Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to laugh when the old farts here are willing to eat a chitt sandwich as long as it's served by someone with an R behind their name,but cry like little babies when that same chitt sandwich is served by someone with a D behind their name.LOL.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
BOWs, that was then and this is now with so much "change" in betwixt.

The next �Reagan� would hold all the Romney states and bring back enough Conservatives in swing states to reach 272 electoral votes.

The so-called �middle� is a myth. Voter �enthusiasm� wins elections.

Enthusing the Middle wins elections. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Reagan, Reagan, Reagan.... their ain't no more Reagan's, and even if there was you all wouldn't elect him!

Phil

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Reagan, Reagan, Reagan.... their ain't no more Reagan's, and even if there was you all wouldn't elect him!

Phil

This

He did come from California ya know.
That right there would shut him down if he was still around today.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Phil

You got that right, GG. He wouldn't be perceived as conservative enough except through retrospect, and that when compared to an American reject (Dimocrap).

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball

Phil

You got that right, GG. He wouldn't be perceived as conservative enough except through retrospect, and that when compared to an American reject (Dimocrap).

I disagree. Wall Street would never let him become the candidate. Back then...votes counted.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by acy
I refuse to believe that the "middle" elected Obama. If the "middle" did that, then we are totally screwed.
The middle did elect Obama, and there were two very big reasons they did it.

1 - McCain
2 - Romney

McCain is a freaking nut! The guy is seriously out there and it's no secret. EVERYONE in congress has a story when McCain has gone bat-chit crazy. And the electorate knew he was a nut.

Romney has been on both sides of every issue under the sun and he comes across as a guy who stands for nothing but getting elected.

Then factor in the financial collapse which happened on Bush's watch. It doesn't matter if it was or wasn't Bush's fault, the dumb people just saw the economy come unraveled on Bush's watch; so it has to be his fault.

Just like a friend of mine who in 2009 was having hard economic times and blamed it all on Obama. Nevermind that the trouble started a full year before Obama took office, it's just who's in there when it all comes crashing down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Phil
Nope, Reagan preached trickle down economics but actually practiced Keynes. And he raised taxes 6 times, but jut didn't call them tax increases. That would make him un-electable by the right today.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Both the left and the right are 'leftists'...just a different brand.
Bingo. The left are true leftists, while the "right" are false rightists, actually just another brand of leftist (the Trotskyite variety rather than the Stalinist). A leftist wants powerful centralized government. "The left" wants powerful centralized government to implement collectivism, destroy industry, and establish a one-world dictatorial super-state, while the false "right" (actually, just another brand of leftist) wants powerful centralized government to perpetuate war and empire for the banks and big corporations abroad, while maintaining a police state and centrally managed crony capitalism at home. Essentially the same things, with slightly different emphasis.

A true rightist is opposed to a powerful centralized government for any reason, because he correctly perceives it to be anathema to individual liberty.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball

Phil

This is why Reagan was so popular with movement conservatives:

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Phil
Nope, Reagan preached trickle down economics but actually practiced Keynes. And he raised taxes 6 times, but jut didn't call them tax increases. That would make him un-electable by the right today.

Reagan went along with some Tip O'Neil tax increases to win his war with the Soviets.
But Reagan lowered tax rates, reduced government red tape, and got the free market going.
Grew the GDP and cut the unemployment rate at several times that of Obama.
The numbers don't lie.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by acy
I refuse to believe that the "middle" elected Obama. If the "middle" did that, then we are totally screwed.
The middle did elect Obama, and there were two very big reasons they did it.

1 - McCain
2 - Romney

don't underestimate the fraud that occurred to get Barry in the second time.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Both the left and the right are 'leftists'...just a different brand.
Bingo. The left are true leftists, while the "right" are false rightists, actually just another brand of leftist (the Trotskyite variety rather than the Stalinist). A leftist wants powerful centralized government. "The left" wants powerful centralized government to implement collectivism, destroy industry, and establish a one-world dictatorial super-state, while the false "right" (actually, just another brand of leftist) wants powerful centralized government to perpetuate war and empire for the banks and big corporations abroad, while maintaining a police state and centrally managed crony capitalism at home. Essentially the same things, with slightly different emphasis.

A true rightist is opposed to a powerful centralized government for any reason, because he correctly perceives it to be anathema to individual liberty.

You are right except I would say the Left is communist and the Right is fascist.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Hillary Clinton and others most certainly are watching this Mitt Romney with keen interest. He is indeed a candidate in 2016. Those who think otherwise are the most worried they are wrong.

Perry.
I like Perry.He has a excellent economic message.Solid executive experience.
Prone to saying and doing really stupid stuff.Was totally unprepared to run for pres. last time.I hope he runs.

Scott Walker.
Good economic message.Solid executive experience as gov.No experience running a national campaign.I hope he runs.

Herman Cain.
Solid business experience.Dont know [bleep] about how government works.Could care less.

Bachman-Palin.
Eye candy.And not ready for prime time.Never will be.

Rick Santorum.
A true Conservative,what ever that means.Would appeal to about .005 % of voters on a national ticket.Thats about what he got in the last primary.A "free trader" of the first order.Spent the whole time as senator for Pa. lip locked on chi-com etcho.

Rand Paul.
A idea guy.Good message.Not quite the retard as daddy was.
No executive,national campaign or business experience.I like him but I dont think hes ready.Hope he runs anyway.

Paul Ryan.
A idea guy.Good message.National campaign experience as Romneys VP.Light on business and executive experience.I like him and I hope he runs.

Ted Cruz.
Get a kick out of watching him humiliate libtards.
Democrats are not ISIS.We dont need to destroy them.We need to change there minds.His take no Prisoners attitude toward the dems alienates center right independent voters.
Want a republican in the white house.? Get center right independent voters on your side.Never happen with this guy.

Mitt Romney.
Romney beats them all on name recognition alone in the republican primary.
I also think he the best qualified for the job..

Romney vs. Kun-ton.In the national election.

Just thinking about what Kun-ton would do to the SCOTUS makes me sick.
Should make all of you sick.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Phil

Reagan went along with some Tip O'Neil tax increases to win his war with the Soviets.
But Reagan lowered tax rates, reduced government red tape, and got the free market going.
The numbers don't lie.

How do you increase taxes and lower tax rates at the same time? Voodoo economics.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Lets get the senate in 2 months first.

Ain't nobody even declared yet.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
this is like blustering about college football in July.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by derby_dude

How do you increase taxes and lower tax rates at the same time? Voodoo economics.

I thought you are a CPA?!

Last edited by ironbender; 09/02/14.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He's a flippin kook.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by derby_dude

The numbers don't lie.

Good God Almighty! Do I really have to explain that all taxes are not created equal?

Some of those so-called Reagan tax increases were simply ending some deductions. The federal gas tax went from 4 to 9 cents...temporary. Higher cigarette taxes.
The worst were raising the capital gains tax rate and the corporate rate in 1986.

Much of this came about because Reagan was the first to get suckered into a 3-1 ratio of spending cuts to tax increases.
�Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982� Somehow the cuts never happened and coupled with the Cold War spending increases the national debt tripled.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...Reagan got HIS tax cuts.
The federal income tax with 16 brackets of 14 to 70 percent were chopped to TWO brackets of 15 and 28 percent.
Capital gains tax went down to 20 percent, but in 1986 kicked up to 28 percent.

The unemployment rate dropped from 7 percent in 1980 to 5.4 percent in 1988. The inflation rate dropped from 10 percent to 4 percent.
GDP growth was at -0.03 percent in 1980 under Carter. 4.1 percent in 1988 under Reagan.
Federal tax receipts increased 60 percent.

Reaganonomics worked.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (300_savage, 01Foreman400, 257robertsimp, 338Rules, 16penny, 13 invisible), 1,163 guests, and 763 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,235
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.