Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Only problem I have when it starts raining is my lead disappears and everybody standing around start jumping around and yelling.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Not able to get on the site again. Anyone else??

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I haven't been able to get on since about 8 am this morning. More site troubles?
Rick

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Same here

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
yep, still off.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It just came up for me.

try it now

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No problem here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
working now, they are on their "fundraiser" bit again.

I don't understand why they don't use the advertising they get to pay the bill.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Come visit us at WDIL http://www.wedealinlead.net/forum/index.php
But read this as a welcome message. This is our ethos.

Welcome sir. Glad to meet you. I truly hope you find what you're needing right here.
If you don't find it, we could sure use the help making the place even better.

Each member here is offered old fashioned "Growed up" Respect. And respect is expected in return.

This is NOT a for profit site, nobody is making a living with this place.

This is NOT a family oriented site either. Don't be fearful of being jumped on for being a Man with a Chest!!! Just do it with respect.

We ARE a "Free Zone" for ideas and opinions as long as they are offered as such and not "handed down as by God himself".

If you like to color outside the lines, or experiment with "what will this do?" and such, use this place as a "Diary" of sorts to record your progress and discussions on it.

Any info found on this site is only a record, not a recommendation or suggestion.

Being grown-ass men we expect each other to do their own research and take full responsibility for their own actions. Don't be blaming anyone but yourself if you blow up your gun or bleed out on the range.

If you disagree with someone, it's ok to say so, with respect. If you don't care for the direction of topic, then skip it and move on to another one. Around here, Bad topics (or my uninteresting topics zlol ) soon die as others with better content are created.

I really like and enjoy this site and hope you give the place a good solid chance.

Last edited by VonGruff; 08/02/14.

Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
I don't understand why the sponsorships and other types of patrons support is not used to pay it. People do auctions and donations all the time for the site but it is not used either. I love the site and have a sponsorship but certain things are not right.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The advertising and donations money is "their" loot. I've only seen a couple of sites that panhandle for server fees, and the Boo-Boo board has it down to an art form.

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Maybe a sticky that's a basic equipment list including safety reminders ( #1 would be to show up with brain engaged) with the most common accessories and supplies. Another primer that walks the rookie through the process of raw materials through the finished bullet with words on the difference between fluxing and reducing, common alloys used in the different disciplines, basic lubes, gas checks-why & how, and sizer diameter choices.

As a new caster I am respectfully asking you opinion on the beginners guide written by Glen Fryxell that can be downloaded from lasc.com. I realize that I barely know what I am doing but damn this is cool stuff.

Ed

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
tomme boy and anachronism, I have been asking that very question from since the first time they asked for money.

they just ignore it or any other questions that will bring down their house of cards.

yes they have it down to an art form, someday they (the members) will wise up. Until then, the gravy train rides again.
and they seem to do it more than once a year.

dang tempting to get the list of who donated from one of the threads and send them a PM asking some good questions about where the money goes.

Last edited by blammer; 08/09/14.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

As a new caster I am respectfully asking you opinion on the beginners guide written by Glen Fryxell that can be downloaded from lasc.com. I realize that I barely know what I am doing but damn this is cool stuff.

I downloaded his book a while back and forgot that I had it on my computer until I saw your question. I just got back from an eight day business trip and read Mr. Fryxell's book at night, before going to bed.

His book covers everything you could want to know as a beginner and then some.

IMHO, the link to his online book (which is free) should be a sticky at the beginning of this forum.

Thanks for the reminder!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
R
There are many sites that ask for contributions and are not pushing one optics dealer and the owners rifle stock company as done here.

NOE molds are excellent, right up there with NEI in quality.
A lot of each send boolits downrange for me.

Never seen any "drama" on that site as is all too common here.

If you don't find that site of any value, just change the channel.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Many of us did. If you missed the CB drama, you weren't paying attention closely, or you just recently started there.

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

A
A
If you missed the drama then you didn't look very hard, it was pretty obvious.

That site has a few members who are untouchable and arguing with them isn't permitted.

Give them money? Why?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sometimes on that site u cant avoid the know it alls. Most of the guys who have been there think they are gods

A
A
I've been there since 2006, at least on this version of the site. I think I actually joined somewhere around 2002 when it was hosted by a different place.

Some know it also actually do know a bunch. Most do not. I trust the info given there by only a handful of people.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
I seen some of it, but it was more my thinking is better than yours. Some of the recent ones that left were ones that caused a lot of the bickering. I asked a simple ? to "JIM" and he jumped down my throat one day.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

456 members (163bc, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 42 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,762
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.