-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PM sent Scott, the new medicaid rules make that plan a bad idea. there are better ways to go about it. Let me and VAnimrod help you out with a plan that will work. FWIW I am past president of the Walla Walla Estate planning council, was dealing with this stuff for 37 years before I retired including many, many estate planning seminiars and workshops hosted by me.

Last edited by safariman; 09/16/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I am the "owner" of the family farm . but I'd sell my sole to the devil before either mom or dad had to move or die any where else unless it was their choice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck, Scott! Looking forward to following your new adventures. If you guys drift down this way, plan to stay with us for a few days.

Ben

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by safariman
PM sent Scott, the new medicaid rules make that plan a bad idea. there are better ways to go about it. Let me and VAnimrod help you out with a plan that will work. FWIW I am past president of the Walla Walla Estate planning council, was dealing with this stuff for 37 years before I retired including many, many estate planning seminiars and workshops hosted by me.

No idea about Scott's wife but if Scott is 65 years old (or older) now, I would think that he would be covered by Medicare - not Medicaid.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Traveling mercy to ya.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Happy trails my friend, Whatcha gonna be doin' in Oregon?

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XcYsO890YJY[/video]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We will still have our cabin at the farm, we just will not legally own it. There will be more farm pictures along the way along with travel pictures.

Last weekend was the Jefferson County Farm Tour and Fiber Tour.

Just a couple of samples.

Hardest work I have done all year.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There were 227 visitors last weekend and lots more pictures with a lot prettier faces and vies than those above posted on my Photobucket HERE

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Will miss the pictures of your beautiful stead.

I am sure where ever your travels take you, those lucky enough to be around you and your wife will benefit from your knowledge. Can't imagine your wife seeing a patch of dirt without thinking how to put it to best use.

Proust!

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by joken2

No idea about Scott's wife but if Scott is 65 years old (or older) now, I would think that he would be covered by Medicare - not Medicaid.

Medicare and VA.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
[Linked Image]

Nailed it!!! grin

Any idea what an old VW camper in that good of shape is worth today? Last one I saw that was fixed up and running was around $20,000.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by ltppowell
[Linked Image]

Nailed it!!! grin

Any idea what an old VW camper in that good of shape is worth today? Last one I saw that was fixed up and running was around $20,000.

I think I saw something similar, it didn't have the turret on top, parked someplace along a 2 lane road North and just a bit East of Minot ND. If you would like pictures let me know.... I will be going through there in the next week or so.

I did read an article......click and clack or some thing along those lines.........they just recommended buying an old Chevy van and taking off 2 of the spark plug wires, as I recall it was the feeling of driving a VW van, but you had a bit of a safety factor. smile

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ldholton
I am the "owner" of the family farm . but I'd sell my sole to the devil before either mom or dad had to move or die any where else unless it was their choice.

It is our choice and we will have our cabin here as long as we live. Not getting kicked out, more like getting out of the way so the next generation can do her job. We want to get out and hope to be able to travel a bit. That is why we are leaving. In a couple of weeks we start a six week house sitting gig in a Mc Mansion. Then it will be back to the farm for a couple of weeks, them maybe San Diego. It is time to have some fun!

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bubbajay

I think I saw something similar, it didn't have the turret on top, parked someplace along a 2 lane road North and just a bit East of Minot ND. If you would like pictures let me know.... I will be going through there in the next week or so.

I did read an article......click and clack or some thing along those lines.........they just recommended buying an old Chevy van and taking off 2 of the spark plug wires, as I recall it was the feeling of driving a VW van, but you had a bit of a safety factor. smile

I would like one of the new Freightliner Sprinter campers but an about $119,999 shy of the $120,000 price. We will see what we can find.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton

It is our choice and we will have our cabin here as long as we live. Not getting kicked out, more like getting out of the way so the next generation can do her job. We want to get out and hope to be able to travel a bit. That is why we are leaving. In a couple of weeks we start a six week house sitting gig in a Mc Mansion. Then it will be back to the farm for a couple of weeks, them maybe San Diego. It is time to have some fun!

was fun hanging out and talking oddball fruit with someone for once instead of just the other voices in my head.....i want to show back up in 5 years and see how those kiwi of hers do....way to much rain for me but it is a real cool setup you guys put together....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I would like one of the new Freightliner Sprinter campers but an about $119,999 shy of the $120,000 price. We will see what we can find.

a twin mattress jusssst barely fits in the back of a full size Ford Bronco.........pm me for any additional details, best camping I ever did.... smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey Scott, Oregon has some real nice places and a ton of variety from seashore to high desert to alpine country. You could spend a lifetime here and not see it all.

LOL
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

a twin mattress jusssst barely fits in the back of a full size Ford Bronco.........pm me for any additional details, best camping I ever did.... smile

More along the lines of w ghost at we are thinking. Not sure what we will end up with but it will probably be Spring befor we decide.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
In all of this not one bit about poor ol chocolate, would you like the name/address of my lgs for shipping? I will fix the sight!
I also don't know what a Mcmansion is.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks but we are fine. This is just retirement and letting go of the things that tie us down.

Adventure is just around the corner.

great attitude - I hope I can have one like it when the time comes

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

597 members (10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1_deuce, 62 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,724
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.