Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by seal_billy
You know, I used to hate levers when I was young but now I find them rather sexy. I love peep sights but no one makes a great one for a 597 rem or a 10/22 believe it or not. I often seen those old Lyman sights on lever guns and I would love to own one. Very nice pics and and nicely set up guns. The lever over the bobcat was a awesome pic. I have only seen 2 bobcats in my life.

Doesn't Williams make a peep for the 10/22? Pretty sure they do.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey, I'm a Democratic, why don't you come over and lets see how far you get...

Last edited by Outbackandy; 07/29/14.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Here be another little mag cat.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MOGC
You know, I used to hate levers when I was young but now I find them rather sexy. I love peep sights but no one makes a great one for a 597 rem or a 10/22 believe it or not. I often seen those old Lyman sights on lever guns and I would love to own one. Very nice pics and and nicely set up guns. The lever over the bobcat was a awesome pic. I have only seen 2 bobcats in my life.

Skinner makes the best receiver sight for the 10-22

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Outbackandy

Don't worry about it. He's an ass hat.
My sister's a democrat too and I sure don't want her killed.
I do wish she'd quit voting though. grin

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are a "Democratic"? Spelling and grammar were not your strong suits, were they amigo.

And I never said Democrat. I said Demonrat. The whole sentence was put forth tongue in cheek. I have a few misguided souls in my own family who vote that way.

RE killing someone. I would never kill someone over their beliefs, political or otherwise. I might, however.... make that very much WOULD kill... to PROTECT your rights to believe, say and vote how you wished. Even if it were different than how I would vote or how I believe.

As a founding father I believe said "I may disagree mightily with what you say, but I will fight to the death your right to say it" Fits my motto to a "T"

And FWIW, I am mostly a Libertarian with a few policy or platform exceptions. I have been called a Neocon. Not the most popular viewpoint or political party here, either.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Everybody knows you shoot democraps in the eye with a 22 short, less mess and its quiet. If you shoot them in the head with a larger more powerful round you will get fecal matter on your floor.

Last edited by seal_billy; 07/31/14.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Man we are more infected with loosers every day it seems.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Loosers or Losers?

Anyways, we were on our way for dinner at our fave Mexican restaurant tonite and passed through a suburban neighborhood and my wife spotted four half-grown red fox kits milling around in a yard.

She said "look at those beautiful things" and I said "wish I had the .22 Mag in this sumbitch and it was late November..."

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I killed a lot of coyotes in Az while riding on horses on the outskirts of subdivisions.

It is amazing how some bullets just do not penetrate which is the key to killing a coyote. Also, poly tip bullets will blow up on a shoulder blade, hip joint, rib...you get the picture.

Lots of those poly tip bullets work really great on rodents, rabbits, etc but are not the best medicine for coyotes.

Answer for me was the 40g Winchester HP, cci 40g HP if your rifle likes them, and try the new 50g Federal if your rifle will shoot them.

In every marlin 25, Ruger 77, Mauser 210 that I owned, the 40g Winchester shot fantastic.

A guy has to remember that he must clean his 22 Mag every 250 rounds or so, more so with the cci 40g HP if he is wanting 1" groups at 100 yards.

I had some really bad experiences with poly tip bullets and the Winchester supreme on coyotes.

I sighted my Ruger 77 in for 75 yards and aimed a tad over their head at 150 yards, center height of their head at 125. My longest shot was 150 while facing me. Shot several at 125, lots at 100, 75 yards they are just dead when shot through the shoulders or just behind the shoulder.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Yes, the WGRS. XS makes on as well.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yes.

[Linked Image]

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
719 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,946 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,757
Posts18,401,358
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.