Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Yep sure did go to Woodstock the summer I graduated from high school The add'l recreational stuff was not something I was doing cause I went to an inter rural school and with the exception of a little home grown the chemicals hadn't really made it this far north except in the tourist areas. enough said on that subject LOL
Woodstock rain rain rain and MUD and urine smell. My buddies and I drove down on Sunday crawled thru the fence and made it to the pond area. Met a few really nice people shared their blanket and we all drank the beer we toted in and listened to the music
It was dirty and the fields were trampled but the spirit of the event was over powering. The general population was totalled and the security was over whelmed but they pretty much had the place sorta under control I do not remember anyone being mean or hateful got to love that, man. LOL
37 years ago I was a rail thin 18 y/o virgin with the world laid out in front of me. Shocked at the actual freedom to dress, say and do what one wished. A threesome (OMG) on a hood of a car.
I had just graduated from a high school that had a dress code...
Girls - dresses or skirts (knee length) Boys - slacks and shirts
yes, it was a public school.
Woodstock was the beginning of my journey...college was next and then job, marriage, children.... I took the "hippie" freedom of thought with me... and passed it on to my children (oh yeah the music too.) Thank God we live in a country where this is protected by a Constitution.
Remember "don't do the brown acid"
ADK

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Very, very cool. Thanks for the insight. The music of that generation still plays on my IPOD today. Thanks for answering my question ADK!!You have only six years on me but a world of difference from a 12 year old living on a Naval base to an 18 year old rolling onto that playground right from High School.

Obviously, you have posted some things that a complete rendering of the details would be appreciated.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I can kill every [bleep] bastard that exploits kids in any shape or form.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dress a bit weird sometimes

No No No 'bueford you dress people weird sometimes when they can't dress themselves. crazy

As a former hippie your a pretty cool person, your music choice isn't all that bad and you sure make for a fun night out at the INN.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No more toilet paper>>>>
Australasia? What does Asia have to do with Australia????
Someone talking to you with a booger hanging.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
horse - I take it by your post that you have actually experienced trailer lights that do work? I gave searching for them years ago in favor of looking for unicorns and the holy grail. grin Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm with Penny as regards bagpipes.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
bagpipes at a distance but not in your face too much is absolutely too much give me a fiddle and a steel anytime over the pipes.

Elf... oh yeah I forgot I dressed you in rose buds when your hands were hurt I think Giles blew some of those pictures up to 8x10s LOL

My rant of the day: thumping speakers in wannabees' cars Stony Creek is a long way from the hip hop nation if you know what I mean

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've been thinking since this thread started,....and I don't much hate anything. I guess I'm just not emotionally energetic enough to work up a good "hate" anymore.

Smugly bemused is about it fer me,....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Global warming fanatics, people with accents who think every one else pronounces things wrong, people who assume because somthing is on the internet, it is correct. People who do not take the time to verify anything but pass it on with the caviet "I saw , read heard".
People who think they have to have four wheel drive, but never get off paved roads.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I got one!

Brown, slimy bananas,...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AdkBueford
Hippies????
Now come on thats sad...
Thats a whole generation of people and some of us grew up to be right decent folks
We joined the NRA
Drink decent beer and tequila
Dress a bit weird sometimes
Raised our children to be respectful to God, country and family
blood and extended
Worked paid taxes and voted
Tried to get the world to sing in perfect harmony
so come on cut the hippies a break (we are not all bleeding heart liberals)
I went to Woodstock it was one hellava party.... Memories ah the memories
ADKbueford and proud of my generation the working class; the veterans and the hippies.

Now that's a good one.
I don't know what I was. I grew up on a ranch in Wyoming and had to have a crew cut until Jr. High. As soon as I could I let my hair grow out. My dad used to have a police siren on his feed truck to call cattle out of the hills for feed time--I cranked Led Zepplin through the same horn when I fed. I wish I'd of made it to Woodstock. But I did make it to the National Finals Rodeo with a pony tail. But yeah, NRA all the way man. I'm 40 something now and back to short hair again, but it's all groovy.

I guess when you live in (or at least near) a small town like I always have, cliques have a hard time forming, or at least being too narrow.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Sunofagun. I agree with everybody except I like brussle sprouts and bagpipes.

Too old to suffer fools
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Your guys's." As in, "Well, if you're not going to have dessert tonight, I'll be right back with your guys's check."

Shudder.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Wall mart.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
POS driving 90+ on the interstate (especially when it is crowded). It is fun to slow them down of a while though.

Urbanites

Rag Heads

Slackers

A drink without ice

mayonnaise

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People filling up their gasoline vehicles at the diesel pump. Get the [bleep] outta the way, there's 8 other pumps, [bleep] city folk

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Spiders and Skinny Women. I'm not sure which is worse...

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ah, the good old days, when we were allowed not only to not like certain things but were allowed to express our dislikes without hearing sermons from the righteous about how we shouldn't do so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
at the moment just myself

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 54 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.