Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I had a great time and enjoyed being able to share my experience. One of the things I enjoyed about using SS Pro Safaris is they put together a package that almost any one can afford. Granted the flight is not cheap but the hunt itself is less expensive than many hunts in the US.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marlin ... Sounds like it was a good adventure! Thanks for sharing, makes me wish I coulda scratched together the coin to join you. Now how long until the trophys are done?? Will they reside in Boise or Anchorage ??

Best
gjh

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I will keep them in Boise. It's quite a bit more expensive to have them done in Anchorage. I spent more than I had intended (easy to do). So I will probably have one or two done at a time. Have no idea how long it takes to get them here, my impression is close to 6 months but someone on here may know better.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Cariboujack, great story and report. I hunted the Eastern Cape last April. Expect to wait about 6 months on the short end to 1 years on the long, for your trophies to arrive. Once Africa gets in your blood, it's there to stay. Congratulations on some beautiful animals! Kevin

And we know that all things work for the good for those who love The Lord, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8-28
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I will keep them in Boise. It's quite a bit more expensive to have them done in Anchorage. I spent more than I had intended (easy to do). So I will probably have one or two done at a time. Have no idea how long it takes to get them here, my impression is close to 6 months but someone on here may know better.

Daughter is getting older (2 1/2 now) it would be cool for her to see some of that stuff.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I think it will be quite a while before I get them up but love to have you stop by and check them out when you come over. I would be deeply offended if you came over and not called. smile

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Marlin,

What a great write-up, pictures, and hunt. Thanks so much for sharing it with us! I'm glad that second Kudu showed up!

My brother who went with my but didn't hunt took over 1000 pictures. I hope to share them when I get a copy.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
You can get CD's or discs, not sure what they are called at Costco's pretty cheap. I had 10 made when I was in Alaska a week ago and I couldn't believe how cheap it was. Good way for folks to see them.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well done and an excellent safari! Congrats!!!

Goofy aka graybird on other forums

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning"
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Congrats Caribou, fine trophies and great write-up. Do you have their web site, and could you please send it to me. My wife wants to go back for her 50th b-day, so we are in the planning stages....only three years away. laugh

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
pm sent.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marlin, I enjoyed seeing the posted photos of your African hunt and narrative. Sorry I didn't get to see them at the gun show last weekend.

Glad you had a fine time and got the animals you wanted.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (1973cb450, 808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,389 guests, and 744 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.