Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#9144731 09/01/14
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have been under a tremendous amount of stress the last month, and it was high time for some serious fishing therapy. My wife and I needed a little time away from everything as well. So I talked her into jumping into the pick up with me and we headed to a friend's place up in the mountains Saturday afternoon.

My wife was the first one on board with this really nice brown trout.
[Linked Image]

I was next up to bat with this little rainbow. We caught about a dozen fish before they quit biting.
[Linked Image]

The bite eventually slowed down so we moved to another area. I couldn't believe it when the first fish my wife landed was this brown! Sheesh, I've been trying all summer to get a fish like this out of this area, and she gets it first try. I think the fishing God's just like pretty girls or something. At least I think she looks great especially for someone in her mid 50's.
[Linked Image]

I tried my best to keep up but I couldn't find a brown to save my life. The best I could do was these two rainbows. It was a darn good evening overall. We caught quite a few fish, but I only posted the better one's. Most the fish we let go without taking them out of the water. I know, I know it's better to cradle the fish horizontally for photo, but the fish weren't having it. They were just to cotton pick'n strong to hold onto most of the time. Besides, I didn't go fishing to cradle fish. I went there to get my mind off the past month and this quick trip helped in that regard very well. smile
[Linked Image]
Last fish of the night.
[Linked Image]

Is it Friday yet?
GB1

Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My 3rd oldest son saw how much fun we had and conned me into taking him this morning. We never hooked any browns but we really got into the rainbows. I think between us we land 25 to 30 fish. I'm just taking a break long enough to post a few photos, have a bbq with my family, and then head right back out to try to catch an evening bite. Definitely on a Fish-A-Thon this holiday weekend.

My son with his first fish of the day. Nice fat little bugger. (The fish, not my son.)
[Linked Image]

I was lucky enough to land this one soon after.
[Linked Image]

My son with his biggest of the morning.
[Linked Image]

I can't get over how healthy and fat these fish are. They were all between 18" to 20" but just thick and fat as footballs. Now before some self righteous pompous fool starts posting about fishing on private land, let me address that right now. Yes, it is private. No I don't have exclusive rights. No, it is not lightly fished. In fact it has nearly as much fishing pressure as the public land around here. For years I didn't fish it because I heard the fishing was really tough. When I finally did break down and try it, it was tough. Eventually I figured out what the fish were eating and my success rate has been very good. I don't want this to sound like bragging, but most folks that fish here don't do all that well. It took me a while to get it figured out. It's like any fishing or hunting. Those that put in the time usually enjoy the benefits. While the owner doesn't let everyone on. He does let most decent folks, that ask politely, and behave themselves on his place. In fact as we were leaving a grandfather and his grand daughter (in her early 20's) arrived. I thought it was great they were planning to spend the day together fishing. Then again most of us know it's not really just about the fishing.

One last pic and then I'm out'a here. Might go hit the creek. I hear some fish calling my name and dang it I wanna land a brown or two before the sun goes down. Tight lines to everyone.
[Linked Image]

Is it Friday yet?
R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Looks like a lot of fun. Great way to spend a holiday weekend with your family.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You are starting to piss me off��

I gotta get out there!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're thinking correct, there's nothing wrong with the big Brown or that lady.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
hot damn those are huge trout, i lived in portland 2 years & never got close to those in size. cranky72

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Big Sky,
Can I go fishing with you smile

If not you will force me to agree with Ingwe. laugh

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Looks like a awesome time you had there. You know, I'm in the same boat. When I'm at work I'm thinking about the stuff I need to do at home, when I'm at home I'm thinking about the stuff I need to do at work, when I'm fishing I'm thinking about FISHING. The simple task of casting and retrieveing a lure or fly keeps the mind in a happy state. Fish make it even better.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Looks great. I really need to get back into trout fishing I used to really enjoy it. Glad you and your wife was successful smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,238
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.