Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Bras Are Now Racist Because They Come in �Nude�

A college-paper editorial board declares bras and Band-Aids an example of white privilege.

ByKatherine Timpf

The editorial board of a college newspaper has declared that bras are racist because they come in colors named �nude,� since non-white people�s skin isn�t that color when they�re nude.

�How would it make you feel that the fashion industry and society at large has based its ideal of nude on Caucasian people? That the color of your skin doesn�t count as �nude�?� asks the staff editorial, published by the Oklahoma Daily, the official newspaper of the University of Oklahoma.

The board used the same reasoning to conclude that that �nude� makeup, �flesh-colored� clothing, and Band-Aids were also racist.

The piece referred to the bra color name as one of the �subtle examples of racism� � often referred to as a �microaggression� � that apparently runs rampant in our society today.

The board apparently intended to use the piece as a way to encourage Americans to fight against this injustice.

�We encourage all of our readers to think critically about the small instances of racial bias they encounter each and every day,� the editorial said.

� Katherine Timpf is a reporter at National Review Online.

I hope no one here has a child attending OU. If so, I'd ask for a refund on tuition---or at least that portion that goes to support the student newspaper.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's what you get when you lower admission standards to include idiots.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So let me see if I have this correct, these people are bitching because there is no colour called "golly-wog".

First these mobs whinge about things being named after their race or colour, then they whinge because things are not named after their race or colour.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course this capricious hyperbole is nothing new, simply discovered by a new generation of hypercritics.

On Crayola crayon colors:

Colors have been renamed through the years. In 1958, Prussian Blue was renamed Midnight Blue due to the name's associations with the Holocaust. The color known as Flesh was renamed Peach in 1962, partially in response to the U.S. Civil Rights Movement. Indian Red was renamed Chestnut in 1999 due to concern that some children thought the crayon color represented the skin color of Native Americans. According to the company, however, the name originally referred to a reddish-brown pigment from India that is used in artists' oil paint.

Wiki

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They got no problem with FUBU. For us by us, a clothing and shoe company for BLACK people. I don't really give a damn what [bleep] think about anything. BET? what if there was WET tv? They would bitch about that even though they have a TV station for themselves.

[bleep] are gonna whine, bitch and moan that's what they do, f'em who cares let'em cry. Us crackers don't cry all the time, cause we don't play the victim.

Last edited by seal_billy; 09/11/14.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
F-ing ridiculous. All the sexy bras are black and all my band-aids are SpongeBob SquarePants.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Will Obama Care cover "nude" bandaids?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't that Bill's question on Hillarycare?

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they don't like bandaids, they can just go ahead and bleed.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder what they think of tampons?

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by poboy
F-ing ridiculous. All the sexy bras are black and all my band-aids are SpongeBob SquarePants.

That made me chukle, correct in both cases! Although pink bras look amazing if the wife has a tan.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RobJordan

�We encourage all of our readers to think critically about the small instances of racial bias they encounter each and every day,� the editorial said.

I am encouraged to do so. And I hope to see the number of these instances increase. It is about time we rubbed their noses in it, as they have been doing to us for decades.

Quid pro quo.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Phugg-em, there are "negro" bras hanging in every clothing shop I've ever been in.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think a light skinned black girl with green or blue eyes and strait hair looks good in a white bra,,, and no panties. Grin. Would you rub your nose in that ingwe?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OU is a racist school. They have hundreds of blackboards.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think white boards are in vogue now........which reminds me - I can't remember the last time I saw a person who was white.....white is the color of white boards, writing paper, and white bras. "Nude" is closer to the color of people called 'white'. Other people are black, brown, or tan. Those colors are all covered in bra choices; why not nude? (Rise up and be heard all you 'nude' men. wink )

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Racism is the maximum of hate for the minimum of reason.
I'm not going to go apeshit over someone's ridiculous
interpretation over the color of underwear and bandaids.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
What if we had a National Association for the Advancement of White People?

What if our colleges had White Student Unions?

What if we had White Pride organizations (or Heterosexual Pride for that matter?)

What if we had The United Caucasion College Fund?

Why is it racism is seen as a one-way street?

Mathew 22: 37-39

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I believe that if they don't like the color of bras they shouldn't wear them. grin

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART

So let me see if I have this correct, these people are bitching because there is no colour called "golly-wog".

First these mobs whinge about things being named after their race or colour, then they whinge because things are not named after their race or colour.

Seems clear, there will NEVER be an end to it.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
713 members (10gaugemag, 204guy, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 77 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,495
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.