Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It was exactly 34-years-ago today Republican presidential nominee Ronald Reagan launched his 1980 bid to replace President Jimmy Carter. In New York Harbor, with the Statue of Liberty in the background, Reagan gave an inspiring speech about freedom in what would be a campaign that ended in his landslide victory some 60-days later.

There are many pundits, frightened Democrats, even Mitt Romney himself, who scoff at the thought of him running a third time for president in 2016. But 34-years-ago today, it was the beginning of Ronald Reagan�s third try also. Last night in New York City, Mitt Romney could be heard in a roundtable radio discussion hosted by John Catsimatidis beginning his third attempt at the presidency.

Romney spoke with passion of Barack Obama's critical mistakes that have enabled the rise of the Islamic State (ISIS) and created the immigration crisis at the country's southern border. Not unlike Ronald Reagan�s style, he was soft-spoken as he said of his 2012 opponent, �Mistakes were made and now we have ISIS."

The two-time presidential contender argued with conviction that ISIS has only gained power because America did not listen to his plan to contain Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. He convincingly laid out the reality that a president cannot draw a line in the sand, as Obama did, and then relent when it is crossed.

With refreshing candor missing from any established presidential contenders thus far, Romney said, "If you go back a few years when Syria fell into revolution and tumult, when rebels were pushing against Assad, I laid out what I thought was a prudent course for us to see stability in Syria. Had we followed that course, there's a good chance you would not see an ISIS today."

He accused Obama of failing to heed American intelligence reports of the growing threat while he tended to domestic projects like Obamacare and redistribution of wealth. He said had proposed plan, which much of the mainstream press labeled �warmongering,� been done to back the revolutionaries in Syria, America wouldn�t be where it is today.

It was a very different, more forceful Romney many heard on the radio in New York City last night. Instead of his usual speech that is left unfinished, he finished his thoughts with a highly critical critique of President Obama�s handling of the Middle East crisis. He said, "We saw ISIS roll into Iraq and, instead of attacking them immediately and knocking them in their convoy when they would have been easy to knock down, relatively easy to knock down, the president again watched. And now we're in a position where ISIS has run throughout major portions of Iraq. There have been horrific human rights abuses, tragedies."

America is seeing the new Mitt Romney who would not have basically left the 2012 campaign two weeks before the job was completed. Hillary Clinton and others most certainly are watching this Mitt Romney with keen interest. He is indeed a candidate in 2016. Those who think otherwise are the most worried they are wrong.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
BP-B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
no

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Lord help us.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Romney will run in 2016 and crush the opposition

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like you fellers think Obama was the better choice. eek

[Linked Image]
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
He didn't have the guts to take on the Obamanation head to head when he had the chance. He's a pussy. Screw him.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Mittsy isn't my A-#1 choice, but I'd happily vote for him over Hilary.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Surely someone is dreaming.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork

on the contrary. He would have made obama look like the poser he is. We're past romney. We need a conservative who can bring out the base. Someone who isn't afraid to get mean.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by jnyork

on the contrary. He would have made obama look like the poser he is. We're past romney. We need a conservative who can bring out the base. Someone who isn't afraid to get mean.

Good luck weighting for the Repub Party to back one

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Romney's toast - milk toast!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
well, he has the support of the campfire..(grin)

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I did not like voting for him but he was a better choice that Bam Bam.

I have a question for you to think about.

Who stopped Romney from attacking Bam Bam ?
He got some pretty good hits in and then was told to stop by who?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
well, he has the support of the campfire..(grin)

Maybe but he would have been far better than the current POS. hopefully there will be better choices this next go round. You must be happy with the current POS by your responses..

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by funshooter
I did not like voting for him but he was a better choice that Bam Bam the lesser of two evils.
Fixed it for you.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by funshooter
I did not like voting for him but he was a better choice that Bam Bam the lesser of two evils.
Fixed it for you.

Thank you for the fix.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
refried beans

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NO.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Mittsy isn't my A-#1 choice, but I'd happily vote for him over Hilary.

Ol' Mitt is going to have to grovel a lot to get me into his camp. I'm looking real hard at Ted Cruz, I don't think Mitt can change my mind. It's his move to convince me otherwise. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
367 members (280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 44 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,724
Posts18,400,599
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.