Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ordered an assortment of new traps for the upcoming season. I realize I'm close , as in the same state, but I ordered my supplies on Monday morning and I had them delivered to my doorstep Tuesday morning! grin

I was out scouting locations yesterday, and received a call from Casey with F&T and he realized he had misspelled my name by one letter on my Trappers tags, so he was letting me know he was sending me another 100 to make up for it.

Am trying some of their FB-1 Dog Proof traps this year.....will post a report after the season.

Now, just have to finish trap prep and wait for the opener.... grin

Last edited by frogman43; 09/17/14.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
F&T has a great reputation. I get their catalog.
The Tx Trapper Assc. meet is mid-Oct. I buy anything
I need there. Good Luck!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Unfortunately, I missed the Michigan trappers convention in August.....been working so much lately.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Last edited by frogman43; 09/17/14.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I won't do business with them anymore. I have put in a lot of high dollar orders from them over the years. At least 2/3's of the time they make at least one mistake on an order. Once I think it was 4 mistakes. These mistakes are never in my favor....downgrade of traps, wrong size bottle of bait, out of sale items that went through with order, wrong amount of chain, etc, etc, etc

The last time they wouldn't make it right and the owner Shawn called me at my house to argue about it when I called him on it in an email. Whined about how hard it is to find good help etc, etc.

I have been ordering from MTP for years and they are a bit more expensive on some things....but they have never made a single mistake in any order I have put with them. There are several great supply houses, no need to screw around. Good customer service is consistently getting it right the first time IMO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by readonly
I won't do business with them anymore. I have put in a lot of high dollar orders from them over the years. At least 2/3's of the time they make at least one mistake on an order. Once I think it was 4 mistakes. These mistakes are never in my favor....downgrade of traps, wrong size bottle of bait, out of sale items that went through with order, wrong amount of chain, etc, etc, etc

The last time they wouldn't make it right and the owner Shawn called me at my house to argue about it when I called him on it in an email. Whined about how hard it is to find good help etc, etc.

I have been ordering from MTP for years and they are a bit more expensive on some things....but they have never made a single mistake in any order I have put with them. There are several great supply houses, no need to screw around. Good customer service is consistently getting it right the first time IMO.

Must be luck of the draw.
I've had exactly the opposite experience.
First order I ever made from MTP I had to send back twice before the got it right. The second order didn't go any better so the manager finally had the owner call me. He apologized and even sent me an old stock Schrade knife. A nice gesture but after two bad experiences I'm reluctant to order from them again. I do like their MB 550's though and still buy em but I order them from F&T who's been 100% painless over the years.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well, this weekend since it's going to rain all the time, I'll dye and wax the traps and finish making new Wolf Fang stakes for the season. Season starts in 14 days here.......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Missed you at Antelope camp pard!

I still have all my stuff ready to go from last year, I dyed, waxes and got everything ready to go and we had a heck of a rain and then the ground froze for the winter. I opted to sit this one out rather than fight chopping in each set.

as to the OP I haven't used F&T lately, I started using MTP a few years ago and have been more than satisfied with them. never an issue and always prompt shipping. I like the hand written thank you on the receipt too.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My biggest order this year went to sterling fur. They don't do web orders, just over the phone. Very old school in that regard. But they were the only place that had Sterling MJ 500's & 600's (no relation to the dealer), and savage body grips. I got 11x11 and 11x12 mags. The mags are phenomenally sweet but cost $38 a piece. Kudos for Sterling for carrying traps nobody else seems to.

Anyway, I seriously hope to never buy a trap again. I have more than I need. I will sell off some of the excess this fall. I will continue to buy bait, lures and videos. And when I finally settle down (leave the service) I will buy a few more dozen stretchers. Another thing I like about MTP is the 10% off videos in the summer time.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
I really hated not being able to make it as well Ryan! I saw the picture of Bryan's buck that was sent to me. Hope you all had a great time!

Just found out an old acquaintance of mine is running a small trapping supply out of his home garage. Nice having supplies just 3 miles down the road! grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I just found and placed two orders with F & T for snares and extensions in the last couple of weeks. So far very satisfied. Both orders shipped within an hour of submitting them.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MTP is the same way, both are awesome to order gear from.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,767 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.