Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I have no idea how to teach a girl things like trapping, or being a Linebacker.

I felt the same way, I didn't have sisters growing up so had no idea what to expect. Just roll with the punches and you will figure it out.

It is laughable that you thought you would know what to do with a boy though. I tell you nothing prepares you for being a parent, except being a parent.

Oh I knew exactly what to do with a boy. Dress him in sunday best and send him towards a mid puddle, free baby sitting for the day, or until the clothes are completely muddy

You would in for a surprise if your future son has a strong feminine soul and does not chose to be a "real" boy. I'm not talking about being gay but that he prefers the gentle arts to the manly arts.

Men always think their boys will be a carbon copy, a clone so to speak, of them and are devastated when that doesn't happen. Makes for an unhappy relationship.

BTW: The youngest foster/surrogate daughter loved to dress up in her prettiest dress and head for a mud puddle. Dress your daughter up in her Sunday best and point her toward a mud puddle and watch the fun.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I grew up camping and fishing. Hunting and shooting with Ken. My sister and I were playing sports, riding bikes, climbing trees with the boys. The only limiting factor was my dad saying girls shouldn't shoot.....he has since rethought his attitude.

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not depart from it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Was just glad that my daughter got here totally healthy. Her mother (GRHS) was a severe diabetic. We were advised not to try again. She's confiscated a few of my firearms. The only one I really miss is the Model 70 Featherweight SA in 6mm Rem. Loved it when she lords it over the boys at deer camp because she got a 8pt and they got nothing. Then the boys got cute, didn't like that so much. Last deer she got I just hung back and she blood trailed it about 200 yds. to where we found it. And there's been a few times we had to hustle back from a kayaking day trip cause she had a date, GRRRRRR. Gonna miss her this fall. My hunting and kayaking buddy is gone off to college. Course she's at my alma mater so that helps some. CHERISH THOSE LITTLE GIRLS!

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have no idea how to teach a girl things like trapping, or being a Linebacker.

Having a penis doesn't mean they'll have like interests.

You can throw that idea right out the fuggin' window.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Daughters...

After Christmas school assignment...
[Linked Image]

They love guns too...
[Linked Image]

More "boy" stuff...
[Linked Image]

Fishing...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

... typically the disappointment that people have in their kids are a direct result of their failures as parents. So be a good dad and things will take care of themselves.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My daughter can best her older brother at just about anything physical. She is the athlete of the family and enjoys the outdoors stuff more.

There are no guarantees with boys interests these days. Although I steered my son toward hunting and fishing from birth, he has never really taken to either. Turned out he is a bookworm, deep thinker, history buff.

In short, you don't know what kind of personality you are going to get from either gender and if you enter fatherhood with huge expectations as to their future interests you are likely to be disappointed.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Oh I knew exactly what to do with a boy. Dress him in sunday best and send him towards a mid puddle, free baby sitting for the day, or until the clothes are completely muddy

Rookies...

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One extra bonus about daughters is that their pictures get posted in threads about sniper rifles or the 223 AI...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Having a penis doesn't mean they'll have like interests.

and the flip side, your daughter determines a shillelagh just isn't medieval enough:

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You need to spend some time re-thinking that statement and get ready for a ride. Having children is second most fun thing in life. Having grand-children is the best.

I have a daughter that came first and is a true blessing. She doesn't like hunting and as far as I know has never shown an interest in anything that shoots. She doesn't care enough for fishing to go on her own, but if you take her she will out fish you. Her husband is an outdoor person and can name anything in the woods that you care to point to. Their son is 2.5 and knows the difference in a pig and a javelina and we live in Georgia.
My son can out shoot me with a bow and a rifle and probably a shotgun. I can out shoot him with a pistol but that may not last long. He enjoys the outdoors and has already had his son on a shooting mat. His son is one month old.
I never tried to make either an outdoor person or interest them in any activity other than what they showed an interested in. Each was raised as an individual, which is important to me as it probably is to anyone that is a twin. Each was given the opportunity to develop their own interest and direction. Each was interested in sports and school and each excelled. I could not be happier with my children. Set the proper example and just watch them grow.
My prediction is that, if you are half a man, you will live to regeret that comment. I hope you do.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Oh I am Tom, it's just an initial let down I guess

When that kid comes out you will be a changed man, the feelings you are having now Will disappear. Trust me you are screwed pal that little girl is going to have you doing her bidding in short order.

Mark my words.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ingwe
As long as it comes out with all ten and ten, be thankful.

This.

And one small addendum.

NEVER speak a word of disappointment to baby momma. It will be held against you.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Congrats to you and your better half.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

NEVER speak a word of disappointment to baby momma. It will be held against you.

Why would you speak to the mother?

JFC you guys are weird.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025
And honestly, i feel schitty and really indifferent/ un excited about it

Holy [bleep], don't let your wife know that. Ever.

You'll change your mind about this pretty quick, but your wife will never, ever forget something you say about it today.

This.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
By the way Gitem, it is YOUR SPERM that determines if the fetus/baby is a boy or a girl, just in case you missed that class....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Gender was the last thing I thought of.

Pray for healthy.

Travis

Truer words were never spoken. Wanted 2 boys and 2 girls ended up with 1 girl and 4 boys and lost one it would have been a boy
Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
By the way Gitem, it is YOUR SPERM that determines if the fetus/baby is a boy or a girl, just in case you missed that class....

My class said it depends on whether or not you "bottom out", but yes, its still up to the guy....

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sitting in town right now waiting for daughter #2 which should be along any day now. Never did have a preference, but I did tell Momma when we found out that #2 was a girl that I was looking forward to the day when I'd have 3 females cooking and cleaning for me...(grin) she got pissed and told me that those girls better be out hunting and fishing.

Momma don't know it but #3 will be along shortly after this one pops out in a few days.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

544 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 45 invisible), 1,912 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,765
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.