Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Rush calls Keynesian economics spending your way to prosperity, which is not what it is; not even close.
Just thought I'd expand on this a bit. There's a reason why Rush says that. It's because that's what Democrats think Keynesian economics is too. They think we should just spend willy-nilly and everything will be rosy. Neither side really understands macroeconomics.
No, Rush is right. Keynes prescribed, during economic slumps, for governments to spend more in order to stimulate the economy, which requires a flexible currency, i.e., the ability to bring money into existence (i.e., increase the money supply by manipulating interest rates and borrowing). Once the slump has recovered, however, Keynes prescribed contracting the currency and paying off debt. Unfortunately, he didn't account for human nature (as he didn't understand human nature), i.e., politicians will never be willing to contract currency and pay off debt, because 1) they fear "rocking the economic boat," and 2) they don't want to cut back on supplying their constituents with the goodies. So what you get, where the rubber meets the road, with Keynesian economics is perpetual inflation and perpetually increasing spending and debt.

BP-B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
He is just doing what he has to do to get ahead.

Like Monica...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Greyghost
You all have to sometime realize that "No Far Right Extremist" will ever win, and if you ever want to see a GOP representative in the white house again he'll have to have some Centralist Views and willing to work with the public and get things done.... something that they've been unwilling to do in quite awhile. The GOP has lost quite a few registered voters to those changing their affiliation to independent or as in California to "Decline to State". Those voters will go either way, and the GOP will not get their vote with hard line far right views!

Phil

Whenever I see/hear/read that, what's really there is "give in and accelerate the process of degrading the country."

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by efw
He is just doing what he has to do to get ahead.

Like Monica...

She didn't get ahead, she gave it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No, Rush is right. Keynes prescribed, during economic slumps, for governments to spend more in order to stimulate the economy, which requires a flexible currency, i.e., the ability to bring money into existence (i.e., increase the money supply by manipulating interest rates and borrowing). Once the slump has recovered, however, Keynes prescribed contracting the currency and paying off debt. Unfortunately, he didn't account for human nature (as he didn't understand human nature), i.e., politicians will never be willing to contract currency and pay off debt, because 1) they fear "rocking the economic boat," and 2) they don't want to cut back on supplying their constituents with the goodies. So what you get, where the rubber meets the road, with Keynesian economics is perpetual inflation and perpetually increasing spending and debt.
I guess you missed the 90's??

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Did they cut back on spending in the 90s?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There were some cuts to curtail the growth of government, but no president (that I'm aware of)has actually shrunk the size of the government, or spent less than he did the previous year. There have been two balanced budgets in my lifetime, one under Kennedy and one under Clinton. But we did actually eliminate the deficit in the 90's and paid down a good deal of debt.

No president or congress will ever actually shrink the size of government.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Rand Paul's statement about ISIS today puts him squarely out of the Libertarian ranks and right in with Republicans.

If anyone thinks we're going to "destroy ISIS militarily" (quoting Rand Paul) without a re-invasion of Iraq, they're fooling themselves. So supporting Rand Paul means supporting ANOTHER war in IRAQ.

Ding.
Whoa...we agree on something. wink

Did the wind just blow? Rand Paul is now a War Hawk same as Hillary?
Must be a different day of the week.
Welcome to the Rand Paul world of poll driven policies and principles.

Rand Paul: 'Destroy' ISIS Now
Breitbart News by Matthew Boyle 3 Sept 2014

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is calling for President Barack Obama to convene a joint session of Congress and make the case that the United States must �destroy� the Islamic State terrorist organization.

"If I were president, I would call a joint session of Congress. I would lay out the reasoning of why ISIS is a threat to our national security and seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily,� Paul said in a statement to the Associated Press late last week.

The comment is similar to what Paul said in a recent interview with Breitbart News, in which he said he would convene a joint session of Congress if he were president to make the case for military action against ISIS.

Paul told Breitbart News last week that �if I were in President Obama�s shoes at this time, I would have called Congress back, I would have had a joint session of Congress, and I would have said �this is why ISIS is a threat to the United States, to the stability of the region, to our embassy, to our diplomats, and this is why I�m asking you today to authorize air attacks.��

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 09/03/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I could live with Paul. He's not very conservative, but better than most.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I could live with Paul. He's not very conservative, but better than most.
I like Ron Paul a LOT more than I like Rand Paul.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
[ There have been two balanced budgets in my lifetime, one under Kennedy and one under Clinton. But we did actually eliminate the deficit in the 90's and paid down a good deal of debt.

Newt got four balanced budgets pushing Clinton to the center.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There were some cuts to curtail the growth of government, but no president (that I'm aware of)has actually shrunk the size of the government, or spent less than he did the previous year. There have been two balanced budgets in my lifetime, one under Kennedy and one under Clinton. But we did actually eliminate the deficit in the 90's and paid down a good deal of debt.

Andrew Jackson.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
BOWs, that was then and this is now with so much "change" in betwixt.

The next �Reagan� would hold all the Romney states and bring back enough Conservatives in swing states to reach 272 electoral votes.

The so-called �middle� is a myth. Voter �enthusiasm� wins elections.

BOWS, I agree with you 100% but who might that "next Reagan" be? Not Romney (again), I'm thinking.

Right now, most of those (us) folks of the Conservative leaning persuasion are winding their nuts and scratching their watches.

If we just win both houses of Congress in Nov. I'll be elated.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Even if the Republicans get both Houses nothing will change as the Emperor will continue issuing decrees as he has a pen and a phone.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
BOWs, that was then and this is now with so much "change" in betwixt.

The next �Reagan� would hold all the Romney states and bring back enough Conservatives in swing states to reach 272 electoral votes.

The so-called �middle� is a myth. Voter �enthusiasm� wins elections.

BOWS, I agree with you 100% but who might that "next Reagan" be? Not Romney (again), I'm thinking.

Right now, most of those (us) folks of the Conservative leaning persuasion are winding their nuts and scratching their watches.

If we just win both houses of Congress in Nov. I'll be elated.

I do not know who might be the �next Reagan� will be, but I am still going with the Lady who has molded her whole political career on Reagan and Thatcher.

If the Lady so chooses and gets into the race, we will see what happens.

I had a little extra time this weekend and reviewed what happened after McCain called Palin at the fair grounds.
If Sarah can repeat what she did with her 2008 RNC speech and her debate and other campaign speeches.
She will win the nomination.

No one can match her in her ability to reach out and over the MSM and touch voters as Reagan did.
There has been a lot of keynote events and speeches since then that reinforce my point.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Even if the Republicans get both Houses nothing will change as the Emperor will continue issuing decrees as he has a pen and a phone.

Then impeach the SOB! No excuse next year of any impending election.

With both Houses, just lay the House impeachment articles on his desk and our semi-retired president may well pull a Nixon and not go under oath before a pissed off Senate.

Then both Houses can lay a balanced budget on Biden's desk and if he still wants to run in 2016, the old Senate wheeler-dealer will sign it to separate him from the Obama record and Hillary.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
593 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.