Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Just opened my new service manual/ paperwork for my new John Deere yard tractor wifey bought as my gift for our 35th anniversary! ( I'm gonna giver her this year off to paint the house, but I digress).

I am going thru the paperwork and run across the "Canadian Warrenty Registration" card in the packet. It immediately catches my interest when I notice that it is a bilingual form. But what catches my eye is it's not printed in both English and French, as I would expect, but English and Spanish!!!!!!! You guys are next!!!!! Not only a US thang!!!! They are a-coming!!!!

You have been warned! (Heck I dunno??? They may already be there!).

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
kaywoodie;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope other than finding disturbing lawn tractor literature in your mail that this finds you well.

It's interesting in that while we're not as noticeably Hispanic than across the medicine line in northern Washington, in the last few years we've certainly noticed an increase in Spanish speaking folks in our part of the world.

The other "interesting" thing which gives me pause for reflection is that the local orchard/ground crop industry in the valley was started before WWII by folks of various European ancestry. After the war there was an influx of German folks who took over many of the orchards, but their children in the main did not continue on in fruit farming.

The orchards in our area then went to a lot of Portuguese immigrants - again whose children didn't continue fruit farming.

The orchards now seem to be owned primarily by folks from India - and of course again their children don't appear to be taking up the family business.

So it is that we're seeing quite a few Hispanic orchard and vineyard workers locally, whether or not they'll be the next wave of owners remains to be seen.

Anyway sir, that's our local situation in the south Okanagan - in case you or anyone else were interested in it. wink

All the best to you this fall and good luck on your hunts too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd get concerned when they have a manual in French and Spanish, and no English...

We should blame all of this on our English Ancestors...

they should have taken over ALL of North and South America..

but since they didn't.. and Hispanics reproduce like ants at a picnic....

well lets say I am glad I am not going to be around when Spanish is listed as a national language, and both the USA and Canada are 3rd world countries....

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Matter of time before we are broke and they flood across the northern border. No swimming either..

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The greenhouse industry in this area employs mostly Mexicans so lots of Spanish heard around here. See the occ. Mex money in the change pile. Store gets to keep it though as I have no intention of ever visiting Mexico.
Lots of Fillipino's here too as well as folks from SE Asia.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We're putting up signs along the southern border welcoming the Mexicans to Canada, just a few miles north. We have an open border policy from ME to WA. Anyone going north can cross without hindrance. We advertize the great free healthcare, public assistance, and voting rights that Canada offers along with the great job market.

You're welcome. grin

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,357
Posts18,468,926
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.