Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I picked up a Shield in 40 today and so far really like it. What are you guys who have them using for holsters

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Raven..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With a gun that size, a Sparks Summer Special or Gaclo's version of the same works very well......both are IWB.

For an OWB, doesn't really matter.

MM

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll check Sparks, galco doesn't make the SS for it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm thinking Comp-Tac infidel

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you're going the Kydex route, check Raven.......they make good stuff.

As far as Galco goes, something close will likely work.........if you stay with leather, Randy Grizzle also makes some very nice stuff that won't break the bank.

Grizzle Leather

MM

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Milt Sparks Nexus is now available for the Shield. Very thin so allows for great concealability. Magnetic fasteners for the belt loops makes removal & attachment quick and easy. Only downside is several weeks for delivery.

Many of the other IWBs add unneeded thickness to the Shield and IMHO defeat the primary advantage of the pistol.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've gotta be the only person on earth who doesn't like Raven holsters, but I can't stand them. I've got one for a Shield but it dug into me IWB and is too big for OWB. IMO they're miserable holsters to have to wear.

I bought a Blade-Tech Eclipse for it and life is good now. I carry OWB under a Tshirt and forget it's there.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Kholster for mine. Great holster for the buck.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Been using a Milt Sparks VMII for a while, nothing else has worked as well for me. The Nexus is attractive. I have one ordered for a lightweight Commander and am anxious to compare the two.

NRA Patron Member
U.S. Navy Veteran 1969-1973
Sons of the American Revolution
Sons of Confederate Veterans
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm using a Nexus for a 3" 1911 and is by far the most comfortable and concealable I use. Also also allows a quick and proper presentation.

Waiting for one for the Shield and for a G-30SF.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My only complaint about the Nexus is the lack of reinforcement around the mouth which can allow the holster to collapse a little if the gun has been out more than a few minutes. I thought about writing Ryan Grizzle to see if he could do a T&C 2 for my G30 with the same cant as the Nexus. For a Shield, I might could do the T&C 2 with the cant as supplied.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
My only complaint about the Nexus is the lack of reinforcement around the mouth which can allow the holster to collapse a little if the gun has been out more than a few minutes.

+1, but IMHO small price to pay for all of the advantages it provides.

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
PJ Kydex IWB.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use a Crossbreed Mini Tuck - love it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A DeSantis OWB holster, Easy to conceal with a shirt tail. I wish I could use a IWB holster but they drive me nuts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really don't like sub-compacts in IWB holsters, they just don't stay in the holster. There's not enough slide to get fully under the belt and lock in place. So when I sit down, the belt pushes the gun up in the holster and the gun just wants to squirt out of my holster.

Now I'm a die hard IWB man, but when it comes to sub-compacts, it's a very high ride OWB for me. And when talking OWB holsters there's only one name that comes up for me; Mitch Rosen.

My choice for an OWB would be the Mitch Rosen Express Line "Upper Limit Express". My second choice would be the "President Express".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
My only complaint about the Nexus is the lack of reinforcement around the mouth which can allow the holster to collapse a little if the gun has been out more than a few minutes. I thought about writing Ryan Grizzle to see if he could do a T&C 2 for my G30 with the same cant as the Nexus. For a Shield, I might could do the T&C 2 with the cant as supplied.

My favorite holster is made by HBC Specialty Leatherworks and it's a bit of a Milt Sparks VM II knock off. It has thinner leather and it doesn't have the steel reinforcement at the entrance of the holster. I thought this would be an issue, but it really hasn't been at all. The holster is made with such quality that enough stays open that re-holstering is never a problem.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 12344mag, 257 mag, 2003and2013, 68 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.