Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Fotis
So did you expect them to redesign their whole line so you can use the scope of your choice?

This is a well known issue from their M995 line years and years ago.

What did you have in mind? How can they have helped you out?

BTW if you get the lower profile scopes they work great. Think leupold CDS or Bushnell 6500 2,5x16......

Also I nave never seen a sako or Tikka that was not sub MOA. None leave the factory without shooting under 1". If one snuck out they will make it right...

Umm, well...yea? If this is a problem that many customers have complained about then yes, I think they should find a solution. Don't you?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or you could find a solution yourself. Couldn't you monkey with the ejector face, sorta like one would with a 1911? Don't know anything about the guts of a Sucko, so that's a guess...

I'd think a slight bevel starboard would do it.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 16bore; 09/05/14. Reason: pic
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yeah it's probably coming down to creative engineering. Not going to ditch it. I'm thinking the spring replacement will probably work but just burns me up that the manufacturer doesn't stand behind the product. Like I said in my reply to Beretta, I'm familiar with products that didn't go just as planned. It happens. No need to lie and duck responsibility. Live up to obligtions. But Beretta and Sako say no thanks.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fotis
So did you expect them to redesign their whole line so you can use the scope of your choice?

This is a well known issue from their M995 line years and years ago.

What did you have in mind? How can they have helped you out?

BTW if you get the lower profile scopes they work great. Think leupold CDS or Bushnell 6500 2,5x16......

Also I nave never seen a sako or Tikka that was not sub MOA. None leave the factory without shooting under 1". If one snuck out they will make it right...

Someone let being super cool moderator over on the nosler forum go to their head [bleep]... And no i will not drive to wyoming for a fist fight...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Shootem, evidently you don't know the proper technique to working a bolt action rifle cause no way could a guaranteed to shoot sub MOA 5 shot group Sako model 85 (the perfect rifle)possibly malfunction!........grin.......I have owned a pile of Model 85's and other Sako models and whether the Sako fanboy's want to admit it or not this ejection issue does exist in some rifle's, Out of the dozen or so I have owned two had this ejection issue, I sent one back to Berreta and was blown off with a similar response..........Just because you happen to own a Sako 85 or three that aren't afflicted with this problem doesn't mean it don't exist................Hb

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well if Beretta can't fix it,looks like a good market out there for a good gunsmith.I'm not doubting there is an issue.The issue seems to only be with the L action.I have a 85s 308 that functions flawless.I can't believe there is any difference between the L and S action or bolt other than being longer.To me logic dictates it IS an ejector problem.If that is the case it CAN be fixed.
I'm not defending Beretta.They seem to have a reputation for poor CS.They SHOULD make it right or issue a refund.
VaHillbilly,I'm curious.You had a pile of them.Did you ever try to swap bolts with say a good one and a bad one?Just wondering.
I know if I had one I would do my all to fix it myself.
Screw those idiots.
To the Sako slammers,I just have to laugh at the BS.Clueless.
Don't care if you like my shorts either.I don't buy to please others or go with the crowd.

Sorry,I drank the Sako-Aid.My opinion may be biased.
bh444
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by shootem
... No need to lie and duck responsibility. Live up to obligations. ...

Unfortunately, "ducking responsibility" or blaming someone else is the standard mode of operation for most companies today. It makes the few companies that do stand up and "make it right" look like saints, when in fact, that should be the norm.

Companies that fail to acknowledge the power of internet forums and social media to mold perceptions and opinions about their products will also fade into the sunset over the next 10 to 20 years. Looks like Beretta may be one of them...

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A most enjoyable post...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Companies that fail to acknowledge the power of internet forums and social media to mold perceptions and opinions about their products will also fade into the sunset over the next 10 to 20 years. Looks like Beretta may be one of them...

I doubt it. That company's been around for 500 some years so they must be doing something right. As far as the internet molding perceptions, for every con there is a pro so people tend to want to find out for them selfs in the end.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Wow, Beretta's response is ridiculous. Glad Eurooptic took my non-functional 9.3 back. How long have you had it? Have you tried talking with the gun shop you bought it from?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome to the 21st century.

Companies have no sense of tradition, no sense of honor, no pride.

Since they say it can't be fixed, I would trade it off, buy something else, and spend a little spare time lighting them up good and proper on every shooting website I could find.

If you can't bring yourself to letting the rifle go, I would consider trying to contact Sako directly. It's possible that they may still give a rat's ass about their reputation.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I would call Greg Tannel and see if he has a solution.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I possibly would also call Accuflight:

http://accuflite.com/index.html

They are allegedly the Sako whisperers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since some or most of these rifles do work properly, there is a reason yours doesn't, and most likely they know what it is, but aren't willing to fix it because it would cost them too much. A good smith might be able to correct it, but you certainly shouldn't have to pay for that.

There's no excuse for a rifle that costs that much and doesn't function.

Has the Freedom Group acquired Beretta?

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Beretta makes some great firearms. One thing they seldom do is make a mistake they will admit to. Know it going in.

And it will take longer than most are willing to wait for them to decide they were not at fault if you send it into them for evaluation, been that way for years.

Addition: Then again, if you know someone on the inside things can get taken care of rather quickly. Most don't.

Last edited by battue; 09/06/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Welcome to the 21st century.

Companies have no sense of tradition, no sense of honor, no pride.

If you can't bring yourself to letting the rifle go, I would consider trying to contact Sako directly. It's possible that they may still give a rat's ass about their reputation.

Bypassing the importer Beretta USA might be the only option. Are Canadians having CS problems with Stoeger? There must be some 85s with feeding problems up there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder; is Beretta USA really Beretta, or just some hired goons wearing Beretta T-shirts?

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by battue

And it will take longer than most are willing to wait for them to decide they were not at fault if you send it into them for evaluation, been that way for years.

Those Allen head screws in the rings are a good example. How many years of people complaining before they switched to torx heads

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The issue occurs when a person mounts the scope fairly close to their eye vs. guys who lean in a bit more. It can often be fixed by pushing your scope forward a bit.

Go look at the slow motion sako 85 ejection YouTube video.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I wonder; is Beretta USA really Beretta, or just some hired goons wearing Beretta T-shirts?

One and the same. The USA people take their orders from Italy.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,072
Posts18,463,761
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.