-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Gotta love it when they tell a cop whats legal�..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ask him over for some punch tomorrow.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good job not beatin' the sonofabich senseless, you should host a campfire get together, that phu*kers head would explode! grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I was shooting in my yard the other day and out of nowhere my neighbor from almost a half mile away walks up my driveway and demands that I stop shooting until he can verify that I have an approved shooting facility. I put my gun down on the table, looked at him funny and told him to GFhimself. He started blabbering about having grandkids up and he had every right to come make aure I was being safe.

I said
A: i'm shooting the opposite direction from your property

B: my back stop is about a hundred tons of dirt pushed up

C: get the fugg off of my property, and if he doesn't like the way things are done in Northern Pa, he can get the hell out and go back to Jersey.

He started in about how it was illegal for me to shoot within 300 feet of buildings, and that he was an NRA instructor and what I was doing wasn't safe, and he was worried about his grandkids
. . . .

He needs to go back to Jersey. When they forst bought this house up here, his wife called the troopers because a farmer's cows were out of the pasture( in the farmer's field) and she was worried that they would maul her grandkids

I guess you might want to post your property "no trespassing." I don't know if that would avoid liability in case of accidents, but it can't hurt.

In one of the continuing legal education courses I took last year, the speaker told a hypothetical story about kids trespassing on private forest land to play cowboys and indians and one falling out of a tree. The owner could restrict his exposure to lawsuits to the value of the land by putting title in an "asset protection" trust.

That would shield his other property, like his business, medical practice equipment, house, antique car or gun collections, etc. One could even have multiple asset protection trusts.

For those who have even moderately significant belongings or items that they want to preserve for their families, this makes a lot of sense.

Done properly, the suing party would lose �� or have such obstacles that he would agree to a modest settlement. Remember, a settlement (even when it is a fairly large percent of the demand) is a win for the defendant, when compared with a big loss, especially one with punitive damages which could wipe him out. It is worth thinking about.

I bet you know that I am thinking about trusts myself. grin

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would prove a point and shoot everyday..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by eyeball
Getim, you only made one mistake. When that sucker was on your property you should have claimed he was attacking you and opened a can of justified and certified kickass.

Let his grand kids and granny see what happens when he fuggs with thee.

Naaa, there are other ways.

I have an aquaintence that has some class 3 stuff, i'm thinking a little late night target practice is in order, have my buddy bring his 50.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by eyeball
Getim, you only made one mistake. When that sucker was on your property you should have claimed he was attacking you and opened a can of justified and certified kickass.

Let his grand kids and granny see what happens when he fuggs with thee.

Naaa, there are other ways.

I have an aquaintence that has some class 3 stuff, i'm thinking a little late night target practice is in order, have my buddy bring his 50.

^^^^^^^

This. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
We need to move the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot up to John's place this fall. About three days of various and sundry submachine guns, machine guns and glorious belt fed machine guns blowing up more tannerite than they used on 5 seasons of the goofy "Sons of Guns" television show.

I'd say that ought to make the grandkids feel warm and fuzzy.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Tannerite with glow-in-the-dark spots for targets!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Get a lazer and scan his house from the woods some night....he'll go bug shyte.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Well you could have been a little nicer and offered to teach his grand kids how to shoot.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This all sounds really cool and everything, but for the fact that they may be able to get a cease and desist on noise. As has happened elsewhere in PA Likely this would be considered a private nuisance and be safe, but goading him is a good way to push him to spend the money to drag you to court.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I am positive that there are 4 people actively praying today that I don't get a terminal cancer prognosis.

They know it, and I know it.

I'm sure it's true. And that's what makes it funny.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Well, I guess he could bow down to the common cacksucker and never break another shot on his own property again. That should keep the grandkids safe and keep himself from having to go to court that one extra time on his day off.

I don't mean to sound like a smartass, JBGQuick, but I just don't think I feel like letting someone else tell me what do do on my property.

Of course, Gitem's mileage may vary, and I am sure he will continue to make sound, mature decisions like the one he made to not slap the taste out of his chickenshit trespassing neighbor's mouth.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
This all sounds really cool and everything, but for the fact that they may be able to get a cease and desist on noise. As has happened elsewhere in PA Likely this would be considered a private nuisance and be safe, but goading him is a good way to push him to spend the money to drag you to court.

I hate talking to ambulance chasers.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I am positive that there are 4 people actively praying today that I don't get a terminal cancer prognosis.

They know it, and I know it.

I'm sure it's true. And that's what makes it funny.

I did mention that I'm not a very good person....

And they EARNED it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Well you could have been a little nicer and offered to teach his grand kids how to shoot.

actually this is what i would do cause in all reality from your description it would piss him off the most....make sure you offer within ear shot of the kids

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was talking about the suggestions and goals of bringing in noisemakers to make the neighbors miserable and teach him who is boss. Not never shooting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No doubt they earned it.

Until you've had a hold of a collar trying to throw someone over the edge of an overpass you don't really comprehend anger, lol.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

624 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,050 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,269
Posts18,448,326
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.