Print Thread
Hop To
B
BluMtn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Washington State will vote this fall to close the "loophole" allowing FTF and gunshow purchases of guns without a backround check. While watching a TV commercial tonight one of the west side mayors was standing there talking about criminals who can't legally buy guns over the counter can just go on the internet and order themselves a gun and have it sent to them. While this speech is going on they are showing an address bar on a computer and the typing in the address bar is Gunbroker.com. Now I buy from Gunbroker on a regular basis and have never been able to have a gun sent to me directly and can't even get one sent without an FFL sent to them. Seems somebody is trying to pull the wool over the sheep again to get this law passed. It is bad enough that Washington State has finally figured out to start charging sales tax on all guns that go through an FFL regardless where it came from.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The truth is irrelevant when a liberal's agenda is on the line.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
People in positions of power that go on and on with a premeditated lie with the intent to pass a political agenda that has ramifications to millions of people should be prosecuted as criminals. Running your mouth redneck-style is different than this type of agenda-driven lie. This type of thing has no place in legitimate society.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know something is up when it takes 18 pages to expand background checks for gun purchases. Per usual, honesty is not their policy, they are laying it on thick. Sad part is, it will probably pass.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It is not about stopping crime it is about makin innocent gun owners felons. Take away the right to vote and own guns from gun owners and it leaves just the liberals left to vote.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even the NRA supported back ground checks after Columbine.

The turn coat basitds!

I hear they haven't been working very hard against 594 either.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Under 594 if my wife picks up my rifle to shoot a coyote then puts it back ther have been two illegal transfers and we both are felons.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
Under 594 if my wife picks up my rifle to shoot a coyote then puts it back ther have been two illegal transfers and we both are felons.

And felons can't own guns. How convenient.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You are catching on. Exen LEOs are not exempt.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
None of us can still be surprised that the gun CONTROLLERS will do or say anything to advance their agenda.

I have no reason to suppose that he, who would take away my Liberty, would not when he had me in his Power, take away everything else. ~ John Locke

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had to be a west side mayor. ...same as the west side of Oregon. Too bad they couldn't get together and be a state so the east side of Oregon and Washington could live happily ever after. The "gun controllers" are idiots.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Had to be a west side mayor. ...same as the west side of Oregon. Too bad they couldn't get together and be a state so the east side of Oregon and Washington could live happily ever after. The "gun controllers" are idiots.

I`m all for that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If it passes I will have to thing hard about my WA residency.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Actually, he is the retired chief of police from Bellingham. Still a political hack and hired hypocrite.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by deltakid
Actually, he is the retired chief of police from Bellingham. Still a political hack and hired hypocrite.

Of course he is a chief of police, they are reliably anti-Second and loyal to the executive with great optics for the uninformed.

[Linked Image]

Using the power of the law to ensure that the law abiding are at the mercy of the lawless is an act of barbarism beyond the realms of logic. The dreamers and fools who force us to endure the carnage should be on trial along with the criminals they are creating.The world is not made more civil by forcing the civilized to be the victims of the predators. How dare you, any of you, refuse good law abiding citizens the right to defend themselves in a country where there were 25,000 murders, 105,000 reported rapes, and 975,000 armed robberies LAST YEAR?
~ Lon VanOstran

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Scott F
If it passes I will have to think hard about my WA residency.

I agree Scott.

My move back to Idaho may have to come quicker than I had planned.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It would be easier to get a WA non resident permit that it was to get an OR. It would be simple to just swap permits.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This kind of crap is why I am moving out. Too bad as Washington is a wonderful place to live. As was California once upon a time..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
664 members (1minute, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 75 invisible), 3,164 guests, and 1,465 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.