Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My son ordered an AR from Cheaper Than Dirt. He received the rifle on Monday. Monday evening he received a sales flyer from them advertising the same rifle on sale for $100 bucks less. He called them to ask about it and they claimed that it just reflected a cheaper buy on their end and it wasn't a sale price even though the email specifically stated that it was. I think he got hosed. Am I wrong?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You expected something else from CTD? I will not do business with that company.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
They charged me a Hazmat fee for a plastic tipped 40mm dummy round and when I questioned them and told them there was no hazmat required for live ammo and this was a dummy round. They still did not get it.

I will do no business with those A Holes Ever Again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of those cases where it's their prerogative, but most companies would honor your request in good faith, etc, I agree.

No matter - their sales flyer came yesterday. Noted some good price on ammo as walked back to the house, and proceeded to throw it straight in the trash. Those a--holes can choke on it - will spend my money about anywhere else but there, and appears it's a reputation well deserved by many counts.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lessons still being learned with that company, I see.... whistle

All doubt of the company ethics should have been cast aside when everyone saw how they took advantage of the customer base in the ammo crunch. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CTD makes Sportsmans Guide seem a great place to shop. And it ain't. laugh

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
He definitely learned a lesson on researching companies before he orders. He was kind of embarrassed when he found all of the crappy reviews that they have on the internet.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nah. I think j&g sales runs about neck and neck with these azzholes. Bought a Yugo AK M70 underfolder from them several years back. The phugging thing would NOT cycle thru even 1 entire mag.
I literally had to beat on them for a couple weeks to get them to even take it back so their gunnie could look at it. And, even then, they charged me a return and restocking fee. When I called the Gunnie personally to see where he was with it, he told me nobody had ever said anything to him about it. What a bunch of douchebags.
I have never given them a plug nickel since.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He just payed a 100.00 bucks for the lesson, that you should research the companies you buy from.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
CTD sux

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280shooter
My son ordered an AR from Cheaper Than Dirt. He received the rifle on Monday. Monday evening he received a sales flyer from them advertising the same rifle on sale for $100 bucks less. He called them to ask about it and they claimed that it just reflected a cheaper buy on their end and it wasn't a sale price even though the email specifically stated that it was. I think he got hosed. Am I wrong?

I think you pay the price on the day you buy.

How long should a dealer honor the new price? If they lower the price in a week after you buy? 2 weeks? Next year?

Prices are coming down on ARs, that is a good thing.
Your son should buy a second one.
And load up on magazines while they are cheap!

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I only buy ammo from J&G, but I am very happy with their service and prices.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J&G has been good for me.

CTD can suck a dick. After their Newtown price gouge I will never do business with them again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Come on Sam... SG sold me a M4 barrel for 100 bucks that shoots very good.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Cheaper Than Dirt isn't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Cheaper Than Dirt isn't.

They are dirty though... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
We're "local" to Sportsman's Guide in the Twin Cities. 'Never had a bad experience with them yet, but we go down to their City Desk.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I haven't opened a CTD catalog since Sandy Hook. Prior to that, I bought three rifles and more than a few cases of ammo from them. Never again.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
CTD won't ship anything to California and their attitude has been insulting to people that have inquired as to why. As if ammo and gun buying customers are personally responsible for California gun laws. If they changed their policies they would have no market here.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cheaper Than Dirt is local to me and they can choke and die. Bunch of rancid price gouging douches with bad service and shady practices. They also charge 3x what actual shipping costs.

They screwed my brother on a bag he purchased from them and that was the last straw. I don't care if they were selling the world's last bullet and only wanted a penny, they will NEVER see any of my money again.

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (160user, 11point, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 69 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,628
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.