Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
So I was in 10 yesterday and saw nothing and have heard nothing. The tanks I was at had very little activity. I was all around paradise ridge and expected a lot more. I hear and read how 10 is the holy grail but so far I'm not seeing it. Granted I covered a small part of the unit but man I thought I'd see some thing. Any body hunt 10? What part did you see big bulls? I really don't want to pay 60 a head to hunt the ranch but I may have to. 2 weeks to go!

If you don't have anything nice to say, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

When it's time to bury your guns it's time to dig em up.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Buy the trespass permit. That is pretty cheap in the big picture of trespass fees. I have not been there for many years, but a friend hunted it last year and they found some in spite of soggy weather.

Keep after them and get on the Boquillas Ranch.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is "60 a head"? $60 per hunter?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yes 60 for hunter and 60 each for any helpers. So for me my dad my mom and my older brother is 240.00 my 9 year old is free. It is supposed to rain this rest of this week and weekend. I am going to look farther up north toward espeeon? This weekend.

If you don't have anything nice to say, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Do yourself a favor and pay the "BO"..Also check out he Babbit ranch down on the flats, there are elk there..

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the ideas guys. I will report back.

K
K
I was lucky enough to draw the same tag and have been up there a few times. Last weekend (before the archery hunt) was the last time and I saw and heard nothing. As of right now, I am not sure where I am going to hunt. Hopefully they will start making some noise if they haven't already.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
West end. Check near the edge of the res. This storm should get them going. If nothing there pay the access fee

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thinking about espee or catarac canyon areas.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have hunting and guided a lot on the Boquillas and other parts of 10. I have not since the fee structure went in place. Most of my hunting has been north of the paved road to Hualapai hilltop. That is almost all BR. It is checkerboard so if you hunt the state trust and have access off the pavement they can't charge you.

I have seen giant bulls along the Hualapai fence line and in Cataract canyon. I have not hunted much on the Babbitt other than Cataract. There used to be some really good bulls in the neighborhoods off 66. Some of the tanks like Buster Brown are sometimes really good. Got to get out at night and see where they are. PM me if you want some specifics.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Just got back as a helper on the Big Bo (archery Bull). I can't tell you where we were but I will say this, last Saturday night we came across 15 heads 8 of which were bulls with the largest going 360 - 380. So yes there is Elk there. And second read dennisinaz post above ^

Oh and I'll throw in a third, ranchers are told to stay indoors or limit their outdoor activities during rifle season, but if it were up to them the only animals that should be on ranch are Cattle and horses. HINT HINT

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks guys.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Good luck this weekend.

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
So I am pretty sure I broke my arm yesterday an all I can do is wait to hear from the Dr to confirm that so I can get a cast and get out of town. Man the medical system is slow as hell. This will make the hunt fun for sure with a cast on. At least its not my trigger hand. I have heard there are bulls up by red lands but that's where I'm headed or not first off. I did buy the ranch permit so I'll try that first. Good luck to all with tags.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Looks like Will is having bad luck; first a broken arm and if the storm we are having is any indication of unit 10, crappy roads and tough hunting conditions. I was coming home from Costco this afternoon and had to pull off and wait as the rain and wind was so bad I could not see 10' past the front of my car! Got an inch in 20 minutes!

NRA Benefactor Member

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Will connected on a bull already! Congrats- now get back and post a photo or two!

NRA Benefactor Member

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Good one?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Many thanks to Dennis without whom this bull would not have happened. My dad and mom came over from New Mexico to help and my 9 year old daughter came along. The guys in camp next to us were from King man and had 4 tags with a few guys as helpers. They got a bull about a 347 opening morning and another about a 320 in the mid afternoon. I killed my 332 the next morning. Those guys were super friendly and very helpful. I wish I had gotten a contact number from them. A few names if anyone in kingman knows them are Lance, Travis and Todd. Todd's son was there along with a couple more guys who's names I forget now. One of them killed another bull that was an 8x5 but I didn't hear the score because we were headed home as they skinned it. These were all first bulls for these guys. Mine was my second. It was the absolute best, unimaginable hunt of my life. More details to come after i figure out how to add a picture.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Here is Will's bull

[Linked Image]

NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (338reddog, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 450yukon, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 18 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,185
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.