Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
lawnman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Thinking real hard on pulling the trigger on a new tundra double cab 4x4. Trd offroad pacage. Sr5. 5.7 l v8. Nice driving and riding truck. I know the mechanical background on this truck is solid just worried about the newer touch screen audio and such. I have what I think is a fantastic deal on this truck. $32000 without my trade. Its $7500 off msrp. Advice please! !

A man's got to know his limitations!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Local Ford Dealer's are discounting their remaining inventory of F-150's $12K right now. I know they are more expensive than the Tundras, though. The Toyota Dealers around here still think they can charge list price on their Tundra's.

The only complaints I hear from my buddies who drive Tundra's are the gas mileage sucks.

My new Ford SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost is getting 20 highway & 15 around town.
And Ford's Touch Screen Navigation & Synce Voice activated system is awesome! Mine even has a weather map with live Radar.

I really like Toyota's Motor / Powertrain, and I LOVED my FJ. Cruiser.
But I spend a lot of time in my Pickups traveling back and forth between our 3 different Ranches. Spending that much time In my trucks makes me really appreciate the Luxury and Ride on all my Ford trucks. A little more expensive than the Tundra, but we'll worth it to me.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My dad and I went ahead and bought one each. I got the crewmax and he got the double cab. We both love them. It's his second. I had a Tacoma about 10 years ago and loved it as well. With the prices of these trucks now it's hard to beat. Buying a used once doesn't make any sense with the discounts. I've only got 1100 miles on my now, but it's been great so far. I love the touchscreen and bluetooth. Granted, the gas mileage isn't the best, but we're getting around 17-18 on the highway and 14-15 in town depending on how much stopping you have to do maybe 1-2mgp less. I was torn between the Toyota and the Ecoboost, but I just felt better having a full blown V8. I have a friend that had the EB and although he liked it, he had issues that he never could get penned down. They may have all those issues worked out now, but I just don't want to take any chances if I don't have to.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I bought a 2014 Tundra Limited, 4x4, in April.
Love this truck.

My choice was between the Tundra and a Fork 150,the towing capacity and the ride convinced me.

32k is a damn good price.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The 2014's are nice looking rigs. The mileage is my only concern. I get lots of reports of 15 mpg. The poster above mentioned 17-18 highway. If that is the case, I would find that acceptable.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A lot of it depends on if you plan on adding larger tires and such on it. With my stock, I was getting 16-18. Now that it's leveled/lifted with bigger (read much heavier) tires, I get around 15-16, possibly up to 17, on the highway. That doesn't bother me since my '04 GMC was getting 14-15 on the highway with less power and comfort.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wouldn't pay 3cent for a dozen toys.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Washburn
The 2014's are nice looking rigs. The mileage is my only concern. I get lots of reports of 15 mpg. The poster above mentioned 17-18 highway. If that is the case, I would find that acceptable.

I'd be happy to get 15 every day out of my '01 F150, I'm getting a little over 13 now...

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
srw--- no one cares

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TBREW401
srw--- no one cares

and thats the problem with americans these days.there are no real americans left. you are part of the problem,simple fact.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by srwshooter
wouldn't pay 3cent for a dozen toys.

Why is that?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Toyota Tundra
Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab -- 12-26-2009.jpg
Overview
Manufacturer Toyota
Production May 1999�present
Model years 2000�present
Assembly Princeton, Indiana (TMMI ended in 2009)
San Antonio, Texas, USA (TMMTX)
Body and chassis
Class Full-size pickup truck
Body style 2-door Regular cab
4-door Double cab and Crewmax
Layout Front engine, rear-wheel drive / four-wheel drive
Related Toyota Sequoia
Chronology
Predecessor Toyota T100

The Toyota Tundra is a full-size pickup truck manufactured in the US by the Japanese manufacturer Toyota since May 1999. The Tundra was not only the first full-size pickup to be built by a Japanese manufacturer, but was also nominated for the North American Truck of the Year award and was Motor Trend magazine's Truck of the Year in 2000 and 2008. Currently the Tundra is assembled in San Antonio, Texas, USA where production was consolidated in 2008, and the only full-size pickup truck manufactured in Texas, where trucks serve many purposes and have become an integral part of the state's culture.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I am?
I bought an American built truck.
Built in Texas, engines made in Alabama.

Oh yeah, built by non union labor.

Where was your truck built?

No one cares what you buy, or don't buy!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Toyota Corporate Office Headquarters
Toyota Motor Corporation
1, Toyota-cho
Toyota-Shi, ACH 471-8571 Japan

Their HQ isn't in the USA, unless it is in one of obama's 57 states. One thing for sure, toyota sure as Hell isn't American.

BTW, keep adding to the trade deficit. The bulk of the money goes to Japan and doesn't stay in the USA.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Toyota Corporate Office Headquarters
Toyota Motor Corporation
1, Toyota-cho
Toyota-Shi, ACH 471-8571 Japan

Their HQ isn't in the USA, unless it is in one of obama's 57 states. One thing for sure, toyota sure as Hell isn't American.

BTW, keep adding to the trade deficit. The bulk of the money goes to Japan and doesn't stay in the USA.

Yup, buy a Chebby instead, and the money will go to China.

In all seriousness, the "domestic" manufacturers probably have less local content than the Tundra does, and as far the where the money supposedly goes, what does it matter when the sh1thead in the White House is pissing on our economy and particularly our manufacturing and energy sectors? I drive a domestic truck, but I'm the first to admit that if Toyota offered a 3/4 ton diesel, I would have given it serious consideration.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
There is nothing more American than both competition and the freedom to buy the best product out there.

I remember the days were Toyota vehicles were getting the reputation of being much more reliable than Fords, Chevy and Dodge vehicles. It took awhile, but eventually the others had to catch up and improve their game. They have gotten better through competition to extent that I plan on looking at a new Ford 150, in addition to another Tundra when my 2002 SR5 needs to be replaced in another 5 years or so.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Unfortunately, they are still trying to catch up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would have loved to consider the tundra but IMO it wasn't a contender. It does not have integral trailer brake control. It just doesn't have the features of a serious truck. The other problem and this is probably the biggest. They don't really have a fuel efficient combo. The ecoboost is big block, diesel like torque and power with v6 mileage. tundra has no answer to it!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That is a good price. I paid 31.5k for my 2011 Ecoboost 4x4 XLT ann I looked long and hard to get that price. I say go for it. I like the looks of the new 2014 Toyota.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Tundra, same engine, drive train and wet noodle frame from 2007. Sorry Toyota, selling yesterday's product today will never work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.