-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah. When they came out I just rolled my eyes. I thought they'd last six months and be gone. But you just can't beat 'em and I am big fan of S&W.

If you haven't already, try the Fobus paddle holster they make for these things. One of the greatest in the field setups you could carry. You don't even know it is there and you can clip it to your belt, or your pack's hip belt.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, carrying a revolver pretty much eliminates the problem JPro had below, with his Kel-Tec. (I'm betting on a gummed up FP/striker with an already light FP spring)

No pocket mini-semiautos for me.

MM

Originally Posted by JPro
Decided to pop a few through the Kel-Tec P3AT last night, as I haven't shot it in a while. It did not go bang with W-W SXTs or R-P FMJs, which is all I had on hand.

[Linked Image]

I don't carry this handgun that much, as my usual carry is a DAO S&W 637, but in summer weather I do slip it in the pocket of my shorts sometimes in a Desantis pocket holster. Up until now, it has never given me a problem. Glad I found out this way, but it was rather disheartening to hear that pitiful little "click".

Perhaps a Ruger version is in my future.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S&W Bodyguard for Sunday Go to Meeting pocket carry.

[Linked Image]

With the S&W Bodyguard, Ruger LCP, Taurus 738 TCP a trigger job is a must. Of the three the Bodyguard is the only one that comes with a laser sight built in as standard equipmnet.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The antelope buck that was finished off with my Kel-Tec 380 in Oct 2013 got a click.

I opened the action and there as a cubic inch of pocket lint. I blew out a lot of it, and then it was used to kill the buck.

Now everyone asks me if I am packing lint.

The moral is, don't carry a gun for a year without checking it.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I am basically a smith whore. But it extends to other firearms of all kinds.
I looked at the lcr's when they first came out and kind of sniffed. But i have to say DeFlave is right about that trigger. It is a long takeup by intent, but it is smooth. Semiauto's are not for everybody, particularly if hand strength is an issue, concealibility and so on. Now I happen to pack around mostly a glock33 for which i have a 9mm, .357sig, and .40 after market kkm barrel. And it can use those extended mags. Would never work for the girl child or my wife simply cause of hand strength.
And i am pretty convinced that 38special+p's in the realm of some of the current bullets available, are much different than the ol lead round nose 38. And i don't really see the atvantage of a .357 in that size gun per se. I pulled out my ol model 19 two inch, and as much as i like those smiths, for a carry revolver that lcr is heads up a better choice.
There are few problem areas to contend with too. A session at the dinner table with the girl child covered the few things that could make a revolver act up, lint not being one of them.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Smith whore?
The smallest I have found is a 642-2 38sp that is 15 ounces before the ammo.
Too heavy to carry.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When the wife got her CCW she went with Taurus Ultra lite which in my opinion is better than Ruger LCR in 38 Special. To me it is closer to an S&W "J" Frame than the Ruger LCR will ever be.

[Linked Image]

Along with the Taurus Ultra Light I also purchased the Taurus 22 as a training weapon to go along with the 38.

[Linked Image]

At the time we also bought an Ruger LCR 22 both the wife and I didn't like the trigger pull or the grips (to Short} so we stayed away from the LCR chambered for 38 Spl.

[Linked Image]

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Raeford, I am not convinced that you need to give up power and efficacy just to get a concealable weapon.
Using the DeSantis pocket holster, my XDS .45 auto disappears in the front pocket of my shorts or jeans.
I am not going with a mouse gun, when I can carry a real one. laugh
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

Smith whore?
Too heavy to carry.

15 oz empty is too heavy to carry?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Smith whore?
Too heavy to carry.

15 oz empty is too heavy to carry?

shocking.

Guess I need to get Dr. Who and the Tardis over here so I can changed the last 3 years or so.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A man has got to know his limitations.
How much weight in a concealed carry can you carry without it being an aggravation?

10 or 11 ounces loaded it the threshold for me.

Maybe Frankenstein can carry a brick in his pocket, but not me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A man has got to know his limitations.
How much weight in a concealed carry can you carry without it being an aggravation?

Maybe Frankenstein can carry a brick in his pocket, but not me.

It depends entirely upon how it's carried. I can and do carry a full-size 1911 (steel frame) or a BHP, but those are carried in a very good holster and IWB. For pocket carry, I routinely carry a .44 Special snub-nosed revolver and have carried a J-frame as well. A decent pocket holster makes a world of difference, but so too does the attire. In dress slacks, those don't work. In jeans or heavier weight khakis (Mountain Khakis are great) or Carhartts, or even decent cargo shorts, the revolvers are no problem at all.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
For pocket carry, I ...

... routinely clean the lint out of all my pockets.

It's amazing how few people do that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't say that I do that.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

You're welcome. wink

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
one should collect the lint, remember, if you get stranded it's good fire starter.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's why I keep it in my pocket. wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Easy to say when your 10 Oz. 380 develops 500 foot pounds of energy. smile

Last edited by night_owl; 09/16/14.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You losers buy an LCR yet?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's why I keep it in my pocket. wink

Go ahead and tell us about you keeping a hand full of Vaseline in the other pocket so you can make that lint burn better. wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 28 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,479
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.