24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thank you for supporting this idiot, garden-variety Afreakin' dictator with your hunting trips, White Man.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201409060059.html?aa_source=acrdn-f0

05September2014

PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe said Friday that whites who are still in the country should go back to England as he vowed that those removed from land redistributed to black Zimbabweans would never be allowed to return.

Mugabe was speaking during the installation of a chief at Murombedzi Growth Point in his rural Zvimba home area.

"The West prefers a weak leader who, they hope, would allow the whites to come back," he said, speaking in Shona.

"They think if they intimidate us we will be cowed and allow the whites to come back; that will never happen.

"Don't they (whites) know where their ancestors came from? The British who are here should all go back to England.

"What is the problem? We now have aeroplanes which can take them back quicker than the ships used by their ancestors."

Mugabe, commended globally for his reconciliation policy after independence in 1980, now regularly rails against whites and western leaders.

He believes damaging sanctions imposed by the European Union and the United States were aimed at punishing him for daring to right a colonial wrong by giving land to black Zimbabweans.

In July this year he also torched a storm after he declared that whites were no longer allowed to own land in Zimbabwe, adding that those who were allowed to remain following the controversial land redistribution programme must now be removed.

"We say no to whites owning our land and they should go," he said then.

"They can own companies and apartments in our towns and cities but not the soil. It is ours and that message should ring loud and clear in Britain and the United States."

Justice Minister Emmerson Mnangagwa later moved to calm investor concerns over the remarks by claiming that Mugabe was misunderstood.

Meanwhile, on Friday Mugabe also warned black Zimbabweans against going into farming partnerships with whites.

The Zanu PF leader has been incensed by reports that some of the beneficiaries of his land reforms, including top ruling party officials, have been leasing the farms back to previous white owners.

"You have to stop bringing these whites back ... it's a dangerous, dangerous arrangement which we do not want," he said.

"If it's contract farming with companies that we know to be genuine we can accept that, but never with individual whites."

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think we should all boycott Zimbabwe. Why help prop up this crackpot regime with safari revenue?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike
I think we should all boycott Zimbabwe. Why help prop up this crackpot regime with safari revenue?

This is a feeling shared by many and for good reason.

The reasons we should safari there are many. It protects the game and parks, thus habitat that would be destroyed along with the game populations.

Many good Zimbabweans make a living from it, and there are many good people there.

The politicians who garner graft and bribes for opening their lands, once white-owned farms, have more allegiance to the dollar than Mugabe. It keeps them a bit west-leaning, while they swear allegiance to the syphilitic ape. His base is built on sand in other words.

Done right, it sheds a good light on whites coming there as friendly and generous people.

Mugabe's days on earth are numbered, and we shouldn't destroy the country and leave shambles to a possible new government more western friendly. If we hurt the people now (not Mugabe...the People) they'll remember it once the lunatic is gone.

Zimbabwe is a wonderful place with wonderful people. Their dictator is a syphilitic and desperate despot who won't be all that missed. There'll probably be civil war once he's gone, and we need to stay engaged in any way possible to support the right side.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by luv2safari

This is a feeling shared by many and for good reason.

The reasons we should safari there are many. It protects the game and parks, thus habitat that would be destroyed along with the game populations.

Many good Zimbabweans make a living from it, and there are many good people there.

The politicians who garner graft and bribes for opening their lands, once white-owned farms, have more allegiance to the dollar than Mugabe. It keeps them a bit west-leaning, while they swear allegiance to the syphilitic ape. His base is built on sand in other words.

Done right, it sheds a good light on whites coming there as friendly and generous people.

Mugabe's days on earth are numbered, and we shouldn't destroy the country and leave shambles to a possible new government more western friendly. If we hurt the people now (not Mugabe...the People) they'll remember it once the lunatic is gone.

Zimbabwe is a wonderful place with wonderful people. Their dictator is a syphilitic and desperate despot who won't be all that missed. There'll probably be civil war once he's gone, and we need to stay engaged in any way possible to support the right side.

THIS. FOr the unenlightened, and there are many, just about every cent of safari dollars is spent and distributed at the local leve, with very little going to the Mugabe Regime. I for one will continue o=to support.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
luv2safari,

That is certainly food for thought.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I think the people full-well remember how America treated Rhodesia when they BEGGED us to help them hold off the native communist insurgency. Current American sanctions notwithstanding, we are eternally damned for our role in that sordid episode of American cowardice and pandering to international political correctness.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mugabe is playing the politics of self preservation.

In 1980, it was advantageous for him to make peace with the Whites, and have his new Zimbabwe be the beneficiary of World love and foreign aid and foreign investment.

Mugabe doesn't dare step down now for fear that he and his family would face retribution from the people he has done wrong and brutalized all these years. Let make it clear I'm talking about the Ndebele and the various Bantu tribes, not the Whites.

Mugabe did the land grab to pay off his old buddies from the revolutionary movement and to weaken White influence further. Now Mugabe thinks that his opposition is unable to effectively organize and contest his ZANU Party for power. His attacks on Whites and White land ownership coincide with the growing black opposition. I am convinced he sees the Whites as the "brains" behind the movement and has calculated that he can hoodwink the other black Zimbabweans with bullschitt, rhetoric, and thuggery is the Whites are completely out of the picture. Mugabe is eliminating his enemies by cutting off the head.

He is no longer worried about cultivating favorable World opinion because he has the Chinese there buy raw resources. The Chinese are likely advising him to rid the country of Whites, especially the landowners for twofold reasons:

First, running off the Whites makes it easier to strip the resources from the land without extraordinary buyouts or court challenges. Second, alienating the Whites brings Western Sanctions thus pushing Mugabe further into bed with the Chinese.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

I think the people full-well remember how America treated Rhodesia when they BEGGED us to help them hold off the native communist insurgency. Current American sanctions notwithstanding, we are eternally damned for our role in that sordid episode of American cowardice and pandering to international political correctness.

That blame squarely falls on James Earl Carter and Andrew Young. I hope they are proud of their comrade Robert.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Both posts are correct, hatari and gonhuntin.

Carter stepped on his/our dikk in Rhodesia. It's a hard choice which administration was more incompetent, this one or Carter's.

We'll long pay a price for the blunders of both.

Last edited by luv2safari; 09/10/14.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Before my first safari in Zimbabwe, I calculated where all the money flowed, including the outfitter in Montana, the safari company's bank in South Africa, the local tribal council (who gets the trophy fees), the game department, etc., and concluded that the Zimbabwe central government only got between 2% and 4% of what I paid.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have hunted there four times since 2001 and have made good lifelong friends that are hunting on land that has been in their family for 100+ years. I just want to throw up.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I will never think of Bob without this image coming to mind...

[Linked Image]

This where I come from - http://youtu.be/KJr9jvsXFN4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Last edited by luv2safari; 09/15/14.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
At over 27 minutes, it had better be good! smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

To hell with Mugabe... And to hell with all of the apologists for Zimbabwe, and the Mugabe government, that have been making excuses FOR YEARS on here about Mugabe and the situation in Zimbabwe.

I visited Victoria Falls way back in 1998. I very much enjoyed it. However, I will NEVER return to Zimbabwe until the current government and political party is no longer in power.

[Linked Image]

-Bob F.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ian Smith was a great man, and he was also one of the few that in the course of human events was owed so much by so many. It was a disgrace that England and America turned there backs on him all for Political Correctness!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
252 members (300_savage, 1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 41 invisible), 2,184 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,639
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.