Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Maybe not bursting yet, but cracking a little. The madness appears to be on the wane over at Gunbroker, sellers still listing at scalper prices, but almost nobody buying, most are "no sale". Hope they choke on it. smirk

[Linked Image]
BP-B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have not seen any 22lr in over a year.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was able to buy some for the first time tonight locally in 2 years. Its not like I was desperately searching for it, but whenever I'd walk by the ammo counter at various stores I'd look.

Tonight was the first time I've seen it just sitting out, still have guys show up on the morning it arrives but they at least set some back and sell it thru-out the week to people.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/20/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A local hardware store had some in stock yesterday but I'm not paying a dime a round.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I paid 6 cents a round for it. I'm good with that.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Once the back orders are filled for Brownells and Midway etc. we will start seeing more in the stores. So long as nothing renews the panic, we are 6-9 months from being able to walk into a reasonable number of store and see .22 lr on the shelves.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I was in Cabelas yesterday and there was hundreds of boxes of 22LR on the shelf and a pallet in the aisle. No panic buying, people walking buy and not buying.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Last week the local Gander Mountain was advertising .22LR for $2.29 for a box of 50. Limit five to a customer.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Last week the local Gander Mountain was advertising .22LR for $2.29 for a box of 50. Limit five to a customer.

Did they have any? Gander has pulled that one on me before.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Midway had 22lr for sale in their latest flyer.

Cabela in WV had it on the shelves yesterday, and it wasn't going like it used to, where everyone walking past took the limit. A lot looked and didn't take any. Price was about 5 to 7 cents a round. Talked to the guys in the gun room and they indicated it is getting better, more coming in and lasting longer

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was able to pick up 1. 525 round box of WW HP's Friday at Academy for $22.95

First brick I've bought or seen in over a year.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The panic buying will ramp back up as we near the next election and if we get another demorat expect the shortage to last indefinitely. If you need it get it while you can.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wally Mart had two boxes of Remington subsonics on the shelf yesterday. Been a long time since I have seen any on the shelf.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
About time the scalpers and hoarders got tired of their game and moved on to something else, hopefully not shooting related. I've had enough, first it was powder and primer prices thru the roof and little or none to be had and for the last few years .22 prices and availability being manipulated by the greedy dogs.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I went to an aptly named "Dick's" store about a month ago, and was able to buy 2 325ct. boxes of Federal Auto Match for $20 apiece, which isn't too awful a price.
This stuff wasn't on the shelf, but I asked about something "other than Remington Golden" and he said he had a lot of this stuff in the back room.
He also mentioned that he'd had considerable quantities of CCI Mini Mags lately, too.
They DID have enough Remington Thunderdolt gift packs to put on the shelf, but I ain't buyin' that crap.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I haven't looked for it much in the last several months.

Didn't have much trouble finding it when I was though. Granted, it wasn't on every shelf, but plenty to be had at reasonable prices.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jnyork
Maybe not bursting yet, but cracking a little. The madness appears to be on the wane over at Gunbroker, sellers still listing at scalper prices, but almost nobody buying, most are "no sale". Hope they choke on it. smirk

I hope every last one chokes on it. Scalpers and hoarders alike. They are the reason we haven't seen any on the shelves. Now they are up to their eyeballs in 22lr, slowing down on their tinfoil purchasing and guys like us refuse to pay scalpers prices. I just bought a brick of 22lr today as a matter of fact. It will be on the shelves again, guaranteed..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by justin10mm
The panic buying will ramp back up as we near the next election and if we get another demorat expect the shortage to last indefinitely. If you need it get it while you can.

BS. It's tinfoil hat ideas like this that cause mass hysteria and panic buying. You are probably sitting on over 20,000 rounds of 22lr and still stirring the pot..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, we all know the shortage is because of all the new shooters crazy

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A Big5 close to me had triple 5s for $70! While right across the same parking lot, Walmart had them for $39. Which is still too high

The local shop has them for $27. And has for over a year. Counter dude told me that they've always sold tons of .22 . More than the other shops because of location. When the crunch hit, they were out for a while but had kept paying for them to stay on the back ordered list. When deliveries started again, they ended up with way more than normal. And paid mostly normal prices. So no need to raise the price. Pretty cool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
88 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,592 guests, and 777 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,761
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.