Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I can't think of a worse all terrain tire than the BFG all terrains; they load up with mud, are slippery on rocks and seem prone to whining prematurely.

I had a set on my F150 and agree. They were a terrible mud tire. My dealer can get any brand of tire and recommended the Nitto Trail Grapplers over the Cooper AT/3 based soley on price. So far they have been a tires.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The toyo's on my truck only lasted 25k. Great tire in snow, I don't have a high amount of mud but what mud was encountered was no problem.

Gravel roads will chew them up though. I drive and hunt on considerable amounts of gravel roads. Those tire did not last at all on gravel. At least not with the E rated tires on my diesel truck.

The big tire dealer here told me I could expect 25-35 and he was right on the money. I will not buy them again. I'll be looking for E rated street/snow tires next. No more mud and snow deep lugged tires on my pickup. The just don't last and they sling gravel like a weapon off road!

For light weight dedicated off road or primary off road vehicle they are perfect. However they are too soft for a heavy duty truck application IMO.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am running the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on my jeep. They have a very nice side lug pattern that is a bit different on each side ... just depends which way you mount them. No road noise and wearing pretty decent so far. I will go with them on my next truck tire purchase also.

[Linked Image]

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I am running the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on my jeep. They have a very nice side lug pattern that is a bit different on each side ... just depends which way you mount them. No road noise and wearing pretty decent so far. I will go with them on my next truck tire purchase also.

[Linked Image]

This!

In spades.

I am running the same tire in 10 ply on my 3/4 ton 4x4.
Best tire I have ever had on the ground. Ever.

Got 30k miles on them now, and they look good for another 30. Rotate them though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tommyd53
Originally Posted by sackett
Cooper Discoverer AT/3, best tire I've owned (that list includes BFG, Mastercraft, Firestone, Goodyeat and Armstrong)

Discoverer AT/3

My son had put a set on his F-150 and really liked them, so I put a set on my Dodge Ram, when the factory originals died. Good tires.

I went with the Cooper A/T for my truck too

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GF1
I really like Firestone' Destination A/T. I've had them on for a bit over a year on an F350 4x4 and love them. I've had either one ton or 3/4 ton trucks for three decades, and these are the best tires I've had yet. Ride well, good traction in wet/snow/mud, and they are tough.

A close friend works at a tire shop in the rocky cow country in southwest Idaho (Owyhee County), says these are the current top sellers. I can see why.

Bridgestone Dueler Revo2's here. Basically the same tire as the Destination A/T but with different tread. Got about 75k on my first set, now at 50k on my second. Great tire.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
440 members (300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,160 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.