Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Kitch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Is there some deep, dark secret that only a select few know about as to how to register with Flickr? I've tried three times and almost got through to the point they were going to call me on my mobile phone with some code. I never head from them and that was two days ago.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
GB2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have a Yahoo Mail account and I use it to sign in. Maybe you have to have a Yahoo account? Not really sure on that one.

Here is a link I found.This might help.

http://www.wikihow.com/Open-a-Flickr-Account

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
Kitch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yahoo is where I had my first problem. I tried to get an account and there was the problem mentioned. I don't know how or why Yahoo and Flickr are in cahoots together.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have never figured that one out either with their alliance. I have to sometimes get a code from them when they feel my email has been hacked. I have had it take a day or two. I have a gmail account as well and finally had them send the email to get the code there until the Yahoo account was setup.

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used to use photobucket...they pissed me off when they were placed under new management and decided to renege on their unlimited storage. I was nowhere close to a large volume but still it rubbed me the wrong way.

So I went to flickr, didn't have a problem setting up. Shutterfly is my next option.

Last edited by LeakyWaders; 08/31/14.
IC B2

Kitch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've never been able to get photos to look as sharp on Photobucket as my originals I upload there. I have to end up using their edit function and sharpen it. If you go a bit too far it looks obvious.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I can't say I've ever had that problem with the sharpness. What settings are you using? I have always uploaded them at 72dpi and 1000 pixels on the wide side.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kitch,
That is exactly the reason I don't post many of my pictures here.
I need one of you experts on here to explain what to do.
For example, I download all of my pictures to Picasa, edit them to the way I like them, and then when I want to move them to Photobucket they come up as the originals and I have to use the Photobucket editing which sucks!!! I know, Picasa isn't the best, but until I can figure how to get edited pics transferred to Photobucket, I wont upgrade my editing program to Lightroom etc.
I know there must be a way to move my edited pics to my computer and then to Photobucket, but maybe one of you great photographers (many on this forum) can help a future "great photographer" wink out!!
Also, when you, the above photographers, transfer your photos to photobucket, all you do is resize them--right?
I am sure there are several of us here that could use your help!
Thanks,
Ken

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ken,
What I do on my computer is resize the original to 72 dpi and either 764 or 1000 pixels on the wide side. That should be enough to get good results. I save them as a copy, that way it doesn't effect the original. All the photo sites have different compression and will sometimes mess with color or cropping a little. I don't mess with that, I leave it like it is. It is frustrating I know.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the quick reply,
Maybe I should start over with my question. I guess what I am trying to learn is-- -for example, if I am using any editing site like Lightroom etc. and I have cropped, edited,the picture to what I want to post , how do I get them to Photobucket in the edited form? When I download my, what I think should be finished pictures other than resizing, I get the original un-edited pictures. Is there a way to save the edited pictures to a separate folder or ??
I am trying to get away from using the crappy Photobucket editing system!
Does any of this make sense?
Thanks in advance for any help you may offer,
Ken

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you have saved, or in the case of Lightroom, the image as a resized image, Photobucket should be using that file size. I just checked a bunch of mine and they are all at the size I uploaded. I do create a separate file name unique so I don't upload the full resolution file if that helps.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you, I think I understand now! I think creating a unique file is what I need to do. Hopefully I can start trying it out soon!!

Thanks again, I'm sure I will have some more questions in the near future!

Ken

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hopefully it will solve the issue. Please don't hesitate to let me know if it doesn't and we can try a different route.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,693 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.