Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
friend sent that to me last week. i've never heard it before, either. i haven't tried to verify it as true, however.

ked

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I knew Key was aboard a British ship and observed the shelling. Don't know why he was there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are actually 4 verses to his poem. We know only the first as our National Anthem.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Don't know why he was there.

Saw this elsewhere...

"He was a lawyer who was among a group of Americans trying to negotiate the release of an American POW who was being held by the British."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It totally disgusts me to watch the opening of a game when some anti-American entertainer butchers the anthem. People like Rosanne Barr who made a disgrace of it should be driven out of their glorified status in this country.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
From a Navy Commander (Retired) in San Diego

�... with all the kindness I can muster, I give this one piece of advice to the next pop star asked to sing the national anthem at a sporting event: Save the vocal warbling gymnastics and physical gyrations for your concerts.
"Just sing this song the way you were taught to sing it in kindergarten � straight up, no styling.

"Sing it with the constant awareness there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines watching you from bases and outposts all over the world.
Don�t make them cringe with your self-centered ego gratification.
Sing it as if you are standing before a row of 86-year-old WWII vets wearing their Purple Hearts, Silver Stars and flag pins on their cardigans and you want them to be proud of you for honoring them and the country they love � not because you want them to think you're a super star singer. They can see that from your costume, makeup and entourage.

Sing 'The Star Spangled Banner' with the courtesy and humility
that tells the audience that it is about America , not you.
And please remember �
not everything has to be sung as a Negro spiritual.
We�re getting a little weary of that. Francis Scott Key needs not your help."

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It sounds almost, if not exactly, the same video that I heard six years ago at the visitor's center when we visited Fort McHenry. Very moving then and now to me. Many thanks for posting.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
One of my favorite recordings of our National Anthem.

Larry
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
she still waves over my ramparts and will til I die.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Fave.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It was found that the rampart took many direct hits from the British ships. Every time it was again raised HUMANLY.

When the shelling was over, Francis Scott Keyes saw for himself why the flag still stood at the odd angle it did. The rampart was held by the stacks of patriot bodies that gave their lives to make sure it stayed flying.

Few exist today who would give their lives to see our Country flourish. Most think they "deserve" everything. Pitiful!

It's a different time and a sad one.

My older friends say they are GLAD that they are old and won't be around to see the demise. They Lived through the best time possible.

I see no hope unless Reagan is resurrected!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
May as well bring this one around again too:

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Never saw that before. That was great! Thanks, Klik.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RobJordan
From a Navy Commander (Retired) in San Diego

�... with all the kindness I can muster, I give this one piece of advice to the next pop star asked to sing the national anthem at a sporting event: Save the vocal warbling gymnastics and physical gyrations for your concerts.
"Just sing this song the way you were taught to sing it in kindergarten � straight up, no styling.

"Sing it with the constant awareness there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines watching you from bases and outposts all over the world.
Don�t make them cringe with your self-centered ego gratification.
Sing it as if you are standing before a row of 86-year-old WWII vets wearing their Purple Hearts, Silver Stars and flag pins on their cardigans and you want them to be proud of you for honoring them and the country they love � not because you want them to think you're a super star singer. They can see that from your costume, makeup and entourage.

Sing 'The Star Spangled Banner' with the courtesy and humility
that tells the audience that it is about America , not you.
And please remember �
not everything has to be sung as a Negro spiritual.
We�re getting a little weary of that. Francis Scott Key needs not your help."

Nominated for post of the year. He verbalizes exactly how I feel and up to now, could not come up with the right words without using some profanity. Thank you for posting this and a smart Salute and thank you to the author.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
First time I've seen that too.

Many thanks for posting it Mark.

Larry

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
265 members (1lessdog, 257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 1,767 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.