Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
I handled on in a gun store today. If you've shot one what your experience and opinion?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have one. I bought one of the early ones. Trigger feels gritty and it has a heavy pull. Even with that it is real accurate for a small pistol. 3 of my friends bought one because of mine. Theirs all have better triggers.
When the NRA convention was in Houston I talked with the sig people and they said to send it in, but I never have. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine had a bunch of key surfaces that were left too rough (like say, the breech face) And it would start jamming after only 20-30 shots. I polished all the stuff that needed it, and strengthened the recoil spring. It now runs fine. But I also need to do the trigger. It's a good pistol, but may need work to get it to run well. Other members here have them, and say they run fine. YMMV smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a very early 3 digit serial number P938 that the factory replaced after 2 trips to Sig. The replacement has been 100% for about 700 rounds, using 124 grain Blazer and Gold Dots and 115 grain handloads. I recommend a recent production gun and to be sure to keep it lubed well.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Mine has been flawless.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have handled and shot a recent production one and it worked just fine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
...But I also need to do the trigger.
You can make them break crisp, but not real light. About 4lbs is about as good as you can get. But you'll never really get rid of the gritty take-up to get to the crisp trigger; that's inherent in the design. The trigger bar design is borrowed from the Astra A70 (actually the whole pistol is a slightly downsized Astra A70), which was borrowed from the Star Model B, which was borrowed from the Colt 1903. That trigger bar system is really slick, but a gritty take-up is the side effect.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You are right about the slight amount of grit.

Mine scales at about 5lb.3oz.. I messed around with lubes and the transfer bar. Brownell's Action Magic helped a lot, just didn't last long. Strangely a couple of squirts of CorrosionX seems to last longer.

STA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put a polished SS trigger in my Sig P238 and it helped plus just shooting the thing it smoothed out 50% better....

randy..
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I surprised my wife with a 938 for Anniversary/Valentines Day this year (she'd been "eyeballing" one for a while), and she loves it. The trigger was/is a bit heavy, and a little rough. I spent quite a bit of time dry firing (snap caps) and running the slide. The trigger is much smoother and feels lighter(probably from the smoother feel). Some of the early models had "growing pains", broken extractors,fail to feeds/rejects,and other problems which I can'recall! However, we've had no issues shooting a variety of different brands and weights of "hardball" ammo. I hope that your happy if you get one! Oh - Sig has just offered a .22rd. conversion, we're on the waiting list! memtb,

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Checked one of these out earlier today at the LGS and I think one may be in my future.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bought one for my wife because she was supposed to go through CCW classes. Well I now carry it almost exclusively. I absolutely love it. Accurate and reliable with a good hold. I have used 115's of several varieties and the first few mags had a few jams. After some use it slicked up and has been flawless. I think I've put as many 124's and 147's through it as 115's at this point and have bet my life on it.

Testing has me believing 124's and 147's will be more effective for defense.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wanted something smaller than my M&P 9C and it is. The gunstore dude told me his was best with 124-147 grainers and to keep 'em hot. I promptly went home and shot 115 grain LRN's through it and it went without a hiccup. They were some handloads of mine that I had on hand. More extensive work is needed but thus far the only complaint I have is that I can't get six rounds in the magazine. I like it much better than the Kel-Tec 9 that I owned a few years back.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
STA, mentioned these things have a plastic trigger. I just changed mine to a SS replacement. I also changed the hammer spring. These changes made a big improvement in the trigger pull. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 68 invisible), 2,328 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.