Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by funshooter
I did not like voting for him but he was a better choice that Bam Bam.

I have a question for you to think about.

Who stopped Romney from attacking Bam Bam ?
He got some pretty good hits in and then was told to stop by who?

Steve Schmidt.

Some of the same Staff Stupids that screwed up McCain's campaign.

And just got himself hired by Perry.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
jesse ventura or ted nugent is my choice

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add
[quote=dave7mm] Romney will run in 2016 and crush the opposition

Yes. If he runs, he will crush the opposition...us.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA

And it was clear all along that Romney was going to be the least offensive candidate the Repubs could offer.

Duh... Republican vs. Democrat...dumb vs. evil. Romney and Huntsman were the only R candidates that could lose to Obama, and look who Wall Street bought.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by jnyork
Sounds like you fellers think Obama was the better choice. eek

on the contrary. He would have made obama look like the poser he is. We're past romney. We need a conservative who can bring out the base. Someone who isn't afraid to get mean.

Good luck weighting waiting for the Repub Party to back one

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hatari
Romney won't run. Had he sat out the last election, he would be the favorite based on name recognition alone. His people ran a lifeless campaign against an incumbent President, thinking that it was 1980 all over again, but it wasn't. He doesn't have a message for anyone to follow.

his problem (and every other GOP candidate) is that he can't have a message for anyone to follow - he has to have a message for everyone to follow - and as soon as he takes a stand that goes against the GOP base - all 14 different one's - they revolt against him and go to the new flavor of the month who is a flipping idiot.

Don't get me wrong - I didn't want Romney, but all that effort Romney had to invest in showing he was a better candidate than say Herman 999 Grab a secretaries ass Cain just made it that much easier for Obama to rake in the money and votes. And Romney had to do that for Bachman, Cain, Santorum.....

Each time he'd climb back to the top of the polls until another candidate would jump up with their appeal to one faction of the base and Romney would have to beat them back down

And it was clear all along that Romney was going to be the least offensive candidate the Repubs could offer.

You guys talk about wanting a candidate that takes a stand but the first one that does will get chewed up and spit out - because there will be 8 other planks on his platform that some faction of the GOP base will take exception to.

So you end up with the most vanilla moderate you can, admit you don't want him but still demand that everyone vote for him.

THIS.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Romney and Huntsman were the only R candidates

I don't believe that for a second - Bachman, Cain, and Santorum would have been crushed far worse than Romney

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If he runs and people sit on the side lines. Ya get what ya deserve. Maybe even a third term with skeeter. So he can bring us more intensely some of the same new deal chit the worthless piece of chit THE NEW DEAL ROSEVELT gave us. Only on steroids.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wdenike
If he runs and people sit on the side lines. Ya get what ya deserve. Maybe even a third term with skeeter. So he can bring us more intensely some of the same new deal chit the worthless piece of chit THE NEW DEAL ROSEVELT gave us. Only on steroids.

Those idiots need to realize that the Republican "base" will not show up to vote for a Wall Street, blue blood liberal, period. They never have and never will. It is a FACT, and one that a person would have to be stupid to ignore. I personally believe that the RNC and it's funding parties want exactly what they got with Obama...a sky-high market, funded by the tax payers for eight years. Follow the money...it's the same with all criminal organizations.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Do ya think it would be easier to undo mistakes that Romney would have made??? Or what SKEETER has piled up??? I rest my case in advance.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Already, the drummbeat by the blind, dense RINO supporters to vote for whatever [bleep] the Rovites install is getting louder. Slow learners, they. Groundhog Day. It never ends with these 'tards. It's like they're afraid to win.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Those idiots need to realize that the Republican "base" will not show up to vote for a Wall Street, blue blood liberal, period. They never have and never will. It is a FACT, and one that a person would have to be stupid to ignore. I personally believe that the RNC and it's funding parties want exactly what they got with Obama...a sky-high market, funded by the tax payers for eight years. Follow the money...it's the same with all criminal organizations.

different circumstances but if the base did show up for McCain - a white war hero, elder statesman - it wasn't enough and my guess is because he was preaching the same tired lines of the GOP.

That 47% line may haunt Romney but it was the truth - what he was really saying is I am backed into a corner here because the platform that the GOP demands from me will not allow me to address the 47% .

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I guess SKEETER is your man. laugh

Take are, Willie

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do ya think it would be easier to undo mistakes that Romney would have made??? Or what SKEETER has piled up??? I rest my case in advance.

Take care, Willie

Listen to yourself...IT'S BESIDE THE POINT. Conservatives will NOT make a showing for a liberal. Thinking they are stupid for it will not change that fact. It's been proven over, and over, and over.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

different circumstances but if the base did show up for McCain - a white war hero, elder statesman - it wasn't enough and my guess is because he was preaching the same tired lines of the GOP.

So, you think Conservatives are just old, white guys too? That's Republicans. Don't get us confused. Conservatives can survive without Republicans. Republicans cannot survive without Conservatives. Conservatives don't like McCain at all. He is a liberal. An old, white, war hero/monger, Republican liberal .

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
You all have to sometime realize that "No Far Right Extremist" will ever win, and if you ever want to see a GOP representative in the white house again he'll have to have some Centralist Views and willing to work with the public and get things done.... something that they've been unwilling to do in quite awhile. The GOP has lost quite a few registered voters to those changing their affiliation to independent or as in California to "Decline to State". Those voters will go either way, and the GOP will not get their vote with hard line far right views!

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's stupid, and exactly why Republicans lose...trying to make liberals happy so they can get 5 million squish votes, while 10 million conservative stay home.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
" Winning isn't everything it's the only thing "(Vince Lombardi) Maybe applying this to there political strategy would be helpful. After all, the definition of stupid is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results right??

Take care, Willie

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I guess SKEETER is your man. laugh

Take are, Willie

Just say no to the Rovites, right now, rather than giving in to, and demanding everyone else does too, their earliest attempts to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, yet again. Preaching what you do you emboldens them, but that may be your intent, or maybe it's just denial.

Your way has clearly been proven a miserable, country ruining failure for a few election cycles now. We can't take much more. Seek better. Don't lay down for them again, please, 'cause we're ALL getting screwed when you do & some of us don't like it..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Anjin
Originally Posted by GeoW
Romney needs to grow a set before he runs again.

Compared to whom?

Granted, I am looking at this from the wrong end of a telescope out here in Japan, but I simply cannot think of a more qualified candidate from among those in the running now. Don't confuse intelligence and decency with weakness. Romney had a clear set of priorities and explained them.

His mistake in the last election was the talk about those with entitlements, many of whom had they only known would have been better off with him in office.

There are always going to be some who oppose a successful businessman as candidate. Believe me, he had to be plenty tough to do what he's done.

Remember that chart of the percentage with business experience that past presidents appointed to their cabinets. The rock bottom has been Obama with 8%. Looking at accomplishments, most of his have been totally out of their depth. Libs rushed to dispute this, but to say that Hillary and Holder, among others, had real world business experience is not persuasive to me.

Of course, to say that Romney is the best choice is not the same as thinking he will crush the opposition. cool

He let Obama walk all over him in the last election... Obama, the weakest pres we've ever had walked all over him.. You are grasping at straws I'm afraid.

I'm not sure a Conservative candidate is out there yet, may never again be. I will continue to look for him come election time though.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, BallisticBRYAN, 13 invisible), 1,571 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,207
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.