Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
On my last bout of living in Miami, I traveled light. Instead of the usual 6 folders and 3 or 4 fixed blades, I took just one, and a Leatherman.
I did not even take one of the better knives, but a little orange Zancuda frame lock, in AUS8. Dang thing cut everything that needed cutting, stayed razor sharp, and gave no issues.
Maybe I need to rethink this business of having 300 knives around the house.
[Linked Image]

..........nah, laugh

Sam......

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hell, I never even leave the house without at least 2 pocketknifes cool

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/04/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Sam As you know. A man that has to many knives will always buy another.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't let deception get you Sam....you needs choices...:)

Defend the Constitution
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Almost started to worry about ya there for a second Sam

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I ordered a new trapper from GEC, as I was feeling all out of sorts after that trip last week. laugh

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You love those ESEEs dontcha.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
On my last bout of living in Miami, I traveled light. Instead of the usual 6 folders and 3 or 4 fixed blades, I took just one, and a Leatherman.
I did not even take one of the better knives, but a little orange Zancuda frame lock, in AUS8. Dang thing cut everything that needed cutting, stayed razor sharp, and gave no issues.
Maybe I need to rethink this business of having 300 knives around the house.
[Linked Image]

..........nah, laugh

You need a set of those in assorted colors.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
lol. I have two, one with a black handle, and this one. For the money, they are pretty skookum.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Truth be told - this little story has me checking this little knife out.

Will be another month till I get it, but still...

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ready
Truth be told - this little story has me checking this little knife out.

Will be another month till I get it, but still...

just bought one off the 'bay. looks good for $30.

knives are like flashlights, never enough of them

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
word!!!

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
mine came into today. Nice knife for the cabbage.

I like aus-8 in cheap knives, seems easier to maintain than the 440 that other brands use.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Great little knife. EDC. Thanks.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny how when you only carry one knife it works perfectly for whatever tasks you have.

As far as reasonably priced EDC's, my Kershaw oso sweet keeps amazing me for an under $30 knife

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

All this attention to knives and over-advertising by a member, and I find I have a few, but consider them more of a tool than art. I have a few Kauffman knives which are actually hand made and not blanks with customized handles.

He heat treats, then freezes them, using the best steel available. I asked him to modify one of his designs by adding a larger finger groove and extended hilt. Dave made it that way for me and it works great.

I asked one of the advertisers here about the same option with some insane wood, but was met with little enthusiasm and also find him incapable of a modification due to blanks that are purchased then finished with wood and sharpened.

Anyhow, I won't buy or need any knives from the campfire as Dave has made the few that I need, just the way I like them...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This whole thing on the classifieds and about Vince have gotten out of hand if you got nothing good to say shut your trap, Vince and other knife makers on this forum happen to become good friends and are super honest and hard working fellows trying to make a living and are some of the best in the business at what they do, some really need to get a life, your post is not appreciated coming on the knife forum and advertising your knife then slamming the makers that post here is not cool in my books, for what its worth i like that pattern but not that big ole finger guard it stands out like a big old wart on someone's face.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The mob mentality runs amock on the fire from time to time, even with its eye focused on those that don't deserve it. Some seasoned members of the Fire have been coming up very small.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, not impressed! I guess not enough beatings when a child, you can act big behind a keyboard!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by shrapnel

All this attention to knives and over-advertising by a member, and I find I have a few, but consider them more of a tool than art. I have a few Kauffman knives which are actually hand made and not blanks with customized handles.

He heat treats, then freezes them, using the best steel available. I asked him to modify one of his designs by adding a larger finger groove and extended hilt. Dave made it that way for me and it works great.

I asked one of the advertisers here about the same option with some insane wood, but was met with little enthusiasm and also find him incapable of a modification due to blanks that are purchased then finished with wood and sharpened.

Anyhow, I won't buy or need any knives from the campfire as Dave has made the few that I need, just the way I like them...

[Linked Image]
chuck you are indeed a piece of work or fecal material.

Ps to the op nice folder

Last edited by rickmenefee; 09/22/14.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,794 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.