Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by crittergetter
Just because you do not like them does not mean I should not have them or be allowed to shoot my rifles in.I try to be considerate to others but there is a limit to that if they are rude and start shooting there mouth off.

"Just because you don't like them?"

He's not the only one who doesn't like 'em. They're obnoxious.

Ever heard of the golden rule?

You want to talk about someone shooting their mouth off, while you're doing something akin to it?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
GOLDEN RULE IS ONLY IN MINDS LIKE YOURS.THEY ARE NOT OBNOXIOUS,YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM WELL BIG FRIGGIN WHOOP,THE SUN WILL STILL RISE IN THE MORNING AND SET IN THE EVENING AND LIFE WILL STILL GO ON.JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM,WHO FRIGGIN CARES.I WILL NOT LOSE 1 SECOND OF SLEEP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Inconsiderate people are not known for losing sleep over the problems they cause others.
Betting you hunt alone too.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Tracks
Inconsiderate people are not known for losing sleep over the problems they cause others.

This.

Although sometimes it's hard to tell the diff between clueless vs inconsiderate........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Inconsiderate people also tend to tell others what to do.... what's "obnoxious"... and sell other peoples rights (and eventually their own) down the river because they think they're correct.

Brakes have their place.... if it's next to you at a range.... then move. Pretty easy to avoid them.... by not going to the 'range'. The only guys I know that regularly shoot at a covered range..... typically shoot their mouths much better than their rifles....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just because someone sends you to a particular table and a lack of sensitivity on your part does not mean you are not being inconsiderate of others.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 09/19/14.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Harley's are loud.... I hate when one pulls up next to me at a red light.... then puts the 168 decibel hammer down when he takes off. We should ban all loud motorcycles at stoplights..... and make sure we ostracize all of the 'loud pipes save lives' crowd.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
WTF said anything about banning anything?

Read the subject line, I (and others) answered the OP's question.

If the OP had asked whether people thought Harleys were obnoxious, how would you have answered that?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I WILL NOT LOSE 1 SECOND OF SLEEP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK.

Good, because it sounds like you need more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only brake I've owned came on a 16" AR10. Trust me, a .308 is one annoying beast with a brake, and I expect a .270 to be worse since you're burning another 15 grains of powder.

Before I had the brake removed, the 10 would usually empty benches next to me. I also had a spotting scope on the bench, on top of a small tripod, and I was informed it was jumping slightly in the air with each shot smile

I'd rather deal with recoil, than a brake.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
If I'm not in a war firing a 50 BMG or 20MM I'll drop down in rifle power if I cant handle what I'm shooting without deafening myself and others, guides etc etc.

Shooting a hunting rifle with a brake is like watching a wanna be badass looking at underwear at wal mart while drinking from a straw. crazy

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Inconsiderate people also tend to tell others what to do.... what's "obnoxious"... and sell other peoples rights (and eventually their own) down the river because they think they're correct.

Brakes have their place.... if it's next to you at a range.... then move. Pretty easy to avoid them.... by not going to the 'range'. The only guys I know that regularly shoot at a covered range..... typically shoot their mouths much better than their rifles....

Hell yeah!

But like I said 5 pages ago they have a place and are a great tool for those who wish to control muzzle lift......and actually see shot placement at impact

hmmm

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Hell yeah!

But like I said 5 pages ago they have a place and are a great tool for those who wish to control muzzle lift......and actually see shot placement at impact.....but not all brakes are the same

hmmm

Add to this the moderator another great tool that lends to accuracy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GOLDEN RULE IS ONLY IN MINDS LIKE YOURS.THEY ARE NOT OBNOXIOUS,YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM WELL BIG FRIGGIN WHOOP,THE SUN WILL STILL RISE IN THE MORNING AND SET IN THE EVENING AND LIFE WILL STILL GO ON.JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM,WHO FRIGGIN CARES.I WILL NOT LOSE 1 SECOND OF SLEEP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK.

You sound like a standup guy...................

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't shoot on covered ranges, or commercial ranges, so courtesies are not an issue.

If I did go to a covered range, I'd set up a 300 WinMag with a 16" barrel, and a JP Tank Brake.......just to be a dickhead......grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, that'd get you there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll admit that I had a lot of fun with my braked rifle back when I was working to become a [bleep]. Unlike others, that talent didn't come easy.
However now that I have the talent fully developed I no longer need such artificial aids.
I wonder why so many of you who have your talent much more developed continue to use them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny....never a shortage of those who fail to see the forest because of the trees

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Like I said before if you do not wear adequate ear protection,it is not my problem.All of mine have 11-17 degree holes drilled at a forward angle to make the noise go forward and I do not shoot under cover at my range.I'm not being inconsiderate of others.I still go where the range master tells me to.If you do not like it so be it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Myself......I don't use the "range"

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1337Fungi, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,467
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.