-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Long shot, but wondering if anyone has a contact at Go-Lite for warranty work?

I had the zipper pulls come right off the track on my Shangri-La 5. This tent had minimal use (set up in the yard) and one trip. Failure happened while a wind storm was brewing near Mt Hood with my wife and kids. The tent was our shelter for the evening and leaving the area was not an option. I tried to re-install the zipper-pulls but had to cut some stitches to get them started.

I sent the tent via USPS with tracking and it was delivered in July. I sent 2 online requests for updates, and no response.

Then called and talked to Brian in C/S. He basically acknowledged that they received the tent but said nothing could be done. I said I wasn't happy that no acknowledgement had been sent regarding receipt of the tent or my online requests. He implied that I should haven sent the tent in for warranty after the zipper pulls came out. Easier said than done when you're in the woods and looking for shelter from the storm.

We ended the conversation with him saying, "I'm sorry but I am failing you miserably. I agree, talk to my manager Kale". Have since left 3 voicemails with Kale and still no response. We're now going on 2 months.

Not one bit impressed with GO LITE customer service.

Jason

Last edited by 4th_point; 09/12/14.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Should have sent my money to SEEK OUTSIDE from the start. The GO LITE isn't turning out to be much of a deal.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
That is very poor service! Sounds like some organizational problems in the company. Hope it works out for you.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
As far as I can tell, their warranty and customer service is worthless.

They could have simply replaced the zipper assembly, or issued a refund/credit and it would have been a non-issue. If I knew that the company avoids their customers after the sale, I would never have purchased from them.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Ouch... have never used their CS, as I've never had a problem with my Go-Lites, but that sucks. Keep us in the loop as to how it works out.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If you can get the tent back, send it to us, and we fill fix it free of charge, just pay shipping. It's a simple fix and yes you have to remove some stitching to re-install the zipper pull. We are testing a product, that allows field fixing of any zipper pull as well, and we can forward you that info if you like.

We are always happy to help.
Kevin

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Kevin,

Thank you for your generous offer! I may take you up on it.

I debated whether to cut my losses and pay for a repair or set the tent on fire & throw it off a cliff but I decided to file a complaint with the BBB. We'll see where it goes from here, maybe nowhere but I don't want anyone else to deal with the BS from GoLite. I think I've been more than reasonable with them.

I can guarantee that I will be placing an order with you for a new tent in the near future. You just won a new customer with your generosity and reputation for quality products.

Jason

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The quality of most of their clothing has also gone to Sh*t as well

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I haven't bought much from them but remember them bringing lightweight gear to the masses awhile back. Wouldn't be surprised if the founders sold the company off to someone else.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Kevin_T
If you can get the tent back, send it to us, and we fill fix it free of charge, just pay shipping. It's a simple fix and yes you have to remove some stitching to re-install the zipper pull. We are testing a product, that allows field fixing of any zipper pull as well, and we can forward you that info if you like.

Kevin

Kevin, I've never come across customer service like that. Well done, man.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ha! That's not even 'customer service'... That's 'someone else's customer service'! Pretty awesome!

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Kevin_T

Kevin

OK.. That made my day! This folks is how you build a business!

C
C
That offer from Kevin has changed my mind from a Golite to a Seek. I will spend my money on a company that willing to make that offer.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Update - Got a call from Kale, C/S manager at GoLite. The tent fly is at their local repair shop. He said simple repairs can be done in a few days but it normally takes 4-6 weeks.

When I get the SL5 fly back, it'll be for sale and be replaced with a Seek.

Jason

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.