Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
8SNAKE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It seems that I've been the victim of a scammer (not on this site), so I thought I'd accomplish two things with this post. First, and foremost, I want to warn others about the loser. Second, I want to offer up a "roast" of the dead beat, Campfire style.

I made a deal for a Reconyx game camera on Craigslist in Atlanta. Dialogue with the seller went smoothly and everything seemed great until it was time for him to provide a tracking number for shipping. From that point on (Saturday, Sept. 6th), it's been complete silence on his end. Absolutely no response to phone/text or emails and no camera has been delivered.

I'll come right out and say that I knowingly rolled the dice a bit with this transaction, so I'm not looking for sympathy (or a kick in the teeth laugh ). The deal seemed legit and I saw no red flags, so I paid via PP gift and don't have any recourse that way. The money is gone and I accept that because it's the gamble we take when making online deals with strangers. With that said, I'd love to bring at least $300 worth of misery to this jackass because that's what I've paid out.

Now, on with the particulars that I do know:

Phone: 404-587-8132
Paypal name: Pamela Ward
Email: plwbocephus1gmail.com

I've got some other info that is much more specific, but not yet confirmed, so I don't want to publish it at this time.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I feel your pain brother..and it seems Craigslist is the worst.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Obviously you can't do this with an out of town seller but the local constabulary suggests that if you make a FTF deal with a CL seller, complete it in a PD substation parking lot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Couldn't you contact the local LEO and open a case...as was done in this case?

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7976826/5

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No Craigslist is not the worst, Fleabay is. At least with C/L, you know to expect to get screwed. With Fleabay, they act like the buyer and seller are protected, and when there is a problem, they will not intervene, AND they charge 10% to Fleabay (including on the shipping) and 3% to PP.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been an Ebay member since 2001. When they changed their firearms parts policy, I markedly reduced the amount of business, both buying and selling. They have since modified that policy, and I again do more business with them.
I have had at least five occasions where I have had to deal with sleazebags on Ebay. In every single instance, where I have followed their procedure, I have gotten my money back.
JMHO

Bill
NRA Patron life member.
RMEF
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. Using pay-pal in the Gift mode is never a good ideal when dealing online. We need all the protection we can get. I use pay-pal an USPS Money orders an I know its still a crap-shoot. Good luck.......Redworm

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
With their correct address we could sign them up for a million magazines or other offers. All types of credit cards, buy them a new car just make them happy. LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Believe it or not, you can find this azzhole. Do google searches with different seach criteria and eventually and hopefully you'll triangulate them down. I've found quite a few aholes this way, during a time when I was finding pond scum that didn't want to be found. Trust me, they're out there. Just gotta narrow them down. If you've got friends or family in law enforcement, they can further enhance the search with any other tidbits of info. Also, let gmail know what this chitbag is doing and maybe they can help track them down. Best of Luck.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
PS- I've found scumbags like this using their voter registrations. smile

My take on it is this:
Phugging chitbags go around ripping decent people off, yet they still want to retain their right to vote for the likes of Hoe'bammie so they can continue to collect their handouts and freebees!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pay pal gift on merchandise purchases= if they'll screw pay pal they'll screw you.
If a. 3% premium for doing it the right way is too expensive you're probably paying too much for the goods.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
8SNAKE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Believe it or not, you can find this azzhole. Do google searches with different seach criteria and eventually and hopefully you'll triangulate them down. I've found quite a few aholes this way, during a time when I was finding pond scum that didn't want to be found. Trust me, they're out there. Just gotta narrow them down. If you've got friends or family in law enforcement, they can further enhance the search with any other tidbits of info. Also, let gmail know what this chitbag is doing and maybe they can help track them down. Best of Luck.

Thanks. That is precisely what I am doing. I think I have found the guy, but want to make sure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's awesome news!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 49 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,090
Posts18,464,038
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.