Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
You guys like 'em? I'm talking about the latest and greatest Winchester auto.

Looking at a 20 gauge.

Thanks,
Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Don't know anything about them but there are some fans over on the shotgun world site to think highly of them. Try over there

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The SX3 and the Maxus use the same operating system. You'll love it.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have an sx3 in both twelve and twenty gauge. I LOVE them. I still shoot my benelli's frequently but have a huge respect for my sx3 especially considering the fact they cost 40% less than a benelli equivalent. I especially like the sx3 20 gauge above all my other 20 ga's. It has little to no recoil. I prefer it 100% over my benelli cordoba even, which cost twice as much. The 20 has been the best shotgun I have bough in years. I can't speak to the reliability over the long haul as my 12 is 3 years old and 20 is only one. Few cases through each with not one jam, failure to cycle or hiccup. Pm me if you have any specific questions and I will do my best to answer. - Tom

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son had a 12 gauge that was fubar. It was so screwed up that it simply had to be a 1/100,000 type gun. The dealer gave him a full refund and he bought a new Benelli. Most people seem to really like the SX3 and have good luck with them.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I was looking at the SX3 about 6 months ago and was set on buying one. But after fondling the Benelli M2 I bought it instead. For me the Benelli pointed better and just felt right. Both get excellent reviews and don't think you can go wrong with the SX3.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was thinking about a SX3, but ended up buying a Franchi Affinity in 20 ga last weekend. It really handles nice and seems to throw a nice pattern.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Tom,

That is exceptionally good info. I really love Benelli and am hesitant to try the SX3. My local shop insists the SX3 is the real deal. It is gonna be for my son's birthday.

Fugger better work or I am gonna be pissed. Grin...

Travis

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had such good luck with mine that at least five friends have gone out and purchased them after using mine. They literally sold themselves. A few bought the gold trigger Maxxis but they are the same gun in different wrapping paper. I am benelli to core but the sx3 has made me question my loyalty. I could not be happier with mine as I a sure I have conveyed. My 20ga did shoot low to point of aim for me with the choke (mod) that came in the barrel but it was just a bad choke. The full and IC both patterned to my point of aim no issues. I bought it for my girlfriend to shoot but decided after shooting it that it was better off just mine. I am going to try and find an good mid range choke or send it back to Winchester for a new one.
I have a friend in the Sacramento valley in California that owns probably the biggest duck hunting store in the area if not state and he swears the sx3 has the least problems of any shotgun he sells and he sells all brands. I took his work for it and that's how I ended up with mine. If you can find one with the dura touch coating I highly recommend that too. I was lucky to find them on both 12 and 20. I love the coating. It's like a softer grippy coating over the gun. Great for bad weather duck hunting.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I only have experience with one in 12 gauge and I give it an A+. I would rate it up there with a Beretta 390 for duck hunting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Tom,

That is exceptionally good info. I really love Benelli and am hesitant to try the SX3. My local shop insists the SX3 is the real deal. It is gonna be for my son's birthday.

Fugger better work or I am gonna be pissed. Grin...

Travis

When we were in Argentina this guy joined us.

It doesn't get any better than the Super X3. If this video doesn't convince you, you need to GFY. smile

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shootAI
I had such good luck with mine that at least five friends have gone out and purchased them after using mine. They literally sold themselves. A few bought the gold trigger Maxxis but they are the same gun in different wrapping paper. I am benelli to core but the sx3 has made me question my loyalty. I could not be happier with mine as I a sure I have conveyed. My 20ga did shoot low to point of aim for me with the choke (mod) that came in the barrel but it was just a bad choke. The full and IC both patterned to my point of aim no issues. I bought it for my girlfriend to shoot but decided after shooting it that it was better off just mine. I am going to try and find an good mid range choke or send it back to Winchester for a new one.
I have a friend in the Sacramento valley in California that owns probably the biggest duck hunting store in the area if not state and he swears the sx3 has the least problems of any shotgun he sells and he sells all brands. I took his work for it and that's how I ended up with mine. If you can find one with the dura touch coating I highly recommend that too. I was lucky to find them on both 12 and 20. I love the coating. It's like a softer grippy coating over the gun. Great for bad weather duck hunting.

Thanks again for this info. I'm not really a shogun kinda guy, and that is why I love Benellis. They just work. But my local shop isn't a Benelli dealer and I like to buy through them as much as possible.

I told them to hang onto it for me after reading this. It is the RealTree one. 20 gauge and 26". I wanted to get my son something more prettier but he is pretty rough on schit even though he doesn't mean to be.

They want $800.00 for it which I think is pretty fair, but I could be wrong since I've never even looked at one.

Fingers crossed.

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Muglia,

I only watch youtube videos that have me in them. But I do appreciate the advice on the SX3. Interesting that they can run with Benellis down south. I had never heard that.

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I only have experience with one in 12 gauge and I give it an A+. I would rate it up there with a Beretta 390 for duck hunting.

Thanks WH

Travis

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
$800 is a good price for camo. I paid right in there for mine. I think $850 was the cost of mine and a happily paid this because I found mossy oak duck blind camo with dura touch exactly what I was looking for

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Sounds good. I'll pick up Mongay.

Travis

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Thanks WH

Travis

You are quite welcome. Let us know how you and your son like it.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Will do.

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have a Super X2 and can not think of a single bad thing to say about it.

I've shot everything from 100 dollar 870s to 5 figure Krieghoff's - Super X2 doesn't take a back seat to any in the reliability dept. Never had any issues with it from trap, sporting clays, ducks on the bay to snows in Missouri. Run an extended mag tube loaded with 6 (or 9 - can't remember), 3.5 inch roman candles and it will run em as fast as you can pull the trigger.

I'd have ZERO hesitation about getting a Super X from Winchester. 2 or 3.

Benelli is a good shotgun but it is not heads and shoulders better than the Super X line.

Me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (6mmbrfan, 7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,561 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.