Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue

I also think more of my dogs than have them be transported around in the bed of pickup, waiting to be rear ended or subjected to a flip over.

And there you go proving my point about the majority of Subaru drivers looking down their noses at others.
If you think your dogs are any safer in the back of your station wagon than mine are in the box in the back of my truck you're delusional, and if you're implying that you "think more of your dogs" than I do mine you're just an ass-hole who 'coincidently' drives a Subaru.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

"I didn't mean shooting off a four wheeler. I meant that driving around shooting them on the ground with .22's was legal. All these old logging roads are not publicly maintained so it is legal to shoot from the road surface, especially the gated ones. Also, we don't shoot from on the 4-wheeler or inside the pickup. I don't want to teach my kids bad/illegal habits. "

Yea,,, I wasn't implying that YOU were doing anything wrong but we both know ALLOT of Grouse are shot from vehicles.
Not my business though so I could give a chit as long as one stays within the limits and leave some for the other guy which you obviously do.

" Thinking about it, I guess I am my wife's "Bird Dog" "

Well,,, at least she doesn't make you ride in the truck bed.
It ain't safe back there don'tcha know. whistle

Last edited by FieldGrade; 09/14/14.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I also think more of my dogs than have them be transported around in the bed of pickup, waiting to be rear ended or subjected to a flip over.

And there you go proving my point about the majority of Subaru drivers looking down their noses at others.
If you think your dogs are any safer in the back of your station wagon than mine are in the box in the back of my truck you're delusional, and if you're implying that you "think more of your dogs" than I do mine you're just an ass-hole who 'coincidently' drives a Subaru.

They are safer inside than out.

However, I was just poke'n for the most part. wink

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Baloney!

All Subaru owners are humorless liberals. whistle whistle

grin wink

They are the official car of the eco-libs now, however. Except for that, I'd like to own one.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

No you weren't,,,, you were but hurt about the Subaru comment and you're true elitist colors came out.

Tell ya what,,, how's about you quit chitting in my thread and start your own about you're last hunting/camping trip.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Generalizations are often just that. Now I could say that Toyota owners like to poke fun but are not all that enthusiastic about getting it thrown back at them. Buuuut, since I also have a Tundra that wouldn't go over all that well.

Now re my elitist colors; I never would have considered an Outback until I spent three days Grouse hunting out of one a best Bud had just purchased. Had nothing to do with the cars image and everything to do with its practicality. Gas milage averaging around 28mpg around town and highway. Had a set of dedicated winter treads put on and it is amazing in snow and will go places that the Tundra starts wheel hopping. Rides pretty smooth on the highway and has a stellar crash rating.
If practical equates to elitist than I'm guilty.

As far as the Dogs. I realize you have three and they are big, so putting them inside could be a problem. I'm presently looking for another English Springer or English Cocker, but it will be the rare occasion the two would be in the back of a pickup. Safety is one issue and another would be having to be running slow and them sucking in the exhaust fumes. In addition to me aways knowing how they are when inside the vehicle.

You had a great hunt in what looks like some great country, and I've only handled one Merkel and it was sweet. Hope you have many more.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I really could give a chit what you or anyone else drives. I clearly stated that earlier and you know it.
What I do care about though, is your snide implication that you somehow care more about your dogs than a commoner in a pick-up truck and no amount of back peddling on your part changes that..
Screw you ya long winded phony prick.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I wish them the best of luck. They may need it. And I obviously do.

[Linked Image]

Buds Dog in my truck. Where would you rather be riding? Oh forgive me your ass is sitting on the relatively comfy and safe seat with the heat on after a day out watching your Dogs bust theirs.

Screw being a commoner if that is the deal. You are right, compared to you I am an elitist and proud of it comparatively speaking.

Of course you look like "THE REAL DEAL" driving around with an exposed kennel. Horseshit.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by battue; 09/14/14.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yea,,,, you clearly care more about your dogs than I do mine.

Now,,,, go chit in someone else's thread ass-hole.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stick your thread up your ass.

Last edited by battue; 09/14/14.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I know and like Battue and I have to tell you he is no elitist. But he is pretty dam good with a shotgun.

I have never had the opportunity to meet fieldgrade but hope to someday. I know he is a genuine nice guy. I know he loves dogs too.

I bet if you two met you would hit it off you old bastards!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

I bet if you two met you would hit it off you old bastards!

Not much chance of me and Butt-u meeting and ZERO chance of us hunting together bud.
I "think to much of my dogs" than to wad em up in a box half the size needed and pile em up in the back seat under the rest of my gear.
They prefer to travel in a box that's big enough that they can stand up and stick their heads out the window of when they feel like it. And if you don't believe it, try standing between them and that box when I drop the tail gate. wink

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
We all have our opinions and ways of doing things. I know and am friends with a bunch of guys that have dog boxes in the bed of their trucks and even trailers. I also know guys that crate their dogs in the truck or car. He'll I am guilty mine rides on the seat next to me.

We have an Outback and F-150, no liberals in our house!

I think both of you are great guys. I would even bet a lot alike. Things written on-line don't always read as they were meant to. I hate to see two good guys argue over pedi crap. But either way I think highly of both of you.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 09/15/14.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Again,,,, "I COULD GIVE A CHIT WHAT A GUY DRIVES" or how they haul their dogs. Hell, the vacume hasn't been invented that can remove all the dog hair in the cab of my truck, but when I travel with several I like the box,,, and so do they.

This ain't about Subaru's,,, it's about a pompous ass with snarky remarks that thinks he's better/smarter than everyone else.

Good thing the prick doesn't live out west. The sight of a cow dog on a flat bed running 70 and he'd likely gather up a bunch of like minded snobs and demand that a law be passed.

If you want to talk books, hunting, fishing, or anything else shoot me a PM, but I'm not wasting any more time on the self absorbed blow hard.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
MCH: Let it go.

FG:

You have proven you can give a poke or jab but can't take it back. You can say it is not about not making a generalization about people from the vehicle they drive, but you had the chance when other poster commented and you didn't. Makes no difference now. I jabbed deep and you folded.

The crew I hang with are mostly younger guys fortunately. Have some good old friends but they know how to hang. That crew is a mix of just about all personalities, but when the jabb'n starts they all can give and take. You would't last all that long.

[bleep] you can't even look at a pic and get it right. Either that or you have to make [bleep] up. Funny aint it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Who don't the rest of you forget about the crash.

On the whole it looks like it was a good hunt in some nice country.

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice story Field... I haven't gone though the whole tread yet, but will soon.. Just got home ourselves.. 5 ruffs was our take... As usual, I had a pump.. This morn. sage grouse opened.. Got two the first spot I tried... Dogs love it... Have a good one, the best time of the year is here...

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[b][/b]
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
the best time of the year is here...

Yea buddy. ^^^^^

And good job on the Ruffs. Of all the Grouse I like hunting and eating them the best.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Fieldgrade! What a great hunt! Thanks for sharing cool photos!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Great pics! Looked like a great time.
I can't wait to chase some birds.

As to the other....when ya start telling a fella how to care for his dogs, prepare to get some chit, at the very least.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,608 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.