Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by reelman
Spend the $200 and SBR it!

I'll be skipping the tax stamp. Too much of a PITA to take it across state lines.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That is my take as well. Also final see the merit of the 300bo like a 11 inch barreled pistol and much more effective than a 45acp then there is the 30 rounds thing. I hate this place now I have to kill a deer with a 30 caliber pistol.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I kept wondering what the big deal was with people saying they'd get a pistol instead of an sbr. Now I understand, and I'm thinking I just might have to build one. Only thing is I'm not keen about the muzzle blast from a 10.5" tube and if I put a can on it I'm in the same boat as an sbr.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I kept wondering what the big deal was with people saying they'd get a pistol instead of an sbr. Now I understand, and I'm thinking I just might have to build one. Only thing is I'm not keen about the muzzle blast from a 10.5" tube and if I put a can on it I'm in the same boat as an sbr.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're only in half the boat as an SBR.

SBR with a can = 2 stamps. And the suppressor can be moved from gun to gun, making it a little more useful than an SBR lower.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I know it needs two stamps and the can will interchange between guns. It's the hassle, expense and wait on NFA items I'm grousing about.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If you buy a stripped lower marked "other" on the 4473 form by the dealer and put a short barrel on it....is it a pistol??

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Taking a pistol across state lines is different from taking an SBR across state lines. I will live without a suppressor.

Wait someone already said that! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think I can get an AR in rifle, handgun or SBR through Canada, so the NFA angle is mute on that end. However I could see myself putting a 22rf, 22cf, 30, 35 and 45 suppressor to use shocked

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Just to clarify.... You use them like a rifle...

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jimmyp
If you buy a stripped lower marked "other" on the 4473 form by the dealer and put a short barrel on it....is it a pistol??

More or less, yes. Keep in mind, I'm not an attorney, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

If you set it up as a rifle, it's a rifle, and must remain as a rifle.

Set it up as a pistol, it's a pistol, and must remain as a pistol.

I asked an FFL about it this weekend and he said the label the stripped lowers as "receiver" on the form.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/03/14.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

No kidding?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have done more research on it, my FFL labels them as "other" when he sells them and once you build it as Pistol its a pistol forever.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

the 12 inch barreled uppers are cheaper than the 9 inch uppers I have seen. I guess 9 is long enough and more popular as a pistol length i.e. better balance.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
heck, get two of them, one for each arm, and run screaming at any home invaders. You actually won't have to shoot them, they will out-run you to get away.

grin

can you post a video of this technique! I am sure it will be an instant campfire classic.

http://youtu.be/b7G-sOC3-sQ

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
uber awesome.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

No kidding?

No. Really. He's read some of the schidt you've posted, therefore he knew that needed to be stated:)

I looked at a Sig Pistol today with the brace. It looked like about an 11.5 in LOP with that particular buffer tube that Sig uses. The internet buzz says the extended KAK buffer tube is the one to get. It has a raised portion to prevent the brace from sliding forward. An 11.5in upper, gassed right, with the proper spring and buffer, would be a slick little setup. A good comp like a BCM would help. I'm thinking about doing one with an A1/carrying handle upper and putting an Aimpoint on one of the old SOPMOD gooseneck mounts.

Last edited by Take_a_knee; 09/04/14.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

More or less, yes. Keep in mind, I'm not an attorney, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I asked an FFL about it this weekend and he said the label the stripped lowers as "receiver" on the form.

On a side note, how are giys doing the same swaps with Encores and not running afoul?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

On a side note, how are giys doing the same swaps with Encores and not running afoul?

Good question.
I wouldn't do it.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by gitem_12

If it is first assembled as a pistol, it can be turned into a rifle, and swapped back. If it is first assembled as a rifle, it is a rifle and can not be switched into a pistol.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,626
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.