Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
You guys like 'em? I'm talking about the latest and greatest Winchester auto.

Looking at a 20 gauge.

Thanks,
Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Don't know anything about them but there are some fans over on the shotgun world site to think highly of them. Try over there

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The SX3 and the Maxus use the same operating system. You'll love it.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have an sx3 in both twelve and twenty gauge. I LOVE them. I still shoot my benelli's frequently but have a huge respect for my sx3 especially considering the fact they cost 40% less than a benelli equivalent. I especially like the sx3 20 gauge above all my other 20 ga's. It has little to no recoil. I prefer it 100% over my benelli cordoba even, which cost twice as much. The 20 has been the best shotgun I have bough in years. I can't speak to the reliability over the long haul as my 12 is 3 years old and 20 is only one. Few cases through each with not one jam, failure to cycle or hiccup. Pm me if you have any specific questions and I will do my best to answer. - Tom

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son had a 12 gauge that was fubar. It was so screwed up that it simply had to be a 1/100,000 type gun. The dealer gave him a full refund and he bought a new Benelli. Most people seem to really like the SX3 and have good luck with them.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I was looking at the SX3 about 6 months ago and was set on buying one. But after fondling the Benelli M2 I bought it instead. For me the Benelli pointed better and just felt right. Both get excellent reviews and don't think you can go wrong with the SX3.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was thinking about a SX3, but ended up buying a Franchi Affinity in 20 ga last weekend. It really handles nice and seems to throw a nice pattern.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Tom,

That is exceptionally good info. I really love Benelli and am hesitant to try the SX3. My local shop insists the SX3 is the real deal. It is gonna be for my son's birthday.

Fugger better work or I am gonna be pissed. Grin...

Travis

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had such good luck with mine that at least five friends have gone out and purchased them after using mine. They literally sold themselves. A few bought the gold trigger Maxxis but they are the same gun in different wrapping paper. I am benelli to core but the sx3 has made me question my loyalty. I could not be happier with mine as I a sure I have conveyed. My 20ga did shoot low to point of aim for me with the choke (mod) that came in the barrel but it was just a bad choke. The full and IC both patterned to my point of aim no issues. I bought it for my girlfriend to shoot but decided after shooting it that it was better off just mine. I am going to try and find an good mid range choke or send it back to Winchester for a new one.
I have a friend in the Sacramento valley in California that owns probably the biggest duck hunting store in the area if not state and he swears the sx3 has the least problems of any shotgun he sells and he sells all brands. I took his work for it and that's how I ended up with mine. If you can find one with the dura touch coating I highly recommend that too. I was lucky to find them on both 12 and 20. I love the coating. It's like a softer grippy coating over the gun. Great for bad weather duck hunting.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I only have experience with one in 12 gauge and I give it an A+. I would rate it up there with a Beretta 390 for duck hunting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Tom,

That is exceptionally good info. I really love Benelli and am hesitant to try the SX3. My local shop insists the SX3 is the real deal. It is gonna be for my son's birthday.

Fugger better work or I am gonna be pissed. Grin...

Travis

When we were in Argentina this guy joined us.

It doesn't get any better than the Super X3. If this video doesn't convince you, you need to GFY. smile

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shootAI
I had such good luck with mine that at least five friends have gone out and purchased them after using mine. They literally sold themselves. A few bought the gold trigger Maxxis but they are the same gun in different wrapping paper. I am benelli to core but the sx3 has made me question my loyalty. I could not be happier with mine as I a sure I have conveyed. My 20ga did shoot low to point of aim for me with the choke (mod) that came in the barrel but it was just a bad choke. The full and IC both patterned to my point of aim no issues. I bought it for my girlfriend to shoot but decided after shooting it that it was better off just mine. I am going to try and find an good mid range choke or send it back to Winchester for a new one.
I have a friend in the Sacramento valley in California that owns probably the biggest duck hunting store in the area if not state and he swears the sx3 has the least problems of any shotgun he sells and he sells all brands. I took his work for it and that's how I ended up with mine. If you can find one with the dura touch coating I highly recommend that too. I was lucky to find them on both 12 and 20. I love the coating. It's like a softer grippy coating over the gun. Great for bad weather duck hunting.

Thanks again for this info. I'm not really a shogun kinda guy, and that is why I love Benellis. They just work. But my local shop isn't a Benelli dealer and I like to buy through them as much as possible.

I told them to hang onto it for me after reading this. It is the RealTree one. 20 gauge and 26". I wanted to get my son something more prettier but he is pretty rough on schit even though he doesn't mean to be.

They want $800.00 for it which I think is pretty fair, but I could be wrong since I've never even looked at one.

Fingers crossed.

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Muglia,

I only watch youtube videos that have me in them. But I do appreciate the advice on the SX3. Interesting that they can run with Benellis down south. I had never heard that.

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I only have experience with one in 12 gauge and I give it an A+. I would rate it up there with a Beretta 390 for duck hunting.

Thanks WH

Travis

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
$800 is a good price for camo. I paid right in there for mine. I think $850 was the cost of mine and a happily paid this because I found mossy oak duck blind camo with dura touch exactly what I was looking for

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Sounds good. I'll pick up Mongay.

Travis

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Thanks WH

Travis

You are quite welcome. Let us know how you and your son like it.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Will do.

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have a Super X2 and can not think of a single bad thing to say about it.

I've shot everything from 100 dollar 870s to 5 figure Krieghoff's - Super X2 doesn't take a back seat to any in the reliability dept. Never had any issues with it from trap, sporting clays, ducks on the bay to snows in Missouri. Run an extended mag tube loaded with 6 (or 9 - can't remember), 3.5 inch roman candles and it will run em as fast as you can pull the trigger.

I'd have ZERO hesitation about getting a Super X from Winchester. 2 or 3.

Benelli is a good shotgun but it is not heads and shoulders better than the Super X line.

Me

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks teal. You make a good Charlie Sheen.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another round of kudos for the Super X line.

I shot my X2 without cleaning it for 8 years..........just to see how long it would take to malfunction. The guilt trip finally overcame my sense of curiosity and I cleaned the poor thing. Hasn't malfunctioned, not once, not ever, yet. I have run hundreds of WHATEVER through it from 7/8 oz. el-cheapo's to 3 1/2" turkey smashers. It's next hiccup will be its first.

My X3 has a lower round count. But its been just as freakin' flawless as its older brother. Wouldn't trade either of them for an Italian Mossberg.

Buy with confidence, I'd say.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks Yoder. Good to know.

Travis

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The Browning Gold is an SX2, only nicer. It works well.

But nothing points and shoots like a Benelli for me.

The SX series has always been heavier than a Benelli, at least in 12 gauge. The Benelli ComfortTech stock really does work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

The SX series has always been heavier than a Benelli, at least in 12 gauge. The Benelli ComfortTech stock really does work.

Ummmmmmmm............. huh uh.

Comparing apples to apples........... the SBE II Waterfowl (ComfortTech) to the SX3 Waterfowl.......... both with 28" tubes........ The SX3 is 2 oz. lighter. Not any big deal in the real world, but factual.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You're right--I was thinking the SX2/BGold series with the steel magazine tubes. They are heavier.

I do find the Benelli to point better for me.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
It's bought and paid for. Hidden away.

Hopefully we can shoot it this coming Sunday.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're right--I was thinking the SX2/BGold series with the steel magazine tubes. They are heavier.

I do find the Benelli to point better for me.

Yep. They are.

It's pretty noticeable (the difference at the back end of the gun) between lighting a 3 1/2" turkey smasher in the SX3 versus the SX2.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's bought and paid for. Hidden away.

Hopefully we can shoot it this coming Sunday.

Travis

You did well. I have shot several X3s and most of the guys I duck hunt with bought X3s when they first come out. It may take a breakin period to cycle lighter loads. Sometimes when they are new they don't cycle as well because machining marks haven't worn any yet. Also before you shoot it tare it down and clean everything cause sometimes they have packing grease in moving parts and they won't cycle worth a $hit. Also run a brush then a mop down the recoil tube that is in the stock. If he shoots it a lot change the recoil spring out every couple of years and you won't have any problem.

You did a good thing getting a gas gun cause recoil will feel somewhat less cause its a light gun to begine with. The X3 is way more reliable than the browning gold series. Allthe guns with the speed feed feature gets slugish in cold weather regardless of how cold it gets, I know I have 2 of them and my buddy Taver has one and all 3 do it. The X3 doesn't do that. Really solid gun. I will buy one if my M1, SBE or 391 ever wear out.

Another good thing about them, winchester finds something that works and leaves it the hell alone for a while. Beretta changes their lineup every few years although it isn't broken cause they know people will buy the latest and greatest but sometimes the latest isn't the greatest, sometimes a idiot just mind [bleep] a gun till they render it a POS or over engineered, such is the way of the semi auto market. I mean look at what benelli did to there line with the vinci! Looks like a flippin nerf gun. Its extra gay.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks SB. You guys got me stoked about this Winchester.

Travis

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
LOL, I can hear it right now " But dad I wanted a Benelli like yours, haven't you allways said Benelli's the best,f** the rest" Huh dad Huh?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
LOL, I can hear it right now " But dad I wanted a Benelli like yours, haven't you allways said Benelli's the best,f** the rest" Huh dad Huh?

Yes son. But only dad gets the best...

So far he ain't complaining. We'll go shoot some clays today. Can't upload pictures because photobucket is FUBAR right now.

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Half a case went downrange without a hitch. He's lovin' it.

[Linked Image]

Travis

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Glad to see he is liking it ! Good to see a lot of other sx3 fans sharing the same thoughts on the sx3. SB - I totally agree on the benelli Vinci being a total abortion. Super Gay

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I went back and forth between my M2 and the SX3 today. The SX3's recoil was felt less than the Benelli. Whatever that's worth.

I'm really liking it. Tore it down and Firecleaned it before going out. We'll see how long it keeps shootin'.

Travis

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Its a good gun. He will get many years of use out of it.

That picture was so weird for me, no trees at all! Its no wonder you guys are so damn good with rifles. We would be lucky to be able to shoot 75 yards around here.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
That is one lucky kid to have an SX3! Glad he likes it!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tore it down and Firecleaned it before going out. We'll see how long it keeps shootin'.

Unless you clean it again, it'll probably start messing up in about 8 or 10 years.

grin

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
That's what I'm hoping!

Travis

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Does your M2 have the Comfortech stock?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Does your M2 have the Comfortech stock?

Yes.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Travis,

Is the SX3 ergonimical for southpaws? IE neutral cast, reversable safety?

Leo

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I know you can change the cast and the safety is reversible.

My brother will be here next month and I'm going to let him shoot this next to his Montefeltro. He is wrong handed. We'll see what he thinks.

Travis

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I see i'm late. But I had an M2 20, and sold it for an sx3 20. It just felt alot better in my hands. But Generally if I have a 20 in hand it's a Beretta O/U

However, i'll be damned if I give up either my Extrema2 or my SBEII

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
655 members (257Bob, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,927 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.