24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't go with a broken or maybe-broken scope. No way.

Leupold scopes have always been reliable, so far, and I have them from several generations )VariX to VX). Recently I sent two of the older VariX-III scopes in for new reticles and when I got the itemized work list back, both of them had been 'refreshed' in the erectors. I didn't call for information on that, but I guess that over time they do need some work. Neither scope had ever been on a magnum, but one had been on my Sako 270 since the 80's.

BP-B6

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sent er in. Thanks for the info gentleman.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've not had a problem with a Leupold up to this point, own at least 10. I would like to say that they have top notch Customer Service. A couple years ago I picked up an older Vari-X III 2.5-8 at a pawn shop for cheap, it was pretty beat up. I figured I could give it a Krylon paint job and have a good scope. I sent it in to Leupold for a free check up. About a week and 1/2 later a woman from leupold called and asked if I liked matte or gloss better. She said the scope I sent in was to old to work on, so they sent me a brand new VX-3 2.5-8. She never did say what was wrong with the old scope. I will continue to buy Leupold for all my rifles whether it be used or new.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I must say; that is quite impressive.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What mounts/rings? Where was windage at,in relation to it's center?

Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have always had better luck after the scope has been sent back and returned. Maybe voodoo

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
True of rods,reels,cameras,lenses,yada,yada......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bigstick- no wind to speak of, Leupold dovetail mounts. First 2 shots were 1/2" from center of a 1.5" dot, moved 1 click, next 3 shots were 4" left.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SLOW down and read it again.

I asked where the windage was at,in relation to mechanical center. I KNOW,you don't know...which is (1) of many points. Hint.

Where was the erector at,in relation,after zero?

You got 'er bound tighter than phuqq.

Hint.....................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nd,

I've got a spare VX3 2.5x8 and a VXIII 3.5x10 I can prolly lend ya if you're worried about getting that one back in a timely matter.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mounted wrong...it'll follow suit.

Hint............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Welcome to the world of Leupold.

What do you use?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What do you Pretend to "use"?

Laughing!.............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Mounted wrong...it'll follow suit.

Hint............

laugh laugh
I reckon so.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seen it.

Still shaking my head............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ndhunterman
Bigstick- no wind to speak of, Leupold dovetail mounts. First 2 shots were 1/2" from center of a 1.5" dot, moved 1 click, next 3 shots were 4" left.

Since he won't just tell you, he means ensure that the scope is not only zero'd, but that it is reasonably close to being in the center of it's adjustment range when at said zero. It may take shims, rings (Burris signature work, and have and insert that lets you adjust left/right/up/down BEFORE messing with your turrets), but Stick probably thinks they suck, who knows) or a mount that is actually on true with the action and bore.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie

Since he won't just tell you, he means ensure that the scope is not only zero'd, but that it is reasonably close to being in the center of it's adjustment range when at said zero. It may take shims, rings (Burris signature work, and have and insert that lets you adjust left/right/up/down BEFORE messing with your turrets), but Stick probably thinks they suck, who knows) or a mount that is actually on true with the action and bore.

Sweetie,

Don't be in such a hurry to put your Kchuntitude in front of your Pretend.

Someone cited plainly:

"SLOW down and read it again.

I asked where the windage was at,in relation to mechanical center. I KNOW,you don't know...which is (1) of many points. Hint.

Where was the erector at,in relation,after zero?

You got 'er bound tighter than phuqq.

Hint.....................''

Hint.

Laughing!...................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, the way I wrote it is actually useful to someone who doesn't understand why slapping the scope on and adjusting it all the way one direction is bad, even if it is "zero'd".

Oh, wait, I didn't insult him or act like a douche, I can see how that would throw you off.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tell yourself that which you most need to hear.

I'll help your Imagination..."you are doing great".

Laughing!..............

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ok, had my 300wsm all tuned up. 200 grain partitions, Kimber MT, put over 300 rounds through this rig with nary a hiccup. Shoots 1" all day.

I shoot 2 rounds almost touching at 200 yards. Move 1 click left and shoot again.
4" to the left. WTH?
Shoot again at different bullseye. 4" left. WTH?
Move 6 clicks right. Bang, 6" right of bullseye. Shoot again, 6" right. Vertical on all shots is perfect.

Suggestions as to what may have happened?

Thanks

I hate to say it, but the VX3 3.5-10x40 I had took a chit as well. I actually bought a pair of them and put both of them on 30-06's. 1 is still holding up as far as I know. 444matt bought the good one that was on top of a nice Extreme weather model 70. I sold the other one that puked at a really discounted price sick

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
148 members (308xray, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,459 guests, and 907 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,587
Posts18,397,838
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.