R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nope no pictures yet. Still 2000 miles or so from home on a long layover

Just wanted to say again what positive experiences we have every fall in Alaska

U folks should be proud of ur state and most of its people! Alaska air goes above and beyond always so far. Service at the terminal is heads above their service in obama central Austin. My destination airport.

Almost everyone is always friendly and helpful. The gals at ANC this morning even gave me the advice of bull moose are meant to be spikes standing off the road just far enough to be legal and on dry ground. Lol

If all the folks I talked to everywhere the last 2 weeks are representative ur stare and folks as a whole are heads and shoulders above.

Of course I am aware there are bad apples everywhere but I did not find em this trip. Many trips to town to hardware store the folks the treated me great like a local while re plumbing a bath/utility for friends. Of course u don't get better than our "adopted" parents either. You know who u are. We are forever greatful. See ya in 12 months we hope

I will say I always found unique things in glennallen but since I learned that ur resident pos liberal Walt lives there gives the poor town a bad name Lol.

Be at least tonight before can post a small bull picture. And Sunday or so before a photobucket link. Carolyn will have to edit my aurora pics to find if any are good I'm sure. And to get the token leighton food pic up

If I had only read on the new luggage costs I'd have known I could have brought more meat home and a couple pairs of extra tuffs.

Enjoy your state! I left heaven 1230 this morning headed for the hell and heat of Texas for 50 more weeks. And start next weekend with the "joy" of 3 day heavy vehicle extrication class in the heat

At least we got over 9 inches of rain while I was gone

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually, I think Walt is just up the road at Gakona. You probably smelled it driving by. My apologies to Gakona if my info is bad...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Finally home all intact and safe and sound. All packages arrived safely at the liberal Austin airport. Its SO much nicer dealing with folks in AK on guns and such....

At least this time they didn't just leave my rifle laying on the floor in the airport, they wanted to see a drivers license... there may still be a tiny bit of hope.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Welcome home Jeff!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Congrats Jeff, there's no other place like Alaska. I'll whole heartedly agree with you about the residents. We have been treated very well by Alaska folks, both by the Fire members we've met to the random folks we encountered during our travels. A cheerful atitude doesn't hurt either! smile

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Some say i'm a grump.... but I don't think so.. LOL.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"For a good time, call rost495". Saw that on the restroom wall next to McDonalds at the airport just this morning... smile

Friggin Security took away my marker right after...

Last edited by las; 09/23/14.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
lol Still want to hunt out of Kotz once and just see the area. Guess I've been around and didn't know it... LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
always appreciate the kind words you have to say about the place I call home Jeff

don't think you count as a tourist any longer, more just an Alaskan trapped by circumstance in another location.

course that still won't get you a PFD check....darn

glad you had a good time and thank you for all the positives you have to say about this wonderful place I'm lucky enough to call home.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Heck with the PFD, I'd just be proud if my DL said AK... Grins.

But we gotta get Las to quit with the grafitti.

Said the cheechacko...

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Another few seconds and 7 digits and Art would have had some "splainen" to do to Miss Treated.... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,905 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,031
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.