Print Thread
Hop To
#9182996 09/16/14
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Had to send in my first Leica product. A 8x42 Ultravid that is a preowned from Doug.
Had a problem in the rh barrel.
Had it back in about 5 weeks, nocharge, good as new.
Been so much talk about the lack of customer service from Leica that I thought I would relate my experience.

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Good to hear, thank you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Better than their CS on LRFs. I have an oversized monocular serving as a paperweight that Leica refused to fix.

They make great glass, but their warranties and CS suck azz.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4ager
Better than their CS on LRFs. I have an oversized monocular serving as a paperweight that Leica refused to fix.

They make great glass, but their warranties and CS suck azz.

Tell us more, they should be able to fix any of the rangefinders. Refusal, or what would be the charge?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They refused to fix a 1200 LRF Scan. They said they no longer make them, no longer service them, and could not or would not fix it. The ranging mechanism went bad. They did offer to up sell me a CRF, though, for about $100 less than street price, with their standard and ridiculously short warranty.

I passed and bought a Vortex Ranger. They have a lifetime, unconditional warranty.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They refused to fix a 1200 LRF Scan. They said they no longer make them, no longer service them, and could not or would not fix it. The ranging mechanism went bad. They did offer to up sell me a CRF, though, for about $100 less than street price, with their standard and ridiculously short warranty.

I passed and bought a Vortex Ranger. They have a lifetime, unconditional warranty.

good luck on the vortex RF even vortex says their RF's suck. I would call leica CS adequate nothing more nothing less. I have used them twice to repair some geovids. first ones I dropped and tweaked the focus wheel, it was a 100$ repair. the second was poor rangefinding on another set of geovids. they wanted a reciept and wanted to make darn sure I was still in warranty to fix the RF, which I was barely. both issues took about 3 weeks to fix each time. not bad, exceptional would be fixing my tweaked focus knob and not being sticklers on making me hunt down a reciept. both of which might be enough to keep me from switching to swarovski.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The refusal to fix would be a big issue with me. They could
fix those, if they wanted to, they are not very old.

This looks like another reason not to buy anything Leica.

Leica needs to learn a bit about customer service and a
warranty that means anything.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
4ager and I apparently had exactly the same experience with Leica CS. They refused to warranty or repair at my expense a LRF 1200 rangefinder that quit giving consistent readings after it fell off a kitchen table.

I also bought a Vortex Ranger 1000 and have been well pleased with it for the last three years or so.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 35 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.