Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
In a televised address on how to address the Islamic State this evening, President Barack Obama declared the organization variously known as ISIS or ISIL to be �not Islamic.�

In making this preposterous claim, Obama joins his two immediate predecessors in pronouncing on what is not Islamic. Bill Clinton called the Taliban treatment of women and children �a terrible perversion of Islam.� George W. Bush deemed that 9/11 and other acts of violence against innocents �violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith.�

None of the three has any basis for such assertions. To state the obvious: As non-Muslims and politicians, rather than Muslims and scholars, they are in no position to declare what is Islamic and what is not. As Bernard Lewis, a leading American authority of Islam, notes: �It is surely presumptuous for those who are not Muslims to say what is orthodox and what is heretical in Islam.�

Indeed, Obama compounds his predecessors� errors and goes further: Clinton and Bush merely described certain actions (treatment of women and children, acts of violence against innocents) as un-Islamic, but Obama has dared to declare an entire organization (and quasi-state) to be �not Islamic.�

The only good thing about this idiocy? At least it�s better than the formulation by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (known as CAIR) which has the nerve to call the Islamic State �anti-Islamic.�

In the end, though, neither U.S. presidents nor Islamist apologists fool people. Anyone with eyes and ears realizes that the Islamic State, like the Taliban and al-Qaeda before it, is 100 percent Islamic. And most Westerners, as indicated by detailed polling in Europe, do have eyes and ears. Over time, they are increasingly relying on common sense to conclude that the group is indeed profoundly Islamic.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
When half stepping Christians repent and get serious they build hospitals and feed the homeless.

When islamo's repent and get serious they burn down hospitals and kill the homeless.

There seems to be a pattern easily discerned from the pages of history.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Watch4bear,

Hope you don't mind I copied your picture.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That muzzy sumbitch can't change his Islamic stripes, no way, no how!!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
they are most certainly islamic . The bigger question being , why do they insist on telling us isis, and others just like them, are not?
its like trying to place distance between the Crusades and Christianity ?

whats needed here is an agenda clarification.

.... like tears in the rain
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Well said, Spook

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
they are most certainly islamic . The bigger question being , why do they insist on telling us isis, and others just like them, are not?
its like trying to place distance between the Crusades and Christianity ?

whats needed here is an agenda clarification.

X3
The major problem in this country is that the press has stopped asking and has started agreeing.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
OSU Sig, Your pin looks real familiar. Beta Sigma '73 In Hoc
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bear in mind that the military is constantly being degraded. Weapon systems are being closed down. The army is below WWI levels and the Navy is at just under 250 ships when under Reagan they were over 600. Can't use what you don't have. There is nothing wrong with coalitions but when they are untrustworthy, what really do you have? A weak and feckless alliance.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
640 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,566 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.