-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I managed to get one last night with my bow. Certainly not the most popular way to hunt fall turkeys but if you're patient AND lucky it will work.

20 yards, 65# McPhersen bow, 2317 aluminum Eastern gamegetter arrows, Muzzey 125 grain 3 blade broadhead. Yeah, I know. ANTIQUE equipment. Well, so am I. Antique that is.

[Linked Image]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Congrads.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
...are you kidding LBK?

Any way you knock down one of those dinosaur hold overs, its a win.

Like the pic too.

Custers men were killed with bows and arrows and prehistoric clubs as the coup de grace.

Antique, is a'ight.

Nice job.

Last edited by WillARights; 09/19/14.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WillARights
...are you kidding LBK?

Any way you knock down one of those dinosaur hold overs, its a win.

Like the pic too.

Custers men were killed with bows and arrows and prehistoric clubs as the coup de grace.

Antique, is a'ight.

Nice job.

You bring an air of refreshment to this place we call "campfire". I appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yeah�cool beans LBK! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Thank you for the kind compliment, LBK.

Hunting them "Jurrasic Pr*cks" is one of the few things that I get really excited about.

Keep up the good work.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WillARights

Thank you for the kind compliment, LBK.

Hunting them "Jurrasic Pr*cks" is one of the few things that I get really excited about.

Keep up the good work.

My father in law was the calmest coolest hunters I ever saw. (RIP) His son (my BIL) is the same way. I honestly don't know why they hunt. If I'm out hunting and whatever it is I'm hunting for, I have to work as hard at 70 as I did when I was 16 to maintain my composure. Almost the same with a BIG fish tugging on my line. My heart pounds and I breath as heavy as a teenager in love.

My son keeps telling me, "Dad, what is the matter with you? You've done this lots of times before". When I lose the excitement I'll quit. I just don't see that happening.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
If I'm out hunting and whatever it is I'm hunting for, I have to work as hard at 70 as I did when I was 16 to maintain my composure. Almost the same with a BIG fish tugging on my line. My heart pounds and I breath as heavy as a teenager in love.

My son keeps telling me, "Dad, what is the matter with you? You've done this lots of times before". When I lose the excitement I'll quit. I just don't see that happening.

That is the way it should be!!! Congrats on the bird, the equipment and being one of the good guys here... cool cool cool

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Jim. Not too awful many here share your thoughts. It means a great deal to me.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Congrats LBK!

I've a few fall birds under my belt with a bow. Most were an opportunity of chance while deer hunting.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Congrats LBK!

I've a few fall birds under my belt with a bow. Most were an opportunity of chance while deer hunting.

Totally opportunistic. I WAS deer hunting, but I was still patient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Congrats, LBK. Sorry I missed you earlier. As you know I lost a couple days there after they chopped up my hip. Getting back into the woods to try and emulate you is one of the things driving me forward through rehab. (My new hip will allow me to run the buggers down instead of shooting them, right? Right?)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Congrats, LBK. Sorry I missed you earlier. As you know I lost a couple days there after they chopped up my hip. Getting back into the woods to try and emulate you is one of the things driving me forward through rehab. (My new hip will allow me to run the buggers down instead of shooting them, right? Right?)

Now, Gary. I have always pictured you as a meticulous man steeped in knowledge, technique, and skill to carry almost anything to finish. Now you have completely baffled me. Why in living HELL would you want to emulate the likes of me. As I say to my wife all the time,,,,,,,,,set your goals a little higher.

I am happy to hear you're doing well. Do everything they tell you to do. There was a man up the road from me. His name was Guy Reynolds. At 86, he was still dragging his own deer. Around 90 he had BOTH hips done. He was 97 when he went hunting in the sky, but he shot, gutted, and dragged his last deer at 96. God, I miss him.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,308
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.