24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the summer prior to our first daughter being born the world learned about thalidomide babies. We didn't know the gender until the birth but the only thing we could think about was having a healthy child.

We have two daughters one 49 and one almost 55. We refer to them as our two "treasures". A boy might have been nice but we have never regretted the two girls.

Jim

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
And honestly, i feel schitty and really indifferent/ un excited about it

It's too bad you feel that way. Girls are a gift from God(dess).

Let your little girl be herself, don't try turning her into a boy.

Congratulations.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Even though females are inferior to males, I still like my daughters and I'm thankful they're healthy more than anything.

Medical stuff is very expensive.

Travis

I wasn't rooting for boy vs. girl with either of the grandsons, but do have to admit I was a bit more excited than my wife and stepdaughters when we found out number one was a boy. For my wife's benefit, I was kind of hoping for a girl with number two...

Healthy is everything - first grandson had a dificult birth and came out gray in color and not breathing. They had to rush him straight to infant ICU and revive him - it was a terrible thing to experience.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I have no idea how to teach a girl things like trapping, or being a Linebacker.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

hell Kate would play tackle football out on the lawn with her guy friends and was just as aggressive as any guy.....i dont trap so that didnt come up but she was out shooting varmints with me regularly and loved it.....you will be surprised what your daughter will do with you if you include her and dont just brush her off cause she is a girl....involve her and you will both enjoy the hell out of it

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hell soon as she has some time off we are gonna go out cause she wants to shoot my AR.....she is 19 and has her own life but she wants to make time to shoot with me....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Those little girls are just too special. Re-visit this page in about 4 years and tell us how you feel then.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Let your daughter be herself. She will teach you what you need to know to be a good Dad. At Irish dance competitions I see some biker type dads at these competitions with tats, piercings and et al who are proud Dads of their little girls.

Chill out your little girl is a precious gift that you will learn to enjoy in ways you can't begin to imagine.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

N
NTG Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
I know the feeling. It wasn't until #4 that we got a boy, and #5 (aka "the last one") is a boy. We love them all. It is fun to have both. There have been days I was fairly serious about trading each of them in on a new model, but seriously they're all keepers.

Pray for a healthy baby and you'll find in no time she'll have you wrapped around her little finger in a way mom can't...and you'll be smiling all the way!

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My daughter is a great shot, but she doesn't hunt.

At 13, she can hold her own in a kitchen - she makes a screaming shrimp creole, among other things.

To be honest, I'm sure I wanted a son before she was born, but if I had any misgivings before she was born, they are so far out of reach, I don't even know for sure.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by T_O_M
[quote=gitem_12]And honestly, i feel schitty and really indifferent/ un excited about it

What you should feel schitty about is even thinking such a thing never mind posting it. Ick. frown

Daughters [bleep]in' ROCK. They can do anything sons can do plus they have the added benefit of LISTENING when you talk to them.

Tom [/quote

EXACTLY !

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
More likely she's gonna teach you about having tea,pony's and dress up. wink

You'll enjoy every moment!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Grils are better than boys about taking care of you when you are old. She will probably be better looking than a boy and marry a rich lawyer who has hunting land. Odds are high she will look much better than you. Be thankful for that. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I felt the same way, I didn't have sisters growing up so had no idea what to expect. Just roll with the punches and you will figure it out.

It is laughable that you thought you would know what to do with a boy though. I tell you nothing prepares you for being a parent, except being a parent.

N
NTG Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Miss Lynn speaks the truth...although I've had a hard time getting past the eye rolling from my oldest girl (15), but I do know she's listening.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by NTG
Miss Lynn speaks the truth...although I've had a hard time getting past the eye rolling from my oldest girl (15), but I do know she's listening.

Well, at least you know she's practicing up for marrying a guy.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
And honestly, i feel schitty and really indifferent/ un excited about it

Well get excited, and while you are doing that, listen to this. Because you can stay the way you are right now and someday be torn to pieces by regret, or you can be the way a little girl's Dad is supposed to be, and be so very thankful for her everyday of your life....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Teach em the same and you will get the same results. Boy, girl doesnt matter. My girls are huntin/fishin fools and I wouldnt change a damn thing.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Beautiful song.

Another point to bring out. I see many disappointed dads who have sons that prefer ballet, singing, playing an instrument, quilting, etc. instead of the manly arts. Each child, whether a boy or girl have their own character and nature and that character and nature may be very far removed mom's and dad's character and nature.

Each child is a unique individual with a unique character and nature and each child has to be allowed to march to their own tune and their own time.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by heavywalker

I felt the same way, I didn't have sisters growing up so had no idea what to expect. Just roll with the punches and you will figure it out.

It is laughable that you thought you would know what to do with a boy though. I tell you nothing prepares you for being a parent, except being a parent.

Oh I knew exactly what to do with a boy. Dress him in sunday best and send him towards a mid puddle, free baby sitting for the day, or until the clothes are completely muddy

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,890
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.