Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Les.

I've been trying to figger out a way to put a scope rail on my 760-358Win in addition to the peep.

How did ya do that? No doubt had the receiver retapped?

WN

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
BP-B6

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Always loved my 760..

[Linked Image]

"Then join in hand, brave Americans all!.....By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike
Anybody ever wonder why a guy with a name like 'Savage 99' is always bashing push feeds? Who has ever seen a CRF Savage 99?

actually though the guy is an idiot and i dont have one anymore to double check, i do believe the 99 functions as a CRF, just cause you dont have the big mauser extractor doesnt mean its not a CRF....last i checked my SMLE functions as a CRF caus the rim slides under the extractor every time at about the same spot in travel it does on a Mauser

Last edited by rattler; 09/22/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane
Anyone that wants to shoot their custom rifles to 400 yards alongside Whelen Nut and his self-shucker in 270 will be in for a reasonably eye-opening (and sometimes humbling) experience. BTDT. blush blush blush laugh laugh

I wouldn't take that bet. I have an 06 in a 7600 that would embarrass some folks as well...and that's with green box 165 gr.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Killed my first buck with a 760 Game Master in 30-06. Still have it.

Little heavy, easy to shoot well even with a chitty trigger. I like 'em.

One in 9.3x62 with a 21-22' bbl and a peep would be bad azz.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Killed my first buck with a 760 Game Master in 30-06. Still have it.

Little heavy, easy to shoot well even with a chitty trigger. I like 'em.

One in 9.3x62 with a 21-22' bbl and a peep would be bad azz.

It surely would! I think someone here did this conversion a while back. Great combination there.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I killed my first deer with a 7600 30-06. I bought it because it worked like my 870 so I liked it a lot. My son shot his first deer with the same rifle three years ago. I sent mine to Walter Birdsong and had it Teflon coated. Of all the rifles I own I grab that 7600 more often than anything else. It shoots about 1 1/2 inch with 165 green box Remington. It is also the only rifle I don't hand load for. I get crap from guys at deer camp all the time about my rifle but I have never lost a deer while shooting it. My son calls it "meat stick". I'll probably give it to him when he gets older. But then again, maybe he can go get his own. Anyone that bad mouths a 7600 has never carried one in the field. Mine was bought in 1985 and has put meat in the freezer every year since.
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodge268
I get crap from guys at deer camp all the time about my rifle

I hear the same stuff when I tote one of mine. grin
My reply is always the same; "shall we compare photo albums?" laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

In Pa the oddball totes a bolt action rifle for rifle deer season. All the one gun arsenal deer hunters have 760, 7600s. Except the old timers, they carried savage 99s grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pat85

In Pa the oddball totes a bolt action rifle for rifle deer season. All the one gun arsenal deer hunters have 760, 7600s. Except the old timers, they carried savage 99s grin

This. I've actually seen people laughed out of camp that showed up with stainless/synthetics

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think I would like that deer camp, and fit right in.

I do hope to travel to the NE someday and hunt Whitetail Deer the old way in old country with my 35 Whelen Pump while wearing all of my LL Bean stuff. Maine hunting shoes, red and black wool, etc. Such an outing or hunt is on my bucket list.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by safariman

I do hope to travel to the NE someday and hunt Whitetail Deer the old way in old country with my 35 Whelen Pump while wearing all of my LL Bean stuff. Maine hunting shoes, red and black wool, etc. Such an outing or hunt is on my bucket list.

Might as well go right to Maine for that trip, but you will need a 760 in 35Rem instead.

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
And throw the Maine hunting shoes in the garbage.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I doubt you'd fit in. Bout the time you started your horsetrading, and imbibed how you are a good Christian, you'd likely be shot on site

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85

Not my experience. In my neck of the woods (Sullivan county) bolt guns took over back in the 90's already. Around home though pumps and levers reign supreme.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was not trying to invite myself to your camp, and it will be a long while before I am up to any such adventure anyway. But I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person and was only suggesting that I would be right at home in a camp full of rifle traditionalists. That part is true for sure. And I thought this thread was about model 760's and 7600's etc. not the other crap.

It would be awesome if threads about guns, in gun forums, could be and remain about - GASP - guns and the topic of the particular thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No, you wouldn't.

After the first drink in camp you'd start with your "not many people have done all that I've done, yada, yada, yada" chatter and your duffel bag would be waiting for you outside the next day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If anyone found out about conning old people, he would most likely have about 30 seconds to get out on his own.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Maybe you should drive there in your awesome Avalanche and pull your trailer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No, you wouldn't.

After the first drink in camp you'd start with your "not many people have done all that I've done, wanna buy an annuity?" chatter and your duffel bag would be waiting for you outside the next day.

fixt. grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
108 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,751 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,701
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.