Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For the first time in months, Walmart and the local gun shop had .22 LR ammo in stock. Limit one box of 50 per day, lasted about 48 hours. Walmart dept. mgr. said they had three shipments of .22 LR ammo last week. Are things improving? I'll be more content when there isn't a limit on how many I can buy...

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Selmer: I hope the availability of 22 ammo is improving!
The nearest Wal-Mart to me is 65 miles away so I don't get there to often.
I do have a local gun shop and a couple of hardware stores and 22 ammo is still not "common here abouts (SW Montana).
They do get some ammo in on a bi-monthly-like schedule.
But often it is Phillipine made and non-hollow point cheap stuff.
I have NOT seen or heard of Winchester Power-Points in the 500 packs being on a stores shelf in MANY, MANY months.
Like I said I do hope the "situation" is improving but in my travels it does not appear that is the case.
Its been 23 months now that this has been going on (lack of 22 ammo availability).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The ammo at Walmart was Remington Thundberbolts and the ammo at gun shop was Federal American Eagle.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have NOT seen or heard of Winchester Power-Points in the 500 packs being on a stores shelf in MANY, MANY months

I've been sitting on three bricks of that stuff for the last couple of years.

Just waiting for something worthwhile to shoot at with it.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have three Walmarts, each right at 12 miles from me. All three have signs up. " No 22 ammo in stock".

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm seeing several calibers show up but the only .22 I constantly see is .22 shotshell loads from CCI.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Went to a new gun shop last week that had some 22LR. Only bricks they had were CCI Blazer. Have never tried those so I picked up a brick.

Availability seems to be getting a little better, but in brick packaging I've only been seeing the low cost loads like Blazer, Thunderbolts and such. Most of that seems to be $5 to $10 higher than a couple of years ago also.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had some time to kill a couple of weeks ago, and even though I despise the place, I went into a Dick's Sporting Goods store here, and they had some Federal Auto Match stashed in the back room. I was able to buy two 325ct. boxes for $20 each.
Not a great deal, but something, anyhow. They also had some Thunderbolts in a gift pack, and had had some CCI MiniMags in recently, too.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by selmer
Are things improving? I'll be more content when there isn't a limit on how many I can buy...

Yes ... its getting a little better but very slowly. I was lucky to find Winchester HP at Cabelas with no limit.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I actually saw it sitting behind the counter at my local dicks. American eagle 40 round boxes for $2.50... not a great deal, but its sitting there.
I hope it will be better this time next year. Still rarely see bricks on the shelf because too many people looking for it in metro areas.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (10Glocks, 44mc, AlleghenyMountain, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 15 invisible), 1,911 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.