Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RGK
And my hot Swedish guide, checking her zero. She's killed moose in the double-digits.
[Linked Image]

Yep, a lot of Swedish women hunt -- and a lot of Swedish women are hot.

During my moose hunting here in Sweden, I've found a couple of hot women around the campfire really improves the general atmosphere.

There is a lot less farting than when only males are present. wink

John in Sweden

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yeah, I would like to fika with her... But seriously, John is telling the truth. Lots of beautiful woman hunters in the Swedish woods. There is a couple in my hunting group and they are just as serious about it as the men if not more. Both of them bring out a 9.3 for moose season. One with a x57 HVA M46 and the other a x62 HVA 1900 - both sub 8 pound setups and no complaints.

Semper Fi

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haverluk,

I really like those old HVA M46 and M146 rifles, and they sell for rather low prices in Sweden (especially the M46's "potato throwers" in 9.3 x 57 -- I missed an all-original, unmolested one this summer for the equivalent of $US 135. Sob.

They are light (as you note) and when you pull the trigger on one in 9.3 x 62 you soon know when the rifle goes off.

One of the guys in my hunting team has about half a pound of recovered 9.3 Norma Orxy bullets (those are the bonded ones) from moose -- and nearly all of of them look good enough to use in advertizing.

John

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_favorite
Got inspired by the .375 thread and I've got a new Nine Three on the way so I need some ideas for scoping it. Pictures of your fine rifles are appreciated!

For all around use logical way to go about it is to look at 1.5, 1.75, 2, 2.5 to 6 or 8x with objective lens diameter of 36mm or 42mm. One does not look at brands but for FMC optical elements and largest FOV with plenty of eye relief. I'm going through this process for my .300H&H magnum and for .375 it would work the same. Several years ago the winner was Kahles Helia C it will be interesting to find out who comes out on top this time. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PS. The mounts to use are those made by Weaver. In USA those can be bought at worlds largest supermarket chain called Walmart. Those mounts are light, simple and almost never allow scope to move.

IC B2

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Here with a 2-7x32 Vortex Viper w/C3 reticle but also use a 2.5x20 Leupold M8 w/hvy plex.
Both with steel Weaver rings on Weaver bases. Ammo is either 270gr Speer or Privi factory stuff.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I don't know what it is, but I like all of these 9.3's. My CZ550 really won me over after using it on that cow elk 2 years ago. It's accuracy is also second to none. It seems the cartridge itself is very inherently accurate and is the reason I've been thinking about re-boring one of my model 70's to the 9.3x62. Personally, I think I could chit can everything else and just hunt the world with a 9.3x62....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Keep coming back to this thread is gonna make me dust off my 9.3 and run several of those 320 gr Woodleighs through deer and pigs this fall. grin

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Keep coming back to this thread is gonna make me dust off my 9.3 and run several of those 320 gr Woodleighs through deer and pigs this fall. grin

Now we are talking waaaaaay "over penetrate" gunner!!!!! eek

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hail Yes Neighba, stone dem sombitches. laugh

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My setup was CZ550 with Mannlicher stock and 1.5-6x42 in heavy CZ rings. The rifle was very heavy by itself made heaver by my poor choices. If I had to do it over I would pick CZ with plastic stock and light scope from Leupold. I noticed that Leupold truly shines in small to medium sized scopes of light plus solid optical and mechanical construction. I'm surprised to see so many Scandinavian rifles and very few CZ rifles. I thought in USA CZ would be most prevalent weapon in this caliber. Another great rifle was Ruger chambered for .35 Whelen. Nice handling rifle with tang safety plus less expensive and easier to find ammo.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ruger also made some 9.3x62mm runs. The Africans were beautiful rifles and the gunblast edition is also very nice... I wouldn't mind getting my hands on either one..:

Originally Posted by JGray

I'm very pleased with the Hawkeye African 9.3x62 I stumbled across last year - sometimes they even use nice lumber:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

...and when they shoot good as well:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

...makes me think "Best in the World", but that handle is already taken, or so I'm told whistle

Now, if I can just hit the damn quarter next time...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like a good setup!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ruger made and make very nice rifles that come with quality iron sights. The best I have ever handled was older one chambered for .35 Whelen. Two things made it outstanding tang safety (where the safety should be) and ".30-06 barrel blank" with larger whole through it. A hard kicker the way manly rifle should be.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
[Linked Image]

Lovely rifle. Just a tiny bit of info on picking scope for something like that. Look at pics of rifles by Scandinavians (female shooter).....she picked small light scope with mid size objective lens which is the way to go. The only thing low power straight tube scopes are good for are big bore dangerous game rifles or shotgun slug guns. These make no sense for medium bore or smaller because you are robbing yourself of light gathering qualities and not getting anything else in return. The worst choices are those "straight tube" safari-type Euro scopes with 30mm tubes because those are dreadfully expensive and heavy. Remember it "looks nice on wall" or in net pics on forums should be left to oil paintings.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Exit pupil on a scope with a 20mm objective is 13+ @ 1.5X and 4 @ 5X.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
CZ 550FS with steel magazine parts, Leupold M8 4X bought new in 1972, Warne rings. Stock shortened 3/4". Original recoil pad. Set trigger disabled. shoots 1" or less with almost any load.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Speaking of steel magazine parts, I was thinking of buying a surplus M98 follower to replace the plastic CZ follower. Any reason this wouldn't work?

sarco has milled M98 followers for around $10-15.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
If you need a steel follower (to replace your plastic one) for a CZ 550 9.3x62 mm, contact CZ and they will send you one.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
1917 is right. CZ USA were very helpful on the phone; they not only sent me a steel floor plate and follower, they sent my plastic parts back as well. The plastic floor plate was a bad idea, but the plastic follower worked fine and would save an oz. or two. I went all steel, but it was nice to have a choice.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 40 invisible), 1,790 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,614
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.