Hop To
#9120915 08/23/14
C
cisco1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Anyone shooting the US M 4 select fire ?
Safe
Fire
Auto

Cisco

ARIC

C
cisco1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
I am surprised ...no one on this AR section has no opinion on the U S Auto weapons M4. An ATF approved select fire AR Tac-Con trigger. as close to full auto one can get without a Class III license.
Cisco

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
full auto can be fun.

But beyond that its about useless.

I had a desire for such, many years ago when much younger.

Then I realized there isn't a use for it really, other than wanting to play.

That might be why you find folks using what you mention.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
cisco1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
rost,
It is NOT full auto. The Tac-Con trigger has the fastest reset. The rifle can be fired 1 round at a time also, as it is SELECT fire. The trigger group is a replacement for other AR platforms also.
I am an old guy...... and I love to play. Love the smell of burnt gun powder and the rattle of empties flying through the air.
You can have your cake and eat it too.
Cisco

Last edited by cisco1; 08/24/14.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You ask about a full auto M4 then wonder why no one has a bump fire trigger?

Same as the slide fire stock, it's a gimmick that doesn't interest many in this crowd.

The real deal runs $15000 now and not many have that kind of expendable cash.

IC B2

TWR #9122598 08/24/14
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Auto ain't accurate, especially bump fire type stuff.

I can fire accurate rounds with hits on silhouettes at 600 with irons with a match trigger in the AR. Around a second per shot or less, actually less due to mandatory reloads and such....

Just rattling to rattle, gets old real quick if you aren't accomplishing a thing. Though I'll admit had I the cash and desire for full auto it would be a 22, not a centerfire. Those you can write your name with etc....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
68W Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have spent some time on an M4A1 made by Colt. The real deal as it is my issued weapon. Full auto is fun and as said I would say that is where it ends. I'm a big guy and it is very hard to stay on a torso sized target inside of 25 yards on a full mag dump. Can be done but it is hard. Only time I could see it being real world practical would be at close range and a squad or platoon got ambushed and needed to try and break contact to get out of the kill zone. Even then that's why you have belt fed weapons.

That all said, there is training value in the full auto mag dump. We use it periodically to assess our stance and how we are controlling the weapon in off-hand close up shooting. If you aren't squared up "driving" your weapon with a good athletic posture then the weapon will drive you on full auto. So, it has training value on the flat range.

But I will say it is fun to fling some brass. I enjoy it when I'm not paying for the rounds.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine
68W #9122948 08/24/14
C
cisco1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
When you puppies learn to read ..............respond.
Otherwise forget it.

Bring something new to children and they can't
understand it.
Cisco

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Try and reason with old people and they just get bitter and ignore you.

Last edited by CBMJR; 08/24/14.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by cisco1
Otherwise forget it.

understand it.
Cisco

Maybe if you learned how to write, the rest of us could understand it when we read it.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ok, in fairness I went totally by your first post of trying to understand.

But now, I"ve cut and paste what you type, got to a link, did a search on their web site, and found a video.

Still same answer. Not for me. I"m not about wasting ammo.

Kids tend to enjoy that. I get that. I'm about accuracy. A fair number of us here are about accuracy.

Want to just blast away and burn ammo for fun, I'd THINK you might get more responses from a class 3 type forum.

Just IMHO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone shooting the US M 4 select fire ?
Safe
Fire
Auto

Cisco

rost,
It is NOT full auto.
Cisco

Otherwise forget it.

understand it.
Cisco

We can read, the problem is that we're trying to decipher your discombobulated, incoherent use of the English language WHILE we read.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn't grade school back in session yet?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
So, what you guys are saying is that if you ask questions stupidly, you get stupid answers? I always thought a full auto was 27 freshmen in a VW Bug.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Cisco, here the real reason no one here is into the above mentioned trigger:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/05/foghorn/gear-review-tac-con-3mr-trigger/

In the standard semi-auto mode, the trigger feels like an okay single stage trigger. There�s a bit more over travel than you would get in a Timney, but it�s not bad at all. The break was crisp and clean, and there was no stacking or creep that I could feel. Sliding the selector over to the 3rd position caused the reset to become much, much shorter � you just think about resetting the trigger and it happens.

So, the thing works as advertised. But I have three complaints that will keep me from plunking down my own money for one.

First, I can�t really find a benefit to having the trigger installed. Sure, it�s a more crisp and clean trigger pull than the standard factory trigger, but then again so is a Timney or even an ALG Defense QMS trigger. And as for the 3rd position capabilities, you�re still the one pulling the trigger each time � and it can get tiring doing it that fast. You can fire just as fast with a Geissele Super 3-Gun trigger as with this thing.

Issue #2 is that you can�t change the safety. You need to use the provided selector switch in order for the trigger to work properly, and at the moment it�s not very good. The paddle is plastic, it�s not ambidextrous (righties only), and it just doesn�t feel very good. It looks like there are replacement paddles on the way, but even then the proprietary nature of the device will severely limit the ability to find a style you like.

The last problem isn�t with the functionality, it�s with the price. A good Timney trigger for the AR-15 will cost you about $200. The Geissele S3G trigger is $240. Heck, an ALG Defense QMS trigger is only $45. But this thing? $500. Seriously, it�s near-as-makes-no-difference five bills. And for that, you get a trigger that�s okay as a single stage affair and has a secondary function whose benefit is questionable. I just don�t see there being any benefit over the less expensive options.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/01/14.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 72 invisible), 2,770 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.