W
Follow the game?
Have a team?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Somehow or other, the chain for our high school wound up with a Canadian clip on it. Don't know where it came from, but it was always interesting to see someone come across that "55" on the dial for the first time.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought everybody in Canada pulled for the Montreal Alouettes.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I do hope you have you affaires in order.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I do hope you have you affaires in order.

It just seems logical since that the Alouettes should be Canada's team.

After all, Quebec is the most favorite and progressive province in the Dominion. whistle

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

hillbillybear;
As you may have surmised sir, my late father used to admonish me to remain silent if I had nothing nice to say..... wink

I'd say out west the Saskatchewan Roughriders have the wildest and most enthusiastic fans - but then I'm from there and am biased.

Some of the guys at work are BC Lions fans for sure, but it's rare here for folks to drive 5 hours each way to see a game - not so in Saskabush.

While I used to watch more football than I do now, it's not a terrible way to spend a couple hours.

Oh, please note as wabigoon said, I'm not a typical fan so perhaps watch out for out of country plates for a wee bit.... wink

All the best to you and yours sir and good luck on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal

hillbillybear;
As you may have surmised sir, my late father used to admonish me to remain silent if I had nothing nice to say..... wink

I'd say out west the Saskatchewan Roughriders have the wildest and most enthusiastic fans - but then I'm from there and am biased.

Some of the guys at work are BC Lions fans for sure, but it's rare here for folks to drive 5 hours each way to see a game - not so in Saskabush.

While I used to watch more football than I do now, it's not a terrible way to spend a couple hours.

Oh, please note as wabigoon said, I'm not a typical fan so perhaps watch out for out of country plates for a wee bit.... wink

All the best to you and yours sir and good luck on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

I was just messing with the CFL fans. grin

When I get to watch the CFL I always seem to pull for either Saskatchewan or Calgary.

I hope all is well in your bailiwick and you have good hunting this Fall.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Lions' Andrew Harris CFL's top Canadian yet again

First-year cornerback Ronnie Yell best defensive player in win over Calgary

By Vancouver Sun August 5, 2014

Andrew Harris of the B.C. Lions runs with the ball as Brandon Smith of the Calgary Stampeders tries to stop him during their CFL game at McMahon Stadium in Calgary on Friday. The Lions defeated the Stampeders 25-24, with Harris's role earning him CFL Canadian player of the week honours.VANCOUVER � It may still be early days in this Canadian Football League season, but B.C. Lion Andrew Harris is putting down a serious marker as the circuit's top homegrown player.

The running back on Tuesday was awarded his third Canadian player of the week honour for his role in last Friday's 25-24 upset win over the (until then) undefeated Calgary Stampeders at McMahon Stadium. Harris rushed for 70 yards on 15 carries and added another 73 yards on five receptions, including a crucial four-yard major in the fourth quarter.

The 27-year-old Harris, who was also named CFL Canadian player of the month in July, remains atop the CFL rushing standings after six weeks with 381 yards and the league's second-best pass-receiving total of 341 yards to give him a CFL-leading 722 yards from scrimmage.

The Lions also had the CFL's defensive player of the week, as defensive back Ronnie Yell earned plaudits for his 34-yard interception return for a touchdown plus forcing a crucial fumble recovery in the final minutes of Friday's win over the Stampeders.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback Drew Willy is the CFL's offensive player of the week after engineering a last-minute drive to lift his team to a 27-26 road win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

Ticats kick and punt returner Quincy McDuffie took the special teams award.

� Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...+again/10091338/story.html#ixzz3A64ppxx0

IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Always used to love watching the Gray Cup...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To all our American friends;

Longer field, less downs & stronger beer !

What's not to like ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Funny thing about the CFL, there's what, 8 teams? For years there were two teams with the same name, Rough Riders. Ottawa and Saskatchewan. What's up with that?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by NMiller
Funny thing about the CFL, there's what, 8 teams? For years there were two teams with the same name, Rough Riders. Ottawa and Saskatchewan. What's up with that?

Not anymore! LoL Ottawa saw the errors of their ways and left the league in 1997. They were re-born this year as the RedBlacks.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love watching football, be it NFL. CFL, college, or high school.

I'd like to see the NFL adopt CFL rules and field - it's a more exciting, fast-paced game.

Oh, yeah ... now that it looks like Travis Lulay is back at QB, watch out for BC... go Lions.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Actually a Lions fan, too. I grew up in BC, saw them play several times at BC Place.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Mom's side of the family was from Saskatchewan, so both my brother and I were serious Riders fans in our youth. Back in the days of Ron Lancaster as the QB and George Reid as the running back.

Love the CFL game. Played in highschool, and a bit in college.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by John_G
I love watching football, be it NFL. CFL, college, or high school.

I'd like to see the NFL adopt CFL rules and field - it's a more exciting, fast-paced game.

Oh, yeah ... now that it looks like Travis Lulay is back at QB, watch out for BC... go Lions.

Well he was back for one game, that was the worst game of football that I have ever tried to watch. I am going to be in Vancouver when they play Toronto, was going to go to the game, pretty sure I will skip it after yesterdays bore-fest.

Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Born and raised in Sask. So grew up a Rider fan. But have not watched a game in several years now

Last edited by Rog; 09/06/14. Reason: spelling

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
493 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 43 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.