Campfire Member
I
TTGunleather special slim,much like the VMII but rides a little
lower.I also like the MS SSII.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cross Breed Super Tuck .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Milt Sparks summer special II, along with a Galco stiff belt.

I pack a 5" Ruger 1911 instead of a Commander, and this is the most comfortable combo I've found. (for ME!)

Virgil B.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've carried in a Sparks Versa Max II for the past 11 years and I'm quite happy with it. And it's holding up remarkably well, still looks nearly new.

Sparks now has the Nexus, which is an improvement on the VM II. I think if I were buying new, I'd buy the Nexus. If it actually does improve on the VM II then they really have something. Because I think the VM II is the best IWB holster there is.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The only time I took GunGeek's advice on a holster I was sorely disappointed. I'll stick with the tried and true Versa Max II.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Have you tried them all?

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Sparks now has the Nexus, which is an improvement on the VM II. I think if I were buying new, I'd buy the Nexus. If it actually does improve on the VM II then they really have something. Because I think the VM II is the best IWB holster there is.

The Nexus is what the VMII should have been from the beginning. Sparks has finally copied Brommeland & reduced the thickness of the VMII & called it the Nexus.......but it needs a tad more cant.

I'll stick with Brommeland for that style holster, along with the Sparks Executive Companion in a slightly small size with lightweight framed 1911's.

MM

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Milt Sparks watch -six dual talon, horsehide.
Carried on a milt Sparks belt 1.5 inch, pure heaven.

E
efw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E
Wow guys thanks! Much food for thought; I'll shop based upon your advice & let ya'll know where I land!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JSH
Sparks Versa Max is hard to beat.

This!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
like most of my CCW handguns, my Combat Commander rides around in leather by Sam Andrews
[Linked Image]

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A very good belt and a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. Alessi makes find leather, as does Mitch Rosen and several others. Get a very good belt from one of those makers with the holster and you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My Filson double layer belt hold up not only my pants but a full sized steel 1911.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I have had a Wilson Lightweight IWB holster now for three days of wearing. One day up to 9 hours. I think it is going to work out. What I like most about it is the safety lock feature molded in the holster. It is mostly used for the 21st Century Colt Commander. But on the 9 hour day, I packed the Delta Elite. No complaints. So far so good. Not bad for a high quality holster costing just $65.00.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you run across an old Bianchi Askins Avenger, L (lined) version, for the commander, that would be one I'd grab. My favorite of the several versions that were/are sold. For concealed carry, it fits on the flat of the hip above the back pocket, with a lower trailing slot that keeps the handle properly raked forward and tucked nicely against the body. Also works very well as a range holster and was extremely popular. I just saw one pictured recently in the Handgun Forum with a 1911 someone was pricing.

The unlined version was offered, but I do believe it gave some troubles and was discontinued, whereas the lined version was the cats meow.

The Galco version does not share the low trailing slot and does not tuck as well. The Milt Sparks version can be custom ordered with the proper cant, but the Askins Avenger will hang with the Milt Sparks in performance, and can be found, if you look, for pennies on the dollar in comparison. So, if you run across one, I�d grab it.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by GunGeek

The Nexus is what the VMII should have been from the beginning. Sparks has finally copied Brommeland & reduced the thickness of the VMII & called it the Nexus.......but it needs a tad more cant.

I'll stick with Brommeland for that style holster, along with the Sparks Executive Companion in a slightly small size with lightweight framed 1911's.

MM
That is one of my only complaints about the VM II, the leather is too thick. My favorite holster is a VM II-ish holster from HBE Specialty Leatherworks, which is much thinner. Still, I find the VM II to be an excellent holster.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gibby
Have you tried them all?
Not even close, but I've tried a whole lot of holsters over the past 30 years. I also find the Mitch Rosen ARG to be excellent.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I use a belt made by Bandara .. I love it....holds the gun snug and really eliminates the bulk of a holster..

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
nothing eliminates the bulk of a holster, quite like the lack of a holster.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The Bandara Beltster looks like an interesting idea.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (16Racing, 163bc, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,673
Posts18,456,052
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.