Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ok, had my 300wsm all tuned up. 200 grain partitions, Kimber MT, put over 300 rounds through this rig with nary a hiccup. Shoots 1" all day.

I shoot 2 rounds almost touching at 200 yards. Move 1 click left and shoot again.
4" to the left. WTH?
Shoot again at different bullseye. 4" left. WTH?
Move 6 clicks right. Bang, 6" right of bullseye. Shoot again, 6" right. Vertical on all shots is perfect.

Suggestions as to what may have happened?

Thanks

BP-B6

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What happened was 300+ rounds on a lightweight 300 magnum.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Nope. Has recoil pad, great trigger. I know the rig, wasn't flinching.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You weren't, the scope was.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Mighta missed the point�.the scope might have gotten rattled by the recoil. Check it on a collimator.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Welcome to the world of Leupold.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

So true. I have a VX2 2x7 that I had to send back to Leupold twice for the exact same problem. Really frustrating. I was thinking about moving up to a VX3 hoping that they had cured the problem with the dual erector springs in the VX3 models. Sounds like I should put that purchase on hold. What is so difficult about making a scope that tracks accurately?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've found if you will always make your last twist of the knob an "R" (right), or "UP" it seems to move exactly where intended. Learned this trick from Cecil Tucker and it works great for me.

If that doesn't work and it continues to act like the OP's, would tend to think erector is bad.

Last edited by JGRaider; 09/02/14.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scope probably went tits up.

I would check mounts, run elevation and windage up and down, left and right, bore sight then shoot a box.

If the scope is dead, you'll figger it out pretty quick.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yep I sure did. My apologies. Thanks for the advice, I'll do some checking. Already checked mounts, action screws ect, everything's tight as can be.

I've had a couple vx-2s , never a problem. Is this a common problem with Leupold?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't speak to the VX-3 models but I have well over a dozen of the VX-II models and about 25% of them either have or develop adjustment and tracking problems as you describe. Shoot a group, adjust elevation up 1" (4 clicks), the next group is 2 1/2" high and 2" over. Move it down 2 1/2" and back over 2" and the group is 1" above the original group and 1" over.

Mule Deer has mentioned that a "well known company's" variables are known for getting adjustment problems and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Leupold.

Just send it back to Leupold and they will fix it for free.

Before anybody asks why I keep buying the VX-II's, I buy them used for a great price and accept the risk of problems - sometimes someone sells it dirt cheap because it has problems. I send'em to Leupold for a free tune up and they run just fine after that.

FWIW, I've never ever had a problem with a Leupold fixed power and have used more than a few of those.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, sending my pa on a Wyoming elk hunt in about 3 weeks, suppose to be this rifle. No time for sending scope in right now. If I can make the adjustments to where it needs to be; will it stay there? My vertical adjustments seem to track perfect.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Yep, the good news is, you bought a Leupold. They'll make it right.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by ndhunterman
Well, sending my pa on a Wyoming elk hunt in about 3 weeks, suppose to be this rifle. No time for sending scope in right now. If I can make the adjustments to where it needs to be; will it stay there? My vertical adjustments seem to track perfect.

I'd at least give them a call they might be able to fast track the turnaround for you if you tell them the circumstances. I've heard tales of the same in the past. Worst that could happen there is you've wasted a phone call if they can't fix it for you in time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Send it in and tell them you have a hunt coming up.

Bet you get it back in time..

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I would not knowingly go on a hunt, especially out of state with a broken scope.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Are either adjustment close to the maximum? I've had adjustments become erratic when either windage or elevation were close to maxed out.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Either swap a scope from another rifle, for the hunt, or send the scope to Leupold.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by local_favorite
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Yep, the good news is, you bought a Leupold. They'll make it right.

Leupold customer service is top notch and I like and use a lot of their products. That being said if the scope fails at the wrong point in time (my Dad had a X III fail-turned out to be the erector spring) while on a hunt in Africa. Having them replace it for free was a non issue at that point.

Not bashing Leupold but in some cases you might not want to trade absolute dependability for customer service. Really nice if you can get both.

Golden............
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
I would not knowingly go on a hunt, especially out of state with a broken scope.

+1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't go with a broken or maybe-broken scope. No way.

Leupold scopes have always been reliable, so far, and I have them from several generations )VariX to VX). Recently I sent two of the older VariX-III scopes in for new reticles and when I got the itemized work list back, both of them had been 'refreshed' in the erectors. I didn't call for information on that, but I guess that over time they do need some work. Neither scope had ever been on a magnum, but one had been on my Sako 270 since the 80's.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sent er in. Thanks for the info gentleman.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I've not had a problem with a Leupold up to this point, own at least 10. I would like to say that they have top notch Customer Service. A couple years ago I picked up an older Vari-X III 2.5-8 at a pawn shop for cheap, it was pretty beat up. I figured I could give it a Krylon paint job and have a good scope. I sent it in to Leupold for a free check up. About a week and 1/2 later a woman from leupold called and asked if I liked matte or gloss better. She said the scope I sent in was to old to work on, so they sent me a brand new VX-3 2.5-8. She never did say what was wrong with the old scope. I will continue to buy Leupold for all my rifles whether it be used or new.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I must say; that is quite impressive.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What mounts/rings? Where was windage at,in relation to it's center?

Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have always had better luck after the scope has been sent back and returned. Maybe voodoo

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
True of rods,reels,cameras,lenses,yada,yada......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bigstick- no wind to speak of, Leupold dovetail mounts. First 2 shots were 1/2" from center of a 1.5" dot, moved 1 click, next 3 shots were 4" left.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SLOW down and read it again.

I asked where the windage was at,in relation to mechanical center. I KNOW,you don't know...which is (1) of many points. Hint.

Where was the erector at,in relation,after zero?

You got 'er bound tighter than phuqq.

Hint.....................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nd,

I've got a spare VX3 2.5x8 and a VXIII 3.5x10 I can prolly lend ya if you're worried about getting that one back in a timely matter.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mounted wrong...it'll follow suit.

Hint............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What do you use?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What do you Pretend to "use"?

Laughing!.............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Mounted wrong...it'll follow suit.

Hint............

laugh laugh
I reckon so.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seen it.

Still shaking my head............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bigstick- no wind to speak of, Leupold dovetail mounts. First 2 shots were 1/2" from center of a 1.5" dot, moved 1 click, next 3 shots were 4" left.

Since he won't just tell you, he means ensure that the scope is not only zero'd, but that it is reasonably close to being in the center of it's adjustment range when at said zero. It may take shims, rings (Burris signature work, and have and insert that lets you adjust left/right/up/down BEFORE messing with your turrets), but Stick probably thinks they suck, who knows) or a mount that is actually on true with the action and bore.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie

Since he won't just tell you, he means ensure that the scope is not only zero'd, but that it is reasonably close to being in the center of it's adjustment range when at said zero. It may take shims, rings (Burris signature work, and have and insert that lets you adjust left/right/up/down BEFORE messing with your turrets), but Stick probably thinks they suck, who knows) or a mount that is actually on true with the action and bore.

Sweetie,

Don't be in such a hurry to put your Kchuntitude in front of your Pretend.

Someone cited plainly:

"SLOW down and read it again.

I asked where the windage was at,in relation to mechanical center. I KNOW,you don't know...which is (1) of many points. Hint.

Where was the erector at,in relation,after zero?

You got 'er bound tighter than phuqq.

Hint.....................''

Hint.

Laughing!...................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, the way I wrote it is actually useful to someone who doesn't understand why slapping the scope on and adjusting it all the way one direction is bad, even if it is "zero'd".

Oh, wait, I didn't insult him or act like a douche, I can see how that would throw you off.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tell yourself that which you most need to hear.

I'll help your Imagination..."you are doing great".

Laughing!..............

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ok, had my 300wsm all tuned up. 200 grain partitions, Kimber MT, put over 300 rounds through this rig with nary a hiccup. Shoots 1" all day.

I shoot 2 rounds almost touching at 200 yards. Move 1 click left and shoot again.
4" to the left. WTH?
Shoot again at different bullseye. 4" left. WTH?
Move 6 clicks right. Bang, 6" right of bullseye. Shoot again, 6" right. Vertical on all shots is perfect.

Suggestions as to what may have happened?

Thanks

I hate to say it, but the VX3 3.5-10x40 I had took a chit as well. I actually bought a pair of them and put both of them on 30-06's. 1 is still holding up as far as I know. 444matt bought the good one that was on top of a nice Extreme weather model 70. I sold the other one that puked at a really discounted price sick

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've several with well over 100,000rds...................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'm not a huge fan of dovetail mounts (rings/bases). I do have some, and they work if on a light kicker and the rings not turned in and out of the bases more than a time or two.

I bought a limited edition Model 70 Featherweight for a real deal not long ago. The original owner that sold it said he was glad to get rid of it-- was junk and wouldn't shoot. So I paid the asking price and headed home. I removed the Tasco and started to remove the rings when I noticed the front ring nearly fell out it was so loose when I touched it. Installed Tally lightweights, my VXIII that I had laying around and went to shooting. The rifle proceeded to place 3 of my initial loads inside an inch at 100 meters and into 1 1/2 inches at 200 meters.

It does sound like your scope took a crap or is way too far into horizontal adjustment, but check the rings to be sure they are tight when turned into the bases (if you have not). If you have addressed this already, forget I posted...

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Odd...I ran 'em on my 378Wy until the lugs set back,stock cracked,trigger broke and ejector stuck. Maybe even on a few other rifles,if a "few" is better than 50. Hint.

Of course I have a schit load of LW's too,but have broken several and never a DD. Nor do I know anyone who has and that don't probably bring the count much past 100 rifles or so.

Great story!

Laughing...................

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1Deernut

I'm not a huge fan of dovetail mounts (rings/bases). I do have some, and they work if on a light kicker and the rings not turned in and out of the bases more than a time or two.

I bought a limited edition Model 70 Featherweight for a real deal not long ago. The original owner that sold it said he was glad to get rid of it-- was junk and wouldn't shoot. So I paid the asking price and headed home. I removed the Tasco and started to remove the rings when I noticed the front ring nearly fell out it was so loose when I touched it. Installed Tally lightweights, my VXIII that I had laying around and went to shooting. The rifle proceeded to place 3 of my initial loads inside an inch at 100 meters and into 1 1/2 inches at 200 meters.

It does sound like your scope took a crap or is way too far into horizontal adjustment, but check the rings to be sure they are tight when turned into the bases (if you have not). If you have addressed this already, forget I posted...

Uh,,,,,, he said he sent it back to leupold

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Odd...I ran 'em on my 378Wy until the lugs set back,stock cracked,trigger broke and ejector stuck. Maybe even on a few other rifles,if a "few" is better than 50. Hint.

Of course I have a schit load of LW's too,but have broken several and never a DD. Nor do I know anyone who has and that don't probably bring the count much past 100 rifles or so.

Great story!

Laughing...................

Double Dovetails are certainly better than the dovetail front and adjustable rear. Seen too many knuckleheads that couldn't use 'em the way they were intended. And if you turn that dovetail in and out more than a few times they WILL loosen up.

Only 100? I thought you had been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Instead I guess you hang out with a bunch of couch-squatting subservient bootlickers and post on here instead of being in the field or pullin triggers. Turns out you are a lightweight. By the looks of your numerous posts you can only spout what you've read on your pornwebs.

If you were to plot the Fire members on a graph with suckatude as the x-axis and douchbaggery as the y-axis. You would be the "member" all the way on the top right. Of course, I don't expect you to have enough intelligence to figure that one out...

Congratulations? Uberlaffin!

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S

Uh,,,,,, he said he sent it back to leupold

Good move. Hope it works out when he re-mounts it.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you must.

Then come back to reality and muse yet again,how you were too phuqqing Stupid to remedy used DD's.

Laughing!..................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Then come back to reality and muse yet again,how you were too phuqqing Stupid to remedy used DD's.

Not too hard to remedy used DDs, but most don't and all I can ask is WHY? Too much better and lighter that don't need a remedy. Man, Limp Stick... Here I was thinkin you were actually a gunsmith. Turns out you may have known one once upon a fantasy. Can I say I'm disappointed? Bwaaaa Hahahahaha.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DD's weigh 4 ounces. Do tell about those that are(and I phuqqing QUOTE): "Too much better and lighter that don't need a remedy."

Looking forward to both your Imagination and your Pretend...though in no particular order.

Do NOT let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt and be SURE to tell yourself,I'm "new" to this "stuff". Double Dog Dare to post pics!

Laughing!.....................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What do you Pretend to "use"?

Laughing!.............

I do not pretend on anything. But if you must know

Leupolds
Zeiss
Nightforce and Nikons

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are a Clueless Lying Phuqq,who loves to play Imaginary Pretend Ignore and the only thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination.

Bless your heart.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Not too hard to remedy used DDs, but most don't and all I can ask is WHY? Too much better and lighter that don't need a remedy. Man, Limp Stick... Here I was thinkin you were actually a gunsmith. Turns out you may have known one once upon a fantasy. Can I say I'm disappointed? Bwaaaa Hahahahaha.

Again:

"DD's weigh 4 ounces. Do tell about those that are(and I phuqqing QUOTE): "Too much better and lighter that don't need a remedy."

Looking forward to both your Imagination and your Pretend...though in no particular order."

Do tell,it will be FUNNY!

Hint...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And you are a foul mouthed idiot with a drinking problem, with no communication skills whatsoever. Add to that your depression, personal misery and your Napoleonic complex and you get a huge mess of sub human piece of crap. A sad very little man in a sad little dream.

BTW....
You forgot to sign your post.

Love,
Ebola Larry

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm happy to be,whatever you most need me to be...it's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please.

Stupidity is your greatest disability.

Laughing!............

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Free entertainment I'm on Fotis side so there and how about them apples.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm happy to be,whatever you most need me to be......

One of 2 choices come to mind.

1. A gentleman (google it)

or

2. Gone!

μολὼν λαβέ

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I am just tired of his bullsh!t. For someone who 'claims" so much there is no evidence other than the endless drone of psychotic ramblings.. I vote fraud.

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mike S
Who's side are you on.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Stick is a parasite..All show no go.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Again:

"DD's weigh 4 ounces. Do tell about those that are(and I phuqqing QUOTE): "Too much better and lighter that don't need a remedy."

Looking forward to both your Imagination and your Pretend...though in no particular order."

Do tell,it will be FUNNY!

Hint...............

Not sure where you are pulling that 4oz weight from. I will buy that if you are talking the rings alone. The bases must be included also as they are necessary for attaching to the rifle(I will overlook your stupidity). What were you saying about pretend and imagination?.....Laffin!

I like Talleys, all things considered, on less than really large caliber boomers. They are the best of several compromises. If you want the best, Badger Ordinance are nearly indistructable, and stronger than any DD. Near Manufacturing makes excellent stuff as well, and are my preference. Of course these are meant for serious shooters, not bootlickers.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ok catching up here. I adjusted 25 clicks both directions with no problems...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am using dual dovetails, been twisted into place exactly once. It has to be the scope; the past 3 years it has shot 1" groups, the weekend before, it was shooting 1" groups. This weekend it was shooting 1" groups.... Until the phantom click.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Make sure to check all the action, ring and mount screws. They can and do work themselves loose.

Scopes do puke, if it's the scope Luepold will take care of you. I've sent in two sets of Binos to Luepold for maintenance over the years and there were more than awesome.

U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
24hourcampfire is on a bad trail.... more and more fu.... basher and forum expert ass.... last two thread I look at... I learnt Sako sucks.... Leupold sucks....

I have sako(s) and I know many many sako(s) owner..... cause a friend is one of the main sako wholesaler.... like in any production in the world sometimes one sako end up in a dealer shelves with a defect but from my friend point of view Sako' are more reliable than any other brands' my friend distribute....
Gunsmith feedback...

I use Looopy for over 20 years my Dad over 40 yds as well as more expensive brand like Zeiss, Swarovski... I have never had any real trouble with any Sako(s) or any Leupold.... I hunt a lot I shoot a lot... and now I work in guiding business in Alaska where wheater conditions are f...bad.... Unfortunately for "bashers" club.... Leupold is the most respected brand here... among pro.... not pseudo experts.... Lots of guide put money on very expensive foreigner binoculars but they always buy and rely on Leupold riflescope...... they don't fog and stand harsh condition when other brand [bleep] up.... their track are among the most accurate and the last VX3 lenses are just Awesome.... Yeah expert buy nightforce, or etc cause forum expert state lenses are better and build stronger and of course Leupod sucks more than any other brand....

One year ago, a hunter was on a Dall Sheep hunt. He had a Sako in 300 Why with a Zeiss and a Sako Optiloc Mount. McMillan after market stock with bedding, cerakoted. we checked the rifle at the base camp at 300 yds on a bench. The rifle was shooting a shotgun partern.... the hunter was mad.... he started to bash Zeiss.... next he noticed the scope was sliding in the mount.... so he started to [bleep] sako optiloc mount.... Unfortunately.... the problem was not the rifle, not the riflescope not the mount.... The dude (is gunsmith) didn't set up well the optiloc mount.... I know well sako and I noticed the problem... I fixed the optiloc we went to the bench and the rifle was shooting like a dream....

Last edited by UAE; 09/03/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not long ago I bought a Kimber Montana 25-06 and a VX3 3.5-10x40 to put atop it. I was hoping that the Kimber would provide good accuracy when I shot it the first time. Well after shotgun patterns that had me thinking the Montana was an issue I started looking closely at the scope and mounts. After swapping scopes and getting good groups, I ended up discovering that the scope was the culprit. Shipped it to Leupold , they fixed it and I'm good to go now. But to say I wasn't pissed at having to deal with that on a new $400 scope would be a lie. It cost me a couple hours of serious frustration at the range. I guess [bleep] happens, I just didn't figure it would happen that fast!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am using dual dovetails, been twisted into place exactly once. It has to be the scope; the past 3 years it has shot 1" groups, the weekend before, it was shooting 1" groups. This weekend it was shooting 1" groups.... Until the phantom click.

Definitely sounds like the scope. Luepold will make it right. I've had excellent service the few times I've used them-- recently on a (newer model) Redfield Revolution that I bought used and abused. They still fixed it for the price of me shipping it to them.

By the way, DDs are darn good rings and bases. I just like seeing Stick's responses to others who may know a thing or two about rifles and scopes-- maybe even as much or more than he does. whistle

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by UAE

One year ago, a hunter was on a Dall Sheep hunt. He had a Sako in 300 Why with a Zeiss and a Sako Optiloc Mount. McMillan after market stock with bedding, cerakoted. we checked the rifle at the base camp at 300 yds on a bench. The rifle was shooting a shotgun partern.... the hunter was mad.... he started to bash Zeiss.... next he noticed the scope was sliding in the mount.... so he started to [bleep] sako optiloc mount.... Unfortunately.... the problem was not the rifle, not the riflescope not the mount.... The dude (is gunsmith) didn't set up well the optiloc mount.... I know well sako and I noticed the problem... I fixed the optiloc we went to the bench and the rifle was shooting like a dream....

What does your retarded hunter have to do with a broken Leupold?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness...the Lying Clueless Phuqq needs ALL the help she can get.

'Course,you can only provide more hilarity.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mike_S
I am just tired of his bullsh!t. For someone who 'claims" so much there is no evidence other than the endless drone of psychotic ramblings.. I vote fraud.

Trouble with you poor poor STUPID Phuqqers is,you ain't got the faculties to savvy.

Which do of course blow the Humor Quotient through the roof! Congratulations?

You are always going to do best,by shutting the phuqq up,taking notes and applying same. Thank me later.

Hint.

Laughing!............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm on the ropes.

Laughing!.............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
May the fleas of 1000 camels infest your crotch,,,,,which judging from your height is 1 foot from your mouth!

LOL

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Didn't mean to horn you up.

May your Imagination and it's Pretend,continue to be "good enough" for you.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is good nuff for me loser. You're the jackass trying to sell schit no one is buying. You have become the jester of the forum but you're too stupid to realize same..

Do you not realize you're a joke and nothing else? You're a pathetic nothing and no one cares. Now go do something that your (lack) of IQ allows for.....cut some timber, paint some ugly ass worthless rifles, disappoint your loved ones and have a bottle of ....what...I do not know...what do drunks drink these days?????????????? You're nothing live with that!

Now Ebola give me some more fodder you worthless shortcake!!!!

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you MUST.

I'll feign my "surprise" that for the 10,000,000th time,you again profess emphatically how you "don't care",via Estrogen Fueled Vagina Monologue Hissy Fit. Congratulations?!?

Laughing!

Stupidity is your greatest disability,you Day Dreaming Do Nothing Kchunt.

Bless your heart...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Send me your clit. I will marinate it in balsamic vinegar..... Maybe just maybe someone in Alaska will be satisfied, Not you mate mind you....That is never going to happen but the burning might wake you up and stop posting Bull....

Loser! Give it up! No way anyone is listening. Too stupid to notice? So take your mnotukies pieces of skittle looking like shcit and your stupid chicken fokkers and stick them up you super wide AZZ......... Loser! Go drink some and wash your mouth out with reality you stupid worthless self obsessed jackzz!....

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Little stick licker....Willy Wonka is lookin for ya. Its time to stir the chocolate. Hop to it umpa.

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fotis
Send me your clit. I will marinate it in balsamic vinegar..... Maybe just maybe someone in Alaska will be satisfied, Not you mate mind you....That is never going to happen but the burning might wake you up and stop posting Bull....

Loser! Give it up! No way anyone is listening. Too stupid to notice? So take your mnotukies pieces of skittle looking like shcit and your stupid chicken fokkers and stick them up you super wide AZZ......... Loser! Go drink some and wash your mouth out with reality you stupid worthless self obsessed jackzz!....

Your keyboard is slurring. Laughing!

Tough to trump the humor of a Clueless Whining Kchunt coming unhinged,as she does her "best".

No need to add to your amazingly long list of insecurities,as you reel them off obliviously...but it IS funnier than phuqq when you do!! Bless your heart.

I know...I know...you "don't care".

I'm crying I'm laughing sooooooooo phuqqing hard,you poor poor STUPID Phuqq.

Just wow!...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bitchin' Imaginary Pretend Ignore!

Laughing!................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're crying Nancy but everybody else is laughing...At you NOT with you. Now go do the dishes...

You chicken fokker

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're crying Nancy bit everybody else is laughing...At you NOT with you. Now go do the dishes...

Your fingers are trembling as you type there,"hard charger".

Funniest phuqqing part is,you can't even convince YOU and you are a straight up STUPID Phuqq.

Hint.

Laughing!............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See you can not follow instructions. Did I not tell you to go wash the dishes?

A good subordinate should be seen not heard.

Now go to bed and get ready for your OB GYN appointment tomorrow. Only game you're ever going to get! Have a drink on me loser. Oh and throw all your useless junk on ebay you depressed dwarf. Someone stupider than you might buy it... Doubt it! LOL

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW you're not laughing your burning up inside....... That is ok I will send you my bill for therapy!
LOL

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kchuntfest Meltdown!

Two thumbs up...you AMAZINGLY Stupid Kchunt!

Laughing!

Wow +P+!!................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am glad you;re impressed. Now can I chip in for a decent rifle, some prozac and a penis pump...ma bee-atch? LOL

again A good subordinate should be seen not heard.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Stupidity is your greatest disability and that fact,troubles you more than a bunch. Congratulations?

Maybe mention again,how you "don't care".

Hint.

Laughing!................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blah blah Bla

Tell you what you clueless dickless wonder I will be back tomorrow to beat some more on your sorry ass.

Kinda tired right now. So polish your shcit rifles stick your a maxes suppositories up your buttocks to amuse your self (no need to moly plenty of room for a redwood to enter without getting a splinter) and I will be back tomorrow to re prove how much of a non- pretend non-imaginary jack azz you really are.PS everyone is laughing at you MALAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blah blah Bla

Tell you what you clueless dickless wonder I will be back tomorrow to beat some more on your sorry ass.

Kinda tired right now. So polish your shcit rifles stick your a maxes suppositories up your buttocks to amuse your self (no need to moly plenty of room for a redwood to enter without getting a splinter) and I will be back tomorrow to re prove how much of a non- pretend non-imaginary jack azz you really are.PS everyone is laughing at you MALAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always funny to quote you,as you come unhinged on the meds and the bottle,trying to salve your realities and phuqqing again meltdown. Funny schit!

Stupidity is your greatest disability.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The hissy fits have been first rate!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I aim to please Mike! grin

Hopefully he feels better today.

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I aim to please Mike! grin

Hopefully he feels better today.

I was worried about you! Did you happen to check your blood pressure last night? [Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you kidding? I was having a blast! 21 years in the military has given me some very thick skin!

If I would let any hammerhead get to me all these years I should have had a stroke as an Airman First Class! LOL

grin grin

μολὼν λαβέ

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good. You need thick skin around here. [Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thick skin and hairy balls have kept me safe on the fire.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fotis.....you are the BOM...lol
I think mr. stick needs more fiber in his diet or it might be the fact that he/she is inbred. Lots of cold nights up in them-thar-parts....

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I'm just real glad there's not this much drama in sending Leupold a scope back grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nah it is all in good fun. I actually like the guy.. Very knowledgeable but with bad comm.....he just annoys me sometimes LOL

He loves me though. I am his big Greek long lost brother.

μολὼν λαβέ

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Get a fixed 6X.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, checked with Leupold today. 2 weeks at best, most likely 3 being realistic. Major bummer. So, if anyone knows of a good deal on something decent, plan to sell a few items to send him with a good one. Prefer:
Burris Signature 3 x 12
Leupold vx-3 4.5 x 14, 3.5 x 10 ( I know, I know, one bad lemmon doesnt ruin the whole tree)
Zeiss Conquest 4.5 x 14 or 3 x 10
I'm open to suggestions, but will be buying something soon.

Thanks fellas

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Meopta/Cabelas Instinct riflescopes. Cabelas can have you one TYD muy pronto.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anybody looking to sell a vx-3 with cds turret or a zeiss conquest?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have 11 Leupolds along with a couple of other brands. The Leupolds have all held up over the years without any issues. I do know that Leupold will back their products like few other companies. They will fix it free of charge if it really is a scope issue. I once purchase a used VX11 at a gun show that had been fairly well abused. I call the factory and asked about the warranty and explained I had purchased it used. The guy replied "we made it didn't we?" You can buy more expensive scopes but I doubt they will be more durable or better supported by the maker.

I will hunt everywhere before I die!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Leupolds, but fixing them is not free. The charge just happens to be added on when you buy them...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have 26 Leupolds, but I am only intimately acquainted with half of them.
[Linked Image]
The only problem I have seen with aiming was a temporary backlash in windage on a Mark IV 8.5x25x50.
That is like backlash on a mill, a lathe, or a guitar tuning machine head.
In the M55, my father designed a split gear spring loaded that eliminated the backlash in aiming. That is in a worm gear. But the Leupold is good enough with two turrets and a spring to usually keep backlash out of the turret screw. If you ever did have backlash, back off counter clockwise and work up to the adjustment clockwise, like you would when tuning a guitar.

I take tools and fix my rifle builds and fix other people's problems at the range. More than half the time my problem and other people's problem is loose screws that fasten the base to the receiver.
The symptom is two shots over there, and two shots over there.
I don't know why it is never the ring cap screws.
I don't know why it is never the rings to base clamp.
I don't know why it is never the scope that failed.

Sometimes the scope was not mounted close enough to parallel with the bore, and the scope runs out of range before windage or elevation can sight it in.

The point is.. it is almost always those base to receiver screws.
Clean them. Clean the female threads in the receiver. Put loctite in them. Torque them.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 58 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.