Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have always thought that a flat bed would be about the most usefull bed on a truck I could come up with. That being said I think the only way I would get myself to buy one would be to ding up the factory bed bad enough that I could justify it. Id do it if I was in your place with a bed thats already dinged up.

Rick
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would only go with the flatbed if you have a use for it. If you haul round bales of hay, equipment that hangs over the side and has to be strapped down, a water tank for getting water to animals then they make sense. They look great but its pretty hard to beat a pickup box for all around usefulness. JMO of course.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm with ya.

Flat beds are pretty cool but everything has to strapped down. Regular beds are far more useful for most occasions.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have an F-150 with a flat bed that is my daily driver and really like it but for vacation type trips I use my other truck that has a hard bed cover to protect our gear.

You should check with your insurance agent to see if the flat bed would raise your premium...a couple of years ago the ins. co. that we had been with for many years decided that all flat beds had to be insured as commercial and the rate for that one truck was going to cost about 21/2 times more than it did for the previous 6 months,no wrecks,no tickets,and no claims just raised it for no reason.Got no where talking with the agent(who I had done business with for many years)or corporate.Told them that they were going to lose my business and I don't think that they believed that I would go elsewhere so I shopped around and found a co. that I went with,5 vehicles and my house for less money and a better package. The original company still sends mail trying to get me to come back.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
The Ute without a doubt!

Have a set of bows and a fitted canvas top made for it.

Terry:

Any chance we could see photos of your bows and fitted canvas top for the Ute? Would be interesting to see. I was gonna get a Ute bed for my Tacoma years ago, but sold it. My thought was to try and build a fiberglass shell for it, but the canvas top sounds intriguing.

Thanks,

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sorry, not a Toyota. Years ago i had a set made for a steel flat bed on an F350.

It looked sort like a Soft top.
Softopper

Scroll down to see.

Last edited by TERRY8mm; 08/31/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
You can also use the stock bed to make a great matching trailer.

True! Only problem I have is the big ding in the rear of the bed that is on the truck now.

Some strategically placed aluminum diamond plate on the wheel wells/fender to match the bed and or some spray on bed liner could be made fix that. Could still put a low top on it and have a lockable and weather proof storage spot. Matching wheels on a drop axle, maybe reinforce it underneath for dirtier jobs. Bet it would look good.

Sean
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 71 invisible), 3,001 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,116
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.